1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden suspended one game by NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Zbed

Zbed Member

Unleash the Brewer

2. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

I completely disagree. It didn't even look like a real kick to me. It was more like a get off me and stay away from me thing. Also, it seems like a normal response to being mauled without getting a foul call and then being thrown to the ground. Harden can't help it that Lebron is a drama queen.

Plus, Lebron had already pinned one of our guys to the ground so keeping him at legs length seems completely logical to me.

Either make the calls and keep the drama queen in check or call it both ways. Anything else is unacceptable.

1 person likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He might deserve it, but he doesn't deserve it anymore than LBJ deserves an equal punishment for what he did to Beverley.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You and I are biased but I totally agree with you. The "kick" was a minor and understandable version of "get the **** off of me -- you're playing football out here."

If the Insecure King wasn't such a dramatic flopper, nobody would have noticed.

I'm really shocked the league did this. It just takes Lebron's statements and flopping as fact, I suppose. Must be nice.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

LBJ running the league office now or what?!?!

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be a be a monstrous ruling by the NBA. Worse than dictator Stern.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, show Silver/Lerbon and just sit all the starters. I agree with those saying we just let the main guys some rest.

8. Rocket_Man_2.0

This is what getting kicked in the nuts looks like.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kasTHolwOwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What Harden did was NOT worthy of a 1 game suspension.

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

will the suspension affect the mvp candidacy of the Beard??

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The in-game officials who are paid tons of money to know the rules and thoroughly review the incidents must coincidentally be part of the 0.1%. :rolleyes:

I don't get why those of you who support the suspension feel the need to make strawman arguments. Shouldn't your case be strong enough on its own? No reason to make up things like "only homers disagree" when all it takes is a quick Twitter search (as well as knowledge of how the in-game review process works) to figure out that there are PLENTY of non-Rockets fans who didn't think that was a Flagrant 2.

#230 The Cat, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Love that last crowd reaction on the Wade kick.

12. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

blah

I initially thought it was uncalled for then watched numerous replays. I actually think he felt that Lebron pushed him down while he was trying to hold on to the ball. Since the refs weren't calling anything with Lebron mauling him, he tried to push him away with his leg. Unfortunately it ended up hitting Bron in the groin.

Or he just wanted to serve Lebron a taste of what he probably deserves. :)
    We know how badly Lebron flops and cries to the refs. You can see why - it clearly works.

The arm hook at the end of the game was a joke as well however I felt after Lebron cried to the refs, Harden tried to perpetuate contact further and pull Lebron's arm towards him rather than disentangle himself and shoot the 3.

It is irritating that the game often boils down to refs making a call and the players having to sell it down the stretch.

The Pat Bev pin down was totally ridiculous as well.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

True.... this IS the bright-side.

I wanted both games, but MEM is more important.

Maybe the squad rises up and wins both!!! :eek:

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Good.

Finally can rest the guy.

15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Touche. I think its Queen James now that Harden is the Real King

16. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

This was a media suspension. If Harden is suspended a game then Mozgoof should be also. Lebron is likely to be in the finals this year and they obviously helped him out with one here in hopes that he will give them something for the playoffs and finals. He has all these media figures acting as his puppets.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That was not worth a suspension. I couldnt even tell he kicked him. After all, he is the King.

Really liked Harden getting feisty with him

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you serious. I don't think you've ever been in a bball fight at dowling park.

I used to travel with my bball to places in Houston that I didn't know. I have to give Ricky Pierce credit for encouraging me to do that

I have seen dozens of street fights on the court with my best of spaldings.

I have never seen anyone kick anyone in the balls

19. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

we will beat atlanta tomorrow now, this is based on absolutely nothing but my love for this team

20. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

does it matter?
    media like curry more
    if we lost big against atlanta
    that just show the world how important harden is to the team
    may even increase his chance