1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] "Ghostbusters" Reboot - All female cast

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dback816, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Need to change your password. Your wife keeps logging in as you.

4 people like this.
  2. hooroo

hooroo Member

the cartoons were better than the movies. i would have gone that direction instead of simply gender swapping the original movies. that is go with the cartoon series stories/feel and with the all female cast too.

3. what

what Member

lol, truly great logic. I get it.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Fantastic is a strong statement because a lot of factors deter from being fantastic like:

1. marketing- Clearly Sony is not aiming towards young boys so is the target audience Lesbians from Nebraska?

2. rating system- Is this PG or going to get a full R????

3. Proton Pack is heavy.

4. Who is the audience again?

5. Do women go to the movies alone? Hell no, they will drag their boyfriend/husband but the majority of their male counterparts will protest against their childhood favorites.

6. What kind of people will this movie attract? Creepy uncles like myself who goes to the top of the row with a trench coat and masturbate to young adult novel movies.

Me personally any movie that has hot chicks that are funny is a good sign for me. You can bet I will masturbate to this movie a lot!

5. VanityHalfBlack

They're going to need more than a proton pack to zap up all the Slimer spillage on the floor at the movie theater if you know what I mean ;)

6. VanityHalfBlack

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Ban Hammer! How old are you? Let's see, you registered in 2007 so you must be....7 or 8?I hope you are just trolling and I am surprised everyone else ignored you in this thread. Bill Murray is in some of the greatest comedies of all time as well as some dramas like Lost in Translation.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Do you know what the casting of these fine ladies tell me? That men aren't funny anymore, ouch! The fact that they couldn't get 4 lame ass male actors to reboot a Ghostbusters movies, this is going to put a dent on the male species. We have failed you guys. Women rule the earth now!

9. VanityHalfBlack

I can't name one funny male cast member on SNL for at least 15 yrs now, lol.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is just the epitome of the ridiculous statements people make about SNL. If you haven't found a single male cast member since 1999, you haven't watched SNL since 1999.

11. VanityHalfBlack

That is true, now that the marathon is going on right now on VH1, I can finally catch up with it. I do like Samburg,Armisen and all those other guys that were on before this season.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not great, just pretty straightforward. No one's swinging for the fences here.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bill Hader.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This. Not feeling this at all. Ghostbusters was a classic film about 4 goofy guys chasing ghosts and doing stupid guy tricks. Making them women completely changes the dynamic and makes this a totally different movie. This is as bad a movie idea as the one floated in The Player about a sequel to The Graduate that takes place 20 years later. In it, Mrs. Robinson is wheelchair bound and lives with Ben & Elaine in the attic where she can hear them having sex. Riiight. I mean, what's next? An all-female casting of Caddyshack?.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Maybe if they make some of the ghosts Channing Tatum and Mathew Mcconaughey in chippendale outfits they will come out in mass.

16. VanityHalfBlack

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bill Murray to appear in new 2016 'Ghostbusters'
    <a href="http://t.co/9kq89xE77I">http://t.co/9kq89xE77I</a> <a href="http://t.co/GxWq5XlC5E">pic.twitter.com/GxWq5XlC5E</a></p>&mdash; KHOU 11 News Houston (@KHOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/KHOU/status/630499195691118592">August 9, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w3ugHP-yZXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

YAY!!!, the whole movie plot in a trailer again!!!!

Will watch though, McCarthy was really good/funny in Spy and this sort of reminded me of that. Good role for her which is hard to find.