1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe hates the Lakers' happiness for winning

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 24, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ah more typical stuff.
    Why should he care if it's a legacy pay out and not based on current production? Would you have refused such a salary knowing the work you put in for the franchise and how valuable you are to such a franchise just because you aren't putting up your prior production numbers?
    How did he run off Pau as opposed to his GM pulling a Danny Ainge-Rondo thing(as in dangling Pau on the trade market EVERY year). Let me know when Pau decides to blame Kobe for his leaving the Lakers.

How is he BS though? He doesn't try to hide the fact that he is mean to teammates that don't play well. He doesn't try to hide the fact that he is competitive and can be a dick to teammates. So what is BS exactly?

I wonder, if CP3, Paul Pierce, Russell Westbrook, were in the same position- out injured and their teammates in the midst of losing several games in a row decided to yuck it up for the camera's, act stupid and silly as if they just beat the best team in the league as opposed to realizing it's one win and they need to chill, enjoy the win but chill and realize it's one win not a 5 game winning streak- would the reactions of fans like you be the same or nah, just because it's Kobe then his dislike for their postgame reactions shouldn't be accepted.

EXACTLY. You said it better than I could've.

#41 ferrari77, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Kobe isnt a true winner because he stuck with the worst team in NBA the Lakers. He could of had a lot more championships if he moved to winning teams like Spurs

3. ferrari77

The Lin fans and the Lin haters, jeez. Isn't there an official thread for Jeremy Lin fans and haters to battle it out???

Seems like too many threads turn into a J-Lin love or hate argument.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lakers did that to themselves, so I don't blame Kobe for taking the money. But, if he's going to hamstring the organization with a bloated salary, not produce because he got injured as expected, and run off fellow star players by being a dick, the least he could do is cut the guys who are there some slack and not pretend like the losses are their fault for not caring enough or being intense enough.

What is BS about him is that he makes out like he's all about winning, he's ultra-competitive, and -- laughably -- that he can teach you how to be a winner if you'll follow his lead. He has a personal ethic about how 'winners' behave and he puts the execution of that ethic above actual winning. He's not willing to accept the humility it would require to actually get the wins -- like play nice with Dwight Howard so he'll sign another contract, or take a reasonable salary so that his team can have ammunition to pick up talent in the marketplace. He's not willing to do those things for the sake of winning; that's why his team is so bad right now.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kobe was shooting .373 this year.

And playing zero defense.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, Dirk did. Dallas is winning.

7. stab

stab Member

Worlds most expensive cheerleader.....minus the cheer

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm the hardest 41 yr old you know Brodie. Watch your mouth or temecula RT <a href="https://twitter.com/DeanTheMadKing">@DeanTheMadKing</a>: **** you YOU WASHED UP FRAIL ASS b****!!!</p>&mdash; Steve Nash (@SteveNash) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveNash/status/570323161125941248">February 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And the "leader"

10. Carl Herrera

Surprise, mother****er!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Byron said he was very angry w/ how some Lakers celebrated OT win over Celtics. Said it lacked class. Showed them video to drive home point.</p>&mdash; Baxter Holmes (@BaxterHolmes) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/570327434404323328">February 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Byron Scott none too pleased with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lakers?src=hash">#Lakers</a> postgame antics <a href="https://twitter.com/InsideSoCalSpts">@InsideSoCalSpts</a> <a href="http://t.co/LmbTmj39kx">http://t.co/LmbTmj39kx</a></p>&mdash; phil collin (@philcollin1) <a href="https://twitter.com/philcollin1/status/570331198947373056">February 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

#50 Carl Herrera, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The franchise is a joke

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Did Kobe give Byron Scott a lecture? LOL. Did BS get in trouble from Papa Kirby?

Deep inside, Byron Scott didn't want to win. He wants to lose every game if that was possible. No wonder he wasn't in a celebratory mood. What a buzz kill, that guy. The players just want to play ball and play to win, even if they suck and lose most of the time. Getting a win after losing so much, its human nature to be in a good spirits. Byron Scott is just trying to kill the mood and extinguish any momentum, so the players will get back to losing the next game.

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

His reaction is funny. I think he was embarrassed by them.

14. ferrari77

So questions-
    Does Dirk have an agent? Has Dirk ever cared about receiving what he actually deserves to earn salary wise(unlike 95-98% of NBA players)?
    Does Dirk's team have an NBA coach that is legitimately one of the 3 best in the league?
    Did Dirk taking a reduced salary impact the Mavericks signing/retaining their coaching staff?

Having the players is only one thing. The two teams with superstars that took reduced salaries(Dirk and Timmy D) also both have two of the three best coaches currently in the game. That has to count for something.

15. ferrari77

What fellow star players did he run off by being a dick-which in turn is currently hampering the organization? Has to be Dwight right, not Nash.
    How much of an impact would Dwight actually have on that team right now with Kobe being injured. Let's be real it'd make little if any difference. Plus they had $hit coaching when Dwight was there and they still have $hit for coaching. The team is crap, the coaching is crap, Kobe was playing like crap. They were and still all are crap.

I absolutely hear and understand what you mean about taking a reasonable salary so the team can have ammunition to pickup better talent and If I were in his position I might have done as you said but on the other end, perhaps he had no faith in the team to actually pickup better talent on the marketplace and thus signed the deal on offer? We don't know what was on offer but I want to believe an organization like the Lakers would've offered him a wink-wink deal similar to what most believe occurred with the Mavs and Dirk and that a player like Kobe that says he is all about winning and has showed throughout his career w/regard to his work habits (not necessarily attitude) would accept such a deal.

I wonder if any reporters ever asked him if he gave thought to taking a reduced salary so the Lakers could put better pieces around him, and what his response was. If anyone can find any article/intvw with that info, that'd be much appreciated.

16. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Is this not a franchise that drops streamers after every home victory?

17. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm surprised no one made a thread about Kobe saying that he would pick Harden as the one NBA player he would start a team with.

18. Carl Herrera

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8qm0ESQj4s4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Vienna Calling

I'm by no means a Kobe fan. Frankly, I don't like him and I believe he's overrated. Ever since that 2002 WCF Game 6 I hate everything that is related to the Lakers (and I love how Phil Jackson is EMBARASSING himself these days in New York).

But I'm with Kobe (and Byron Scott) on this one. That celebration by Lin, Hill and Young is downright pathetic. Enjoying a win is one thing but celebrating like you just clinched the playoffs when you are playing one of the worst seasons in franchise history is a disgrace. If I were a Lakers fan and I would see them celebrate like this I would be pissed off big time.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Though Byron "took" the nets to 2 straight finals - the way he clashed with Kidd and then later with Baron Davis in Charlotte/NO made it clear he really isnt a coach that will win over players with his style. In LA he has become an even worse coach - completely catering to Kobe and putting accountability on all the other players. While its not nearly as bad as Brian Shaw in Denver - Scott's coaching tenure so far with the Lakers is probably the worst in franchise history outside of Magic Johnson. Its not even about the lack of talent on that team - you can just tell they are all out of sync with their coaching staff and among each other. Would be shocked to see him remain the coach once Kobe retires.