1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Bahaha it's gotten pretty bad nowadays where I can't even be a fan of players without getting called a "X-only fan"...

Love Yao, love Lin, but I've been a huge fan of Dragic, Tmac, Omer, etc...

but of course, around these parts I'm just a lowly LOF. LOL.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a dead give away when the poster requests a 99er on clutchfans to stop posting. It's a hint they know nothing of clutchfans.

99ers have bobby brown rights
    It's our prerogative
    Every little step, we will be there

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

don't sweat it. ive been called a LOF plenty of times because I think Lin isn't a Dleaguer/you should judge him on basketball, everyones very trigger happy round here to throw that label

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I remember once in a game thread, I complimented Lin for a great play and was called a LoF. LoF's actually had to come to my defense, saying I was a "Lin Skeptic" not a LoF.

5. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Lol tinman, why the obvious trap bait?

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The Lin crazies never left. His biggest crazies are the highest posters in this thread.

7. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k76YbbkN-EQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Danang78

Danang78 Member

He fell off these last couple post. I think neck beard got to him

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Frying dumplings and turnip cake at home then going to Santa Monica's Reed Park to give to the homeless (and a red envelope)?

Stay classy Jeremy Lin and ignore the jealous, obsessive haters here.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Since Jeremy Lin and his friends love quoting Bible verses, I thought I should share a couple. Perhaps he might have overlooked these by mistake....

Mathew 6:1.

"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven."

"Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you"

"But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,"

In any event, none of this changes what he is as a basketball player and that is what we are here to discuss.

Thread title is "Jeremy Lin as a Laker", not "Jeremy Lin the Anti-Terrance Jones."

#7270 Zboy, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  11. Allegro

Allegro Member

Who cares about your internal fantasies? The fact is that a crappy system can ruin any player.

Lin's resurgence is proving that when he's in a system that's even remotely decent, he'll produce -- big time. It's proving that if he gets even a tiny portion of what nearly every other starting PG gets, he'll win.

Of course, the Lakers want to lose, so I expect them to clamp down on him again. But he has done enough to prove that Linsanity was not a fluke.

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Tricky line between inspiring people by example and tooting your own horn, isn't it. Are you saying he's a hypocrite who only does charitable acts in front of cameras, or simply that he should never do so?

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Uh, wut? If I want to be entertained with fantasy I'll read your Lin posts. Like this one for example.

Lin's resurgence (huh?) is proving that when he plays well then the system is remotely decent. When Lin sucks, obviously it's a system issue and he's not being used properly. Never mind the whole trying to win ball games issue, the system should be tailored to Lin's skill set.

14. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

So that's why he gives away the rock when going left...

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am neither religious nor do I care what it says in the Bible.

I am only bringing up highly relevant verse from the bible because:

1) His fans brought the video up in a basketball discussion, I didnt.
    2) Jeremy likes to preach the Bible.

I dont care what he does in his personal life either.

I do find it interesting that he is not practicing what the very book he peaches from has to say about the subject matter.

16. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You have no idea if he is practicing what the very book he preaches from has to say on the subject matter. You merely know that the video wasn't an example of it. But then, was the video was intended as inspiration or personal puffery?

I have no objection to you bashing Lin's basketball. I think you carry it too far, but whatever. Attacking him as a person based on his effort to do good with his celebrity is just petty.

17. VanityHalfBlack

That and also, I would't want to create a new thread just for this video in particular. All Lin content should go into one thread which is this one. I enjoyed the video, I liked it more than the one where he does comedy skits with Kevjumba. Not really much else to it but to piss you off, lol.

18. Allegro

Allegro Member

Remember that a valid theory has to explain all the known facts.

Does your theory explain why Lin was benched in crunch time of a game in which he put up 18/11? My theory, that Byron Scott was frightened that the tank would be ruined by Jeremy's takeover of the game, does explain it.

Does your theory doesn't explain why Lin is still coming off the bench in the absence of Kobe? And why, in spite of overwhelming evidence that the bench led by Lin is far better than the starters, Byron Scott continues to stick with the crappy starting lineup? My theory explains it.

Face it, Lin is the major threat to the Lakers tank. So Scott has been squelching him -- until the front office forced the coach to free Lin. As to why the front office panicked, I would think it's because Jack Nicholson reminded them that the natives were getting restless.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin vs mo williams tonight

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

I wonder what kind of charity work did Zboy do in his life besides giving $2 to clutchfans so he can edit his posts