1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden suspended one game by NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Mar 2, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The roster

PG: Beverley / Prigioni
    SG: Brewer / Terry
    SF: Ariza / Papaniko
    PF: Jones / Smith
    C: Motie / Dorsey

Thats pretty awful lol

All of the starters are average at best or mostly fringe, couple of the backups are non rotational players.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lebron doesn't know? He's gonna be trolled from now on by opponents trashtalk referencing that kick.

Way to whine too much, it's gonna backfire on Lebron in some way and fashion

Harden and Rockets just gained some points in 'bad-boy' toughness. Important lessons for guys like DMo and TJones and Dwight (yes, Dwight) to learn. It's a war out there. And only grown men survive.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is the right thing to do, he hit Lebron in the junk - he deserves the suspension.

Lebron should get one too for holding down Bev, but I doubt he gets anything.

DD

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't know he was going for the balls, and it doesn't look like Lebron got hit in the balls.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is flat out bs.
    Stop presenting this as a D&D subject. It's not. This subject as far as I'm concerned is about me collecting cfnet members who don't know what fighting for basketballs means

You are completely wrong about how dowling park plays bball when people kick

Let's do this

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I was just thinking this... why does Harden get suspended for kicking Lebron, and yet Lebron gets away from pushing Bev back down to the ground when he was trying to get up?

Way to go coddle Queen Lebron, NBA!

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Footlocker should take advantage by shooting a commercial with a kicking reference.

Harden should troll the NBA tomorrow night by attending basketball practice with a high school girls' team or something. That would be hilarious.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ok sooooooo I been holding back my opinion..... And since everyone voices theirs I'm going to voice mine.....

I firmly believe it was not a kick but more so of a push off with his feet.... He had already seen Lebron land on Bev so Harden's reaction was a natural push off trying to avoid the same scenario .... If Harden had actually put force into this "kick" I promise you Lebron would have not been talking trash 4 seconds after.

I'm okay with the suspension, but to call it a kick is stretching it.... Lebron knew that very second that he could have gotten Harden ejected and he went for it. I wouldn't want Lebron landing on me either and if saw him coming down at me intentionally I would have used my feet to fend off as well..... Sure you would have done the same...

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If I were Harden, I would practice my jumpshots more. I would refrain from going into the lane a lot.

NBA might, you know, "call" for a reduction in Harden foul calls. I mean, it's better to be prepared for the worst. There might be a backlash.

10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I think it's a "problem" but not as major as you're making it out to be. Like the other poster said, this kind of thing happens frequently where a reviewed play will turn out to be wrong.

The same thing happened when Dwyane Wade kicked Ramon Sessions. The refs on the floor didn't even call ANYTHING, and the 'higher ups' ended up suspending Wade. You can't possibly tell me that's because Sessions is an NBA diva?

11. basketballholic

Bingo. He was holding him off. Lebron had just basically raped him with no call already. He was holding him off. If Harden had wanted to he could've sent Lebron to the showers with a real kick.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The pin looked like attempted man on man rape to honest. Lebron needs to be suspended at least 3 games.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Reserves beat Atlanta. It is possible. If they come out with hustle and fire anything is possible in the NBA. They will have to play their best defensive game of the year, and the threes must fall. That would be a kick.

14. dje243

dje243 Member

This. harden wasn't trying to kick Lebron in the groin. He just was trying to push him away and that's what happened. He didn't wind up or anything he just extended his leg. Lebron like through his elbow and weight into Patrick Beverley's chest while he had him pinned down. To me that was the way dirtier play bc there was clear intent and aggression. Harden's "kick" was a reaction. Furthermore, now people are using this "kick" to asset that Harden is a dirty player who lacks "basketball morals". This goes right along with the narrative that the media wants everyone to believe about the rockets. We are a team that is essentially winning bc we've found a way to "exploit the system" by using analytics to take higher percentage shots no matter the situation. They want our success to be seen as an aberration and our failure as further proof that they were always right. Bring the hate. it only makes us play harder. We arch the games. We know the truth. The real MVP and the true King has a Beard and wears rockets red. One day he'll hoist a trophy and they won't be able to hide behind their narratives anymore.

15. WestendMassive

Totally agree that it was just a push, not a kick.

If anyone here has ever been properly hit in the nads during a bball game, you'd know that you don't just take three steps back then arc up again and start talking trash.. If you get hit in the balls properly you go down, you might even have to sub out of the game. I copped a wayward pass from a teammate in the balls just a couple of weeks ago and had to have a 5 minute spell.

There's a big difference to what Harden did and actually copping a shot in the nuts, nobody is seeming to acknowledge this

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Negative publicity or not, Harden has the NBA and media attention now. He's gonna polarize MVP voters one way or another.

For the first time, USA Sports Today weekly poll has Harden ahead of Curry by 1 point.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...mes-russell-westbrook-anthony-davis/24278967/

More so, if the Rockets completely unravel with Harden sitting tomorrow night, as Morey keeps saying they will without Harden. Then it'll be even more apparent who's really carrying his team.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

This is quite entertaining : <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/knflc0fSnAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

It does look like Beverley was using LeBron as leverage to get up and LeBron retaliated by trying to push off him

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If he would have actually tried to hurt him, I'm sure he would have received multiple games. One game is hardly anything. He's getting suspended for doing it, not because he planned it or caused him a lot of pain.

Getting kicked, pushed, grabbed, bumped, whatever, in the balls has no place in basketball, period. It's unnecessary, as it's not a basketball play or even during a play and it's excessive because of the area involved. Harden had a clear view and clearly moved his leg to kick/push him. That's all the NBA needs to see for a one game suspension.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Having watched the stupid play now slowly a number of times, I don't even believe there was sneaker-against-jock-strap contact. I think it's clear he hit Lerbon's shorts in a soft, glancing way, but it wasn't the low blow that a suspension suggests. Oh well.

If they're trying to send a message about nuts, fine. But it makes it look like Lerbon whines and Silver drools in a Pavlovian fashion. "Doze nuts tho? (*drool drool*)"