1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Clutch Community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Feb 3, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Great news to wake up too! RIP Swoly D ;)

Not sure why this isn't a 5 star thread now. Clutch, please make this thread the 5 stars it deserves.

Shall contribute to the tip jar on this auspicious occassion.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The irony of this add at the top of the page is priceless. :eek:

100s of Ladies from Colombia Choose Your Special Girl Now!

Do not click the blue arrow...I repeat do not click the blue arrow if you want to be taken for all that you have.

The add should read... Colombia a place where gold diggers stem from.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Thank you Roc. I couldn't take it anymore

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I met Swoly-D once. He was just a normal dude. Of course, same could be said about Fatty or me in my heydey of online hooliganism. Some people have issues and use online forums as a coping mechanism or social experiment ground for real-world prep.

Swoly just seemed to turn more and more into a contrarian with absolutely no room for the other side. His solutions are primitive. He obviously didn't view it this way, but his posts about mental health, marriage, relationships were downright offensive. Maybe he thought he owed it to himself to keep putting out what he believed, but all that did was make people dismiss him more as a closed-minded crackpot.

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i used to just take him as a condescending prick, someone who thought their **** didn't stink, but yesterday as he tried to argue with me in the houston poll thread i came to realize he is probably acting out issues that he is dealing with or don't won't to face

with that being said: roc paint, you're efforts are truly appreciated and admired, what you're going through is horrible and i hope you find the strength to triumph through it, i don't quite understand why someone would want to derail a thread like this into what it turned into, but in that effort i think it gave you the platform to vent

1 person likes this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He did say in another thread that his wife only gives it to him once a year.

I think that could be a huge part of the problem.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

After reflecting....

There is a difference between feeling relieved, and being happy about someone else's misfortune, even if they had it coming! I know SwoLy coming after me about prayer is what eventually broke the camels back yesterday. Whether you pray or not is not the point, it was obvious that he was trolling me, and a LOT of people have been trolled by him before and saw an opportunity to put him in his place! Another thread got derailed by him, and Clutch had no other alternative but to do what he had to do! Regardless, I DO feel sorry for him, he has major issues that are completely oblivious to him! I hope he's able resolve those issues, and Clutch someday let's him rejoin the group! I'm not saying he deserves a second chance, but if I was him, I would hope that I would receive one.

Stay Classy Hous-Diego!

Okay, you can light the fire now...:(

1 person likes this.
  9. NateNate

NateNate Member

Finally, everyone can now return to Katy!! The evacuation is over.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I met him during All Star weekend in Houston, he reminded me of a skinny, older Eddie Guerrero.

After reading up on this entire thread I find it hilarious, yet sad that a huge troll such as yourself was complaining about Swoly. You post the same crap in every single NFL/football related thread, yet you were quick to pile on Swoly for derailing threads just like you do. If Clutch can ban the other Miguel from the Hangout, we should also ask him to ban you from the football sub-forums.

2 people like this.
  11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Wrong. Folks are holier than thou to think they don't make mistakes, especially in times of pain, like the OP did in blaming a group of people for one person's actions. Like, oh I don't know, disliking all the Dallas Mavericks because you dislike one or a few in particular. Not a great analogy, but you get the point.

Notice I never mentioned him making a prejudice comment, or brought race, creed, color, etc. I purposely said he made a mistake, as we all do. You brought that back in, and you are stuck on that.

I think a little acceptance of person's in his situation is just fine. Now if you start seeing signs that he's going to act on this one comment made in a time of pain, then raise a stink. But this...come on...

12. Falcons Talon

What was it you were so upset about again? LOL. Hypocrite

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Mikol certainly deserves it, Roc Paint. You need to stay strong yourself. Years ago, the wife an old friend of mine left him for another guy, a friend (some friend!), and moved to the upper Midwest, taking their very young daughter with her. My buddy's reaction? He hit the bottle, hard. It ruined his life. Lost his job as an executive at a company we worked for at the time. Heck, lost his driving privileges and spent some months in jail due to DWI's, but managed not to kill himself or someone else, thank goodness. So hang in there, get some good legal help, and may the very best luck come your way.

What amuses me about "The SwoLy Situation" is that no one ever said the obvious... wrong forum!

1 person likes this.
  14. the shark

the shark Member

Roc Paint my heart goes out to you as I can only imagine how tough this has been for you. My heart also goes out to your son, because in the big picture he's the one that's losing out in this situation (he doesn't have his dad).

As others have said, continue to write him, and make copies of everything that you send him (showing the date or a picture of the gifts you send him) so that one day you'll be able to show him how much you tried to stay in contact with him and that it was his mother (who had her own agenda rather than looking out for her sons interest) that kept you from being able to do this. If it plays out this way.

Keep the faith and continue to pray that the situation will change. A good friend of mine went through a bad divorce a few yrs ago, and his ex turned his two boys against him by bad mouthing him every chance she got. His two boys wanted NOTHING to do with him. As you can imagine it crushed my friend. It looked like a helpless cause. Things are now starting to change, and they are slowly but surely opening back up to him. Returning his calls, etc.

So a bleak situation can and WILL change.

Hang in there and I commend you for sharing your situation on this board. There are a lot of people on here who truly do care about your situation, and are more than willing to pass along some insight or to just offer you encouragement. The negative people (which there will always be) just ignore them.

Here's to you and your son being reunited in the VERY near future.

2 people like this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Swoly get's banned for Swolying and immediately everyone starts speculating and analyzing his personal issues?!?!? WTF!!! If you're gonna talk **** about someone do it to their face (figuratively).

btw..., the ban is stupid. it's a internet sports message board. if easily offended or provoked you should probably stay off the internet. who takes this **** seriously?

on a serious note, if you have a personal issue and can't handle the internet maybe you should see a professional for help or try talking to real people with your voice to get stuff off your chest. and no, talking on your mobile device isn't sufficient. real talk with a real person and some eye contact.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

FYI, I was banned from the Texans forum almost two years back. And I am very glad it doesn't appear on my clutchfans homepage. Not a single F is given about a fake tough guy non athletic sport like eggball. (and I'm not going to say more about eggball since I have already received some infractions).

17. Falcons Talon

I'm pretty sure Clutch takes the board seriously. We're all just guests here in Clutch's forum. Follow his rules or get banned. It's really that simple. Like you said, it's an internet message board. If you can't accept the way he runs it, you should probably stay off the website.

1 person likes this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

oh okay thanks. btw... you got something brown on your nose, you might want to clean that up.

also since you speak for clutch now, should we all go to you if we have any questions?

19. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Good riddance, SLowly

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clutch takes the BBS, his creation, very seriously. Good post. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention. If the guy wasn't so amazingly busy (I don't know how he does what he does and has time for his family. Heck, I get the occasional "You're STILL on that site? Dinner's been ready for 20 minutes!" jab from my significant other and I've been here over a decade (and I cook more often than she does, dammit - cut me some slack!). You'd think she'd be used to it by now. Clutch's wife must be something else. He's a lucky man.