1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No other Houston forum like Clutchfans, are there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Clutch has really done well with this site. I don't only see this as a Rockets forum, but a great representative for Houston overall. The BBS Hangout is always up to date with the latest trend and every thread gets a couple responses or many within just an hour. This forum might have members who are mostly Rocket fans, but beneath all that we are just a bunch of diverse group of people always knowing what's going on in Houston and with the world. I've been on here for ten years and I noticed how quick people are to help other people out with their issues and give suggestions. I've been one of those people who have needed help. No other forum has provided me with the same sense of community such as Clutchfans, I mean really. You post something on a different forum but you don't get the same sense of "we're the same, he knows what he's talking about because he's a Houstonian" from people who respond as in here. So I'm really proud of this site. And I'm thankful for its creator, and its members.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Forget Houston forums - in ten years of being a forum regular I have never found another forum that matches Clutchfans for any other topics (music, car enthusiasts, hockey, etc).

Most forums are slow moving and full of aggressive idiots. Clutchfans has a nice minimum level of respect, mostly through sheer size and sense of community, like you said.

It's impossible(?) to replicate.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Clutchfans is indeed a rarity and I'm thankful I found it... I have yet to find one on par...

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

CF has provided me material for the faps and I would like to thank the Best Ass thread among many other similar threads.

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

The "Ramblings" section on Houston-imports.com/forums use to be good, but now it's a bunch of ppl who are either kids in high school or guys in their 30s who don't know how to grow up.

The hangout section of Clutchfans is the best as far as Houston random topics go

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I agree with above posts. The layout, the accessibility, the organization are all unparalleled. This forum spans various topics and is a great and reliable source for information.

I tried getting on Reddit, but it just seems like too much. Don't use FB or Twitter. Other sports forums are just lacking in respect and the organization that CF brings.

I legitimately think I have an addiction to CF though.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

There are others, like thehaif.com or the city data Houston forum, but I agree that Clutchfans has a great mix and is very well run.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lulz, I used to frequent that place, now it's just embarrassing to even read any longer. Even the call outs became beyond lame.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Just visited Houston-imports.com...... Looks like its a ricer/Honda community..... Will not visit again....

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

CF almost has everything for everyone. Basketball, Hangout, D&D. And if you're having a really crappy day, the Unsorted thread will always make you laugh.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

No place like home

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I'd tip if clutch accepted bitcoin

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I usually hang out at the Houston Chronicle comments section when I'm not posting on here.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Lets ask tinman what he thinks...lol

Yes... this is the best site Ever created.

Thank You Clutch!

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

City-Data's Houston forum isn't bad. It's not all about the latest events though.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Couple factors in what I think makes this forum great:

1) no avatars or sigs, easy on the eyes this way and can get straight to the content. Each person's personality is their posts and nothing else.

2) no profanity allowed. I think this is an underrated aspect. All the immature posters are forced to grow up and improve their vocabulary.

1 person likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too many white people.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Good points all around.