1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If Dragic is a rental, I wouldn't even give Jones to the Suns, let alone D-Mo. They better get scraps from us or nothing at all later.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Phoenix would be absolute fools to keep him. There is no good will left between Dragic and the Suns FO.

At this point, standing pat will cost them team chemistry (don't forget, IT isn't happy in his role either) and possible playoff berth.

Rox are the front runner simply because Morey has got cajones.

In this war of attrition, the Suns will accept defeat soon enough.

3. malakas

malakas Member

omg If the Suns owner doesn't get completely pissed off I await Dragic to be a Rocket in the next hours. And for minimal assets. Do it Morrey.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why not? What do we really lose if he walks? Most likely Jones and a mid-1st rounder... We've gotten to where we are this year largely without Jones anyway. So we start next year with essentially the same personnel we have now.

Dragic is well worth the risk. We dare him to walk away after a potential title run and a possible max offer.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Still waiting for Cyber bomb.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If Cyberx is true about Morey staying flexible for Durant then the following are likely true:

-Renting Dragic is an option, trading for Dragic and signing to a Lawson type deal is an option, but signing Dragic to a max deal is not an option as it removes our cap space for Durant.
    -Knight makes sense if you can sign him to a Lawson type deal, especially if Henson comes with him. Its a nice short term/long term balance.
    -Even Dwill makes sense, if he comes with Plumlee, if he were to waive his player option on his contract. Plumlee is really good and even if Dwill isn't a star anymore, he fills a need and could have a resurgance when back on a relevant team.
    -Lawson still makes the most sense.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

People need to stop with the sky is falling posts....if Morey doesn't make a MAJOR deal, its not from a lack of trying. We have the most active GM on the planet and some of you continue to complain like little children. Grow up!

On a personal note.....I don't care how others feel about him, but I love Deron Williams game. He's not elite anymore, but I would take him as he is now! I've been praying, wishing and hoping to hear Brooklyn Buyout his contract and he signs with us for the vet min. Perfect PG that distributes, scores, smart and demands attention at all times.....at a major discount. A man can dream can he?

2 people like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol Phoenix's front office is starting to look like the cubicle from Workaholics.

9. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

I know its been said that Dragic's agent want to brand him in a big market. I feel like Harden has been pretty successful branding himself here in Houston. Is Harden an exception, is it hard to brand yourself in Houston? What makes Houston NOT a big market when it's the 4th largest city in the US?

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

With the way this is going, maybe the Rockets can keep DMo and Jones and only give up Papa and Shved (expiring) and the NOP 1st (real prize).

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I just don't get some teams thinking. They have no shot at the playoffs and a very low chance at a high draft pick. How do they plan on getting better? Your team is 13 games below .500 but you think you have a lot of talent that demands high value in return?

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I would be terribly surprised if Dragic didn't re-sign with us if we made a playoff run. Get him here and we'll win him over. This is not a Dwight in LA in 2012-13 situation.

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

He is flexible for Durant, but he isnt going to sacrifice a championship run this year.

14. malakas

malakas Member

The amount is still too much to just waive and Dwill is not the ring chase type. He is the money chaser type. Otherwise he would have stayed in Utah with Sloan and not be a little b!tch and the diva he is.

15. Airdough

Airdough Member

The ultimate showdown between Amel and DocRocket or any other Insider willing to enter the ring. All the Action and Thrills, right here on Clutchfans!

#StayTuned

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Dragic to Heat??????

17. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

agreed.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't know, his attitude has just zapped the excitement for me. Do I still think we need someone w/his skill set? Absolutely. But the thrill is gone. *shrug*

19. malakas

malakas Member

CYBER!!YEAH!
    So rent Dragic for a year with minimal assets?! Go Morrey!

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Brooklyn, OKC could have traction on Brook Lopez talks again -- if Nets believe they can convince Reggie Jackson to sign extension.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568431265940185090">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.