1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't consider posting up Jerred Sullener as bad. And I don't consider playing against the Celtics in the early part of the season as the Celtics playing to lose.

2. basketballholic

Saw a couple plays where Jones caught him outside and went around him. Once again, poor defensive understanding. Good plays by Jones. Give him credit for that. This video does show he is a very good finisher. Give him all the credit for that too.

3. basketballholic

You all can have the last word here. I've made my position clear. Don't hate Terrence. I feel like I understand who he is as a player and what his limitations are. I told you last year that if he were starting and playing major minutes in the playoffs that we weren't going to win anything. His game hasn't changed. Still can't shoot the basketball, which is the one thing he needs to do to step his offensive game up to another level. But he can still run and finish and dribble in transition. So he'll be good for that. But if we get stuck in half-court sets in the playoffs and he's on the floor.....he'll hurt us....again.

And be sure and bring up this thread and all the other threads when he becomes an All-Star. I'll gladly admit I was wrong on that one if it happens.

4. bmd

bmd Member

He had plenty of good games last year against playoff teams.

18 points vs. Dallas
    16 points vs. Warriors
    21 points vs. Spurs
    20 points vs. Memphis
    17 points vs. Pelicans and Anthony Davis
    19 points vs. Washington
    25 points vs. Pelicans and Davis
    16 points vs. OKC
    21 points vs. Spurs
    16 points vs. Dallas
    16 points vs. OKC
    20 points vs. Spurs

Etc.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hilarity has Ensued

Rocket River

6. bmd

bmd Member

No, you aren't giving him credit. You are blaming Jones' success on "poor defensive understanding".

7. crash5179

The thing is that TJ has these types of games against almost all of the power forwards in the game, including Duncan, Love, Anthony Davis (he has had some damn good games against him) etc...

TJ is as good or better than any other PF at putting the ball on the floor in the half court. He is effective because as a starter he does shoot 33% from 3pt range this season and as a starter he hit almost 31% from 3. Those are not great numbers but he hits enough to make people guard him. He is a good passer and he moves exceptionally well with out the ball on offense.

TJones is not a good jump shooter but he sure does a lot of other things very well.

- Nice soft touch around the basket

- able to post up players around the basket

- able to but the ball on the floor and break ankles in the half court

- very good passer

- Handles the ball exceptionally well in the open court and can lead or finish the break equally well

There are a lot of power forwards in the league including Ed Davis (that you seem to love) that does not do any of those things as well as TJones.

1 person likes this.
  8. crash5179

But those don't count.

I don't know why but they don't. :p

9. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Can't help but wonder how much better our record would have been this year with a healthy TJones.

He has really added a huge spark to the team lately. Really glad he is back...and glad we will have him for the playoffs.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You don't know why they don't count because you can't understand why and I'm not going to be able to help you figure it out, because I don't know why they don't count either.

11. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

According to BBholic we would be much much worse. :rolleyes:

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I can't continue this conversation without betraying a vital confidence. I've said my piece. You're wrong again and again in your response to me but I'm unable to tell you how or why. Sorry. I wish I could. But my former post was as far as I can go without betraying a confidence. It doesn't matter anyway. People are wrong all the time (I'm often one of them but not here) and I know that if you're a Rockets fan you'd rather I were right than you. That's all I can say. Go Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Anyway, I hope he does great today, picked him up on my fantasy team and I want the Rockets to win.

Go Rockets!!!

14. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

If so, that is absurd, totally absurd.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You can shut this entire board up by providing some proof. Again you don't have any legit source saying no team values T.Jones. You do not know what Morey thinks about Jones period.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're 100% right. I actually have him on ignore, but see posts quoted, and so, from time to time, will indulge myself in a bit of babyseal clubbing.
    I guess the sad thing about the internets is that those who say things the most forcefully, and the most often, get believed. And on this particular topic, I'm not willing to let the voice of idiocy rule.

So I have a half hour burst of looking at a few posts, responding as sanely as possible. Then leave it a week or so, come back to it later..... It's kind of fun! :p

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Didn't you check his sig?????

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He has come back a lot stronger . His will to get to the basket and finish is REALLY REALLY impressing me. Glad to have you back big fella' , we missed you like crazy. (Maybe not all of us --ballhollic ;))

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hey Guiyss,

I haf beeN waTching LeBroN jaMeS. The only time he scoerz point is when bad defenss happens. I no this becos all the videoz of hiM scorinG R bad deffenss.

signed
    balcoholic, jpotmac, BobbytheGreat(?)

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Crash posted a video highlighting Jones's skillet and that insane dude only focus in on two bad defensive plays. Lol but if that was Dmo he would have never mentioned that. Every player whose played this game before makes mistakes and had hundreds of bad plays on both offense and defense.