1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 3/4/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

ESPN credited Marc Gasol for the block. This crap is unwatchable. I cant f n take this anymore. This crap is over the top. We are playing at home. We only get 5 freethrows in a physical game.

2. Great Red Flash

i dont understand why ppl want the second seed. There is a chance rockets play the thunder if they are 2 seed and why would you want GODbrook and KD in the first round.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

when opposing sides close up shop at the basket. the rockets panic by either jacking up bad 3s or making wild drives. not having that second playmaker/attack guard is killing the rockets. that guy would've helped the rockets take this game out of the refs hands.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, it does not change the fact that the Grizz are in our Division and they remain a very tough matchup in near future.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We'll see, We're 2-2 against them and I think only one we had Dwight in.

Their window is now, I'd like to think with a 26 year old MVP candidate our window with some good management will be open for a while.

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Who cares? We are warching now. Tomorrow, we could be in WWIII. Well, at least i can say I watched the Rockets win two championships back to back. You can just sit there and hope you dont die tomorrow.

7. theredbackpack

rewatched the game from home. love the way t-jones has been playing, but it was a bit worrisome that harden weirdly guarded z-bo the best out of anyone tonight? i just want our 3 bigs to be consistent. there is so much talent on this team. no one scares me. we just need to put it together the right way.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Still Fuming...

9. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

It's infuriating how Harden cops **** for getting to the line so often when ****ing Russell Westbrook averages 0.3 less FT's per game and nothing is made of it.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Harden has guarded Z-Bo well previously too.

He is stocky and he is strong. He has guarded other back to the basket PF's previously on the odd occasion and done a better than average job against them.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

He's quicker.

12. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

NBA.com recap. Transparency right?

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Officially, I guess that's how they recorded it. But ESPN has a story up about how McHale and the players were furious at the refs for the foul not being called. So it is being reported. The problem is the NBA isn't gonna do anything about it other than issue some meaningless apology 24 hours after the fact.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden gets a lot of ticky tacky fouls in his favor so can't really complain when one goes against him.

yes, I was pissed at the time at what seemed to be an obvious foul but I have come to realize that come end of game with about 6 seconds left, these kind of fouls are hardly called as they would during the game. It is what it is.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's bull****. If anything Refs should be paying even MORE attention. That slack across the arms isn't ticky tack. Grabbing someone's waist on a drive is ticky tack. Grabbing a jersey is ticky tack. Creating contact hard enough that a player loses control of the ball isn't.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We have fallen out of 3rd seed as well.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The incredibly bad no-call of the foul on Harden has me so pissed off that this is all I'm going to say. **** you, you ******* of an official. Hell, **** the whole crew. You deserve to be fired. Today. It won't happen, but the league should have the two teams play the final seconds again. As others have said, if we lose, you tip your hat to the Grizz. A game should never be decided by a blown call in the last seconds that either one of my kids could have called correctly when they were 7 years old.

Bastards. Now I'll look for something else here to read and discuss. God, I'm mad. I'll be lucky not to have an ulcer by the time the season's over if this continues. The suck-up to Bon-Bon James Sunday was bad enough, but at least we pulled that one out despite the drooling awe the officials have for the chump. This one, though, goes beyond the pale.

So who do we play next? This abomination is history.

#977 Deckard, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

A few observations from the game last night:

McHale was livid right after the refs failed to call a foul on Harden at the end of the game. I'm honestly surprised he didn't get a Technical called on him.

He was even more upset after the game and had to be restrained by his coaching staff.

Ran into Andre Johnson in Lexus Lounge. Actually walked out with him from Lexus back onto the court/ my seats behind him. Really chill guy / class act but it didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered too much.

[​IMG]

Saw Harden's mom in the Lexus Lounge after the game. (I'd seen her before at the Cavs game). She was upset and said the refs cheated lol.

TLDR: I went to the game saw Andre Johnson and Harden's pissed off mama.

19. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

when will the ref report be released? It would be awesome if two teams could go back on the court privately and play the last minutes with the correct calls.

But whoops! Then that would mean the NBA is fair!

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

waiting for the ref report...