1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Injury] James Harden goes down holding his left knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Jan 31, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thank goodness, he is ok. Sit him out for the rest of the game.

2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

he's old and senile. i'm pretty sure it was his left knee, and not the right knee that he injured.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

First, I'm not an "armchair" med. personnel, I'm 2 years away from receiving my M.D (not saying you should take what I said because of that, what I said was extremely fundamental). Second, of course Harden wants to play...he's a winner. That means you put his style of play, where this team is (no dwight more defensive pressure) into context and weigh whether that is worth the risk of him injuring himself worse. His play the last two nights has shown that he has been injured to the point where the leading scorer/MVP looks like an average role player.

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Some people on here need to consult the appropriate doctor or psychiatrist to prescribe drugs for their emotional outbursts.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Thank you Lord.

6. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Thank God!

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Agreed...I DON'T think its worth the risk. Rest the man a couple of games. We lose a couple...then so be it.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If the Doctor says he can play, and he wants to play, then what's wrong with him playing?

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like he caught the defender's knee on the way up. More noticeable from the baseline angle.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, how long have you been a Rockets fan? Here's why we're so freaked out when we see a player go down like that:

Ralph Sampson
    Yao Ming
    Tracy McGrady
    Dwight Howard

1 person likes this.
  12. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

LOL. For someone in the field to actually diagnose an issue and recommend a treatment course without any first hand knowledge is extremely irresponsible. I hope they teach you that in the next 2 years before you are hated by every doctor in your hospital/clinic/office. I learnt that in Anat/Phys as an undergrad.

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Looks like he bumped knees In the replay.
    That shizz hurts like a motha#%€<•¥.
    I'd have him sit out just to be safe

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because we're down 16 in the 2nd half. We were already playing like sh-t when he was in the game. And there are some tough opponents coming up between now and the All-Star Break.

Just take the loss and move on to the next one. We may not even slip in the standings if the Spurs beat the Clippers and Bucks beat the Blazers.

15. SemisolidSnake

Ugh. I hate to say it, but this just seemed inevitable. When you're relying on a guy to score 30-40 points a game, he's eventually going to have something happen. It's either just going to be too much of an inherent strain, he's going to push himself too far, or teams are just going to grind him into the ground on defense.

All hopes and prayers that it's not anything major. For God's sake, if it is, don't come back before it's healed, James. Or Dwight. No need for potentially ruined careers here by coming back early when we still have plenty of other work to do as a team to be championship caliber.

We'll see now if this team can hold its own without its two star players. It's gut check time for the Rockets and their coach. If they can do it, then they'll be a better team for when Dwight and Harden get back. If they can't, then we have a serious issue when it comes to the depth of our team. Or the coaching. Or likely both.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Do you have comprehension issues? When did I diagnose anything? I said the rockets should rest an injured player. Common sense is allergic to some it seems. Its more of a risk/benefit evaluation.

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

We don't play until next Wednesday. I trust the judgement of the Doctor and the judgement of Harden to make the proper decision. Sometimes a fairly minor bump can hurt a lot for a short period of time. That's probably what happened. Not a big deal.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I hadn't noticed Harden has the kinesio tape in his back too...has that been there? Anyone seen the complete pattern?

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

papa knick a lay o needs to stay on his feet

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Two years away from receiving your md means you are an arm chair medical person.