1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howardless and Hardenless for Rockets vs Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Feb 26, 2015.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Something tells me Harden will give it a go. As for Bev, how bad is his flu that it's keeping him out all week? Usually players miss a game or two with that.

2. Zbed

Zbed Member

Rest Harden, start Brewer, give KJ some burn, run the offense through Dmo, we still win while James gets some well deserved rest.

3. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

If we can beat this team without harden I don't mind letting him rest to make sure he's okay.

And I don't mind bev missing one more. I enjoy seeing prigioni

4. count_dough-ku

No disrespect to the Rockets supporting cast, but they'd have trouble beating anyone in this league without Harden when they're already missing Dwight. Who's gonna create open looks? Who's gonna get to the foul line and actually make their free throws?

And let's not forget the Nets aren't horrible. They have a better record than Minnesota who were within a point late in the 4th quarter a few nights ago before Harden put the game away.

If Harden can go and feels up to playing, I'd have him out there in limited minutes(maybe 25 or so). Even if he's used mostly as a decoy to draw their defenders.

5. SemisolidSnake

I want all three of them to be out. The bench has been pulling its weight lately and can beat the Nets. Let James rest and recuperate, and let the rest of the guys get more minutes to get them gelling even more. And I do hope Pat's out, but I want Prigioni to get more minutes so everybody can get used to how offense runs with a proper, pass-first point guard. They can win just fine, and it'll probably be one of the more interesting and enjoyable games this season if they don't just all camp behind the three-point line. That's why I want Prig in there, because I don't think he'll allow that.

6. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Good point. This team can beat anyone as well as get beat by anyone. Hardens tough. I could see him playing. He hasn't missed a game this season has he?

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Makes sense. The Rockets should only play him when he is 100 percent healthy.

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Nick Johnson should probably get some PT as well

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Can't afford to blow one against a **** team. Hope Harden can play

10. count_dough-ku

No he hasn't. And it's not like he hasn't gotten hurt during games before. Shoot, remember that spill he took at Detroit which looked far worse than the one last night? Not only did he not miss any games, he came back in the 2nd half of that one despite the Rockets being down by a huge margin.

The guy's a warrior. And you can tell he wants that MVP. One of the biggest advantages he has over guys like LeBron and Westbrook who are in the conversation is that those two have missed several weeks this season(a month in the case of Westbrook). Even Curry's sat out a game this year.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Chris Paul (I'm no longer referring to him as his stupid nicknames) is about 90% there on the hate spectrum to where John Stockton was at his prime.

Actually the Clippers as a whole are right there with the 90's Jazz teams + that sense of entitlement might actually make them worse if we have to start seeing them in the playoffs.

Beating the Clippers last night was worth it to have Harden sit out a game or two. We NEEDED that win.

Given the fact of who it was, and the fact that the Rockets are going to be in a playoff race with them, I'd much rather sacrifice a loss to a team in the East to beat the Clippers, Mavs, OKC, SAS, Blazers, or Memphis.

That being said... I still like the Rockets chances even if Harden does have to sit. Going to need a big game from D-Mo and Smith.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man I'm with you. I HATE Chris Paul. He's a dirty stinking flopper. I hate his push offs, I hate his consistent "accidental" placement of his foot under other players, I hate his nut shots, I hate his flopping, I hate his whining and I even hate his dirty w**** mouthed twin brother Cliff Paul too! State Farm sucks!

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Brooklyn? Yes. Cleveland? No. That Cleveland game is a marquee game on Sunday afternoon ABC. No way he is missing that game, which will be crucial for his MVP chances going up against Lebron.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hope harden plays. Without d12 and beard I think Brooklyn can win easily. We still have a shot to catch the Grizz for the #2 spot so we can't afford to lose to any sub .500 teams

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If anyone is ready and able to go full-throttle for 48 it's Flip's man Brewer!

I am hoping The Beard sits tomorrow and is aces for Sunday; this team should be able to defeat the Nyets even without the H's.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he's sore at all I hope he sits out against the Nets and plays against Cleveland. I got tickets to that game yo!

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Do we REALLY need a freaking State Farm Assists Bureau commercial EVERY SINGLE FREAKING time out? State Farm is crap anyways. Anyone that doesn't use a broker to shop rates for insurance isn't very smart anyways. Who actually watches Ad's for an insurance provider and says... You know what.. I DO need insurance?

Side rant sorry...

But Chris Paul and Clippers.... If we have to face them in the playoffs I think they will easily by right up there with the Jazz, Spurs, and Mavs as the most hated Rockets opponent of all time.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I HATE Chris Paul & Cliff Paul!!! They are both whiney little @!3*7% as far as I'm concerned!...:eek:

Whew... feels good to get that off my chest!

19. CertifiedTroll

Seems reasonable

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Harden should sit.