1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is so overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

So much lol in this post. I always love the posters who out themsleves as not knowing what the context of the moves being made are. Morey is not perfect, no GM is. I like how you attributed everything good he has done as luck, and then use hindsight to blame Morey for everything.

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You can make anyone look s**tty at their job if you only list their mistakes. Watch:

RC Buford should be fired, he's brought the Spurs nothing but ruin. He traded away Luis Scola for a guy who never played another NBA game! He paid Richard Jefferson over $30 million to be a below-average starter on teams that never made the finals! He gave up assets to get Austin Daye, who averaged 4 points per game and played in just one playoff game before being waived! He passed on Hassan Whiteside for James Anderson! Now what if Tim Duncan gets hurt in the playoffs? They'll be relying on Aron Baynes to guard the great scoring big men in the West! They could have had Whiteside! Fire this incompetent hack!

2 people like this.
  3. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

So much stupid

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

So you're telling me Prigioni and Terry play better defense than Canaan?:eek:

And I don't understand the narrative of "Canaan plays terrible defense". From I've seen, he plays pretty good defense. Not great, but certainly better than Prigioni and Terry.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We should have not done every move that turned out bad, but still done all the moves that turned out great.

So easy.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm not going to hate on Murray for trading away a 3rd string point guard... But man I do think he's hurt how players view our organization.

We really show no loyalty to anyone who isn't an MVP candidate.

8. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Can we stop it with the nonsensical and delusional threads. Yall are better than this

9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

You gotta love the people who dont understand process vs results.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should have watched him more, he's absolutely awful defensively....even when he was in the D league matched up against other D league caliber talent. Terry and Prigioni aren't good, but yeah, they're better than Canaan. He brings nothing to the table other than 3 point shooting that runs hot and cold.

11. LandryMegaBeast

lol OP has 4 post on the site.. every one of them are complaining about morey...

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Which team shows loyalty to a 3rd string PG? Or anyone that isnt part of their core group? Straw man argument.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I imagine its Francisco Garcia.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he never had a fifth post I wouldn't consider that a bad thing.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm not taking about Canaan. I'm talking about our team in general. Harden is the only player still on the roster that was there his first day.

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

And why hasn't he signed Lebron or KD yet? I mean Durant could surely be had for cheap since he's having durability problems. AD too. :mad::mad::mad:Murry!

17. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

And? Thats teams do that havent wont anything, they make moves. Is that a foreing thing for you? Is it so wrong to trade players who arent stars in an attempt to get better? Are we the only team that operates this way?

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't think there's a team that's had the overhaul we've had. Aaron Brooks took less money to stay in Houston. We traded him. Garcia the same thing (well had to cut him because he wouldn't sign off on a trade).

I believe Dragic chose Miami as a destination, and not Houston, because he felt he felt he would just be flipped once a prettier girl was available to Morley.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

additionally, the teams they have been winning do show loyalty to SOME players. The Spurs have kept a ton of players over the years that weren't stars, same with Miami.

20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Wow, i didnt realize we were the only team that trades away fringe rotation players. We are a horrible franchise.