1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All You Need To Know About K.J. McDaniels And Pablo Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2016Champions, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Convictedstupid

Partially non guaranteed.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so, a placeholder for Lull.

3. Fantasma Negro

That's exactly what I was thinking. Very identical styles of play on both ends of the floor, Andrea is easily a better shooter though

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

And a better ball handler and a much better passer. Iguodala can play the point on offense in a pinch, KJ can't -- though he can play defense at the 1.

Still, I have high hopes for KJ. I think he could be a major part of the team in a couple years.

I feel about the Rockets acquiring him the same way I felt about the Spurs getting Kawhi on that draft night: "Oh, you just f***ed up NBA".

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I still don't see how these trades address the needs the team has. Remember, Dorsey is our center. How do you think that is going to work out? It seems like our our Western competitors got shiny new PG's under the tree and we got undersized "potential" and "almost retired."

6. blackistan

blackistan Member

Am I the only one that feels like we are focusing too much on getting defensive minded players I mean the only guys on our team that can create their own shot are Harden and D-mo. I know there aren't too many two way players out there but I feel like that is the only way we are going to get over the hump in the west. All we have are mostly jumpshooters who need shots created for them ala Ariza, Brewer, Beverley etc. OKC definitely upgraded their team we still dont have a backup center I'm not feeling good about the playoffs for sure.

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

There were so many good to decent pgs moved yesterday yet we didnt get one on our team. Every legit team in the west has a great pg and we're still stuck with Beverley. Seems like all Houston teams need a passer.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sure we do, he's just starting at PF.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

My first thought too, but then look at the context. They were down 23. Must have been a frustration block.

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He is our starting C FOR NOW. Howard is ahead of sched and will be back. I don't think Morey wanted to blow up the roster and lose valuable rotation players just to get a temporary C.

With Daniels in the fold, we now have 4 guys we can use on good perimeter players to slow them down. That is going to be huge come playoff time.

So let's just see how this "potential" and "almost retired" players fit in with what we already have before passing judgement. If we had that "almost retired" player last year I bet he doesn't make boneheaded plays at the end and lose us the game with a dumb TO.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm very high on the Prigioni pickup. I think people are sleeping on him hard. By the end of the season it wouldn't shock me to see him eating into Bev's minutes big time.

Sniper from 3, smart, knows his role, controls the ball, etc. I think McHale is going to love him and we desperately need a knockdown 3 point shooter on the floor.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

I usually don't give much hope for most 1st/2nd year guys we get but I'm actually excited about KJ. It seems like he could pan out to be a replacement for Ariza/Brewer in the future and the money we would pay those two could go for other players.

Prigioni fills in the role of being a spot up PG next to Harden. I don't like Prigioni but since he's on the Rockets I'll give him a chance. If Prigioni can hit his 3 pointers, he would be a huge help to us.

13. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Too bad they won't get to play. We were unable to trade our coach so those guys (as far as playing time goes) are screwed.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm pretty sure Prigioni will get playing time. KJ on the other hand may rarely see playing time since we have Ariza/Brewer.

15. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Once we are fully healthy, these trades will make more sense. Once D12 is back, Dorsey wont touch the floor.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

His career 3 point % of .414 means nothing when he makes less than a one 3 a game.

Talk about sample size LOL

17. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Prig is an old school savvy PG who can drain the 3. If he comes off the bench for Bev he can keep the ball moving fairly well unlike Terry who isn't a true PG. I think the Rockets did a great job here especially adding KJ who could see solid minutes if heaven forbid we see any more injuries.

18. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Even now when Jones gets his legs back, I can see Dorseys minutes dropping. I dont see why the need to upgrade our 3rd Center really. (Dwight,Dmo,Dorsey). The rotation of Dmo,Jones and Smith should hold the fort down considerably. And if Dorsey gets a dunk every now and then its gravy.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

KJ's shooting mechanics look good. I see no reason why this kid can't be a 36-37%+ three point shooter soon.

20. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Also Pablo is from Argentina he is from the scola manu delfino generation that are all champions either in Europe or the Olympics. You know what is going to be expected from him as soon as he checks into the game a 110% effort and high IQ. Isn't going to ever take plays off and is going to do the little things also. Great teammate and is going to be easily coachable. I trust Morey isn't giving up picks for trash. I know Pablo will be a crowd favorite really soon. And KJs comparison to Iggy is dead on. Great moves by the rockets!!