1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

More like schved and a second rounder. Send the Russian to the Russian.

2. baubo

baubo Member

Huh? Morey has been willing to all-in his whole tenure. Allin with gasol, with Harden, with Dwight, with Melo, with Bosh. The only player he failed to all-in with is Parsons. I'll leave you to think as to why that is.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Dragic was traded to the Rockets and the Rockets went on to a long playoff run or even a championship, wouldn't he be the laughing stock of the league if he bolted to a scrub team like the Lakers or Knicks afterwards?

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I agree, but they should give up Jack just for Terry straight up without the pick because it saves them money and Jack shouldn't be in their plans long term or to sell the team.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Woogity woogity woogity

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source says Miami offering two future 1st round picks for Dragic....but as of now, Sarver still being stubborn</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/568433500673548288">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And as others have noted, Suns owner Robert Sarver is not a happy camper. Remains to be seen what part that plays - <a href="http://t.co/hFh4QMiO5a">http://t.co/hFh4QMiO5a</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/568433722510299136">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We can want to believe that, but Woj and Amick are about the two best reporters in sports in terms of reliability, and they are both in lockstep that this is Dragic. He doesn't care about the fifth year and he says he won't stay in Houston.

I know everyone points to Dwight to try to say that doesn't end up being true, but keep in mind that Dwight torpedoed himself to avoid a trade to Houston. He only ended up here because he had no way to get to Brooklyn and because he found out that he hated playing with Kobe. Dragic won't have that happen. He'll hit free agency believing that LA or NY are where he wants to be.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Exactly. We should be in win now mode.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm cool with trading for Dragic without a guarantee but Houstonians know what can happen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

The thing is, it's not even a flat out rental. It's just the risk of becoming a rental. I do it in a heartbeat as long as D-Mo is not involved (and the other untouchables are pretty obvious of course).

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

They have to say that stuff because they both get their info straight from the agency. This is about as clear cut as they come.

13. rocketseagles07

Thats my stance as well. Yea it's not an LA type of market. But he'll be involved in a "big 3", and I think he'll see that Harden will make his life easier and keep him involved even when the ball isn't in his hands. If we make it to the WCF I can't see him not re-signing. Plus the team gets alone pretty well as is

14. justtxyank

I didn't realize Miami even had two first round picks they could trade.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think we can/will beat that offer, if true and depending on protections.

16. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

This is who I've felt he'll go to for the last 24ish hours.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

If Miami are willing to give up that much then onto Taj Gibson

18. malakas

malakas Member

TWO????? they already own this years and its not sure it will be converted because there are like 5 teams fighting for the last spot! wtf...they are selling the pick of year 2025? or what

19. justtxyank

Amick has a direct line with Morey and has been Morey's go to guy for breaking Rockets news, leaking Rockets news and Rockets puff pieces.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

All in and will never win a ship with that squad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.