1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Clutch Community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This being a message board doesn't change the fact that no user should derail threads or write offensive posts again and again. This is Clutch's board and he's dependent on posters like us that generate revenue. I'm sure many people got really tired of many of Swoly's Hangout posts and it drags down the involved threads and overall quality of this place.

If the mods stopped banning all the posters that continously messed up threads, Clutchfans would be a big, unreadable mess.

1 person likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ironic.....

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

exactly, congrats you were the first one

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah he got banned for being annoying as hell after years and years of being annoying as hell.

He can still post in other parts of the message board.

Fren....pls....rlx

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Welcome SwoLy-D to the D&D and Unsorted forums...I guess?

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I run my own forums. I've seen how people can screw up a message board with out outwardly breaking any rules. I know what he's dealing with. What the hells your problem anyway. Taking up for your boyfriend that got banned?

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Roc sorry to hear about your son. Some women can be so cold blooded. Keep your head up and hope for the best.

One day.. Hopefully, your son will want to reconnect with his real father.

Swoly can't read this but what a douche that guy is. I'm convinced something is wrong with that guy. Some OCD type ****. He needs an intervention and I can't imagine what he is like in real life. He can't have any friends.. Can he?!

1 person likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He looks like a pretty normal, friendly guy in the few pictures I have seen (and I'm pretty sure he can read this).

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - it takes a lot to get banned by Clutch, he is a very patient fellow - trust me, I know.

And am not surprised, you can't blame the internet here for jackassery, people still have to type it in, this is a community - and what you say or type matters.

DD

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I met him and he was a nice guy. I've shied away from responding to him on the BBS because it is hard for me to reconcile the person I met with the person on the BBS.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Does he look like Emilio Estevez OR Charlie Sheen...:confused:...:grin:

12. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

There's a huge line that got erased somewhere along the way between "not taking stuff on the internet seriously" and "license to be a ****head".

On multiple boards, where the norm is certainly not to ever even reveal your identity, I've (at least after the age of 15) been using my name or a variation of my name as my username. Part of it is maybe that I lacked the creativity to come up with something cool I'd want to use "forever", but I've always tended to gravitate towards more moderated/less youtube-y discussions.

The funny internet guy has its time and place, and very few can pull it off well, and consistently. Unfortunately, there are 1000x others who believe they're just as funny, and when the jokes don't work, they go a different direction, or the escalate the jokes, until they get the attention they want. And once they get a laugh out of it, they'll keep doing to again until they get another. At some point, all they get is a reaction. Good, bad, it doesn't matter. You made someone do something they weren't going to originally do.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cxRguzJHi0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe I DO take the internet too seriously.

But not in the "get upset at every little thing" sort of way.

More in the sense that, I take the internet as an extension of my every day life. For instance, just as I ignore and do away with people who tend to make my life less enjoyable on a day to day basis in real life, I tend to do the same on the internet. I feel like this isn't how most people use the internet. I can't imagine there is very much I wouldn't say in real life that I'd say online. Sure, I'll say some dumb **** some times, and I may "YELL" on the internet... but usually because I've probably yelled at my team, or some idiot on the road about the same incident.

As with most stuff I usually write, I usually have no beginning and end, (and rarely much of a middle), but I just hate the phrase "don't take the internet so seriously" because it's a flawed mindset in my opinion.

That's all.

We return to your previously scheduled thread already in progress.

2 people like this.
  13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I always pictured swoly to look like this...

[​IMG]

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think that's actually a picture of JR.

1 person likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I would like to thank everyone who has responded with advice/kind words. Like I said before, it has been something I wouldn't what my worst enemy to go through...if I had any. The very worst thing is the "not" knowing part.
    My beautiful wife (Roc Rouge) lost her mother to cancer, and she has had to deal with that situation for several years now. She has been my Roc through all of this, and I don't know what I would do without her.
    We once got into an argument about this, and I told at least you know where your mother is and she is in "good hands." I for one lost the most important person in my life, and I don't have a clue as to what is going on with him. That's been the hardest thing I've EVER had to deal with. I thought the pain would would go away with time, but it has gotten worse and now I have major anger issues that I'm dealing with as well. I know once I sit down with an attorney and go over my options...I will be able to start processing everything. I also know it's going to take time and a lot of patience on my part, but I have learned a lot about that the last few years.

Thanks for hearing me out,
    -Roc

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I thought about this right before I made my last post. People can be much different in real life.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Nope, not me, I've always pictured him as...

[​IMG]

Miguel "Bender" Rodriguez....:grin:

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's happening! :cool:

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

It's just a matter of time before he makes an AE.

First one who recognize his AE wins free dances at El Hitmans club!