1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Harden is MVP at this point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Jan 28, 2015.

1. JazzLakerHater

I'll be honest, my animosity towards Parsons has died down considerably over the last couple of months. Sure, some of the stuff he said made him sound like a dick, but I think I've grown to appreciate Parsons especially after watching Ariza shoot up bricks for months now lol. I'm just indifferent towards him now and I wish him well except against the Rockets.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I hope Ariza/Brewer retire as Rockets!

Ariza/Brewer >>> Parsons

GO ROCKETS!!!

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Your appreciation for Ariza will spike in the Playoffs. When people like Ariza's true skills come to the front.

He is going to be an absolute hound dog on the defensive end in the Playoffs. I'm licking my licks in anticipation.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this I can't argue with.

Love me some Brewer.

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

yo parsons you're an ok guy but you should have learned more defense on team usa

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The interview in that video is such BS

7. krouchchocolate

+1. Give curry a broken down team and see how he does.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That guy is such a piece of ****. I hate reading his opinion pieces.

9. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Freaking Amin Elhassan is such a tool. I was just smh the whole time I was listening. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Basically said Klay Thompson was as good as Harden. Don't get me wrong, I know Klay is playing really well right now, but if Klay Thompson is nearly as good as Harden then how would Steph Curry qualify for the MVP if with such a strong supporting cast?

10. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

^^Sorry, wasn't denying that Curry should be in the MVP talks, but the case that Amin made for Curry then goes on to say that Klay Thompson deserves to start in the All-Star game as much as Harden was absurd.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Funny, everyone is like "screw parsons, he sucks" on the Parsons is a Mavs Thread but he says one good thing about Houston and were all like "He'll retire a rocket!" "he so classy" lol

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We're not the team that pays $15 mil/year for a Parsons. We're the team that waits for Parsons to be waived, and then signs him for $2 mil/year.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

This reminds me of when you break up with your GF for some one you believe is better only to realize that your EX was best girl you could get.

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Bev at the end of the game still going at Parsons after time expired... Parsons looked like he was cracking up. Bev-Parsons-Lin were besties. Nice to see the other side of the game. There is the fan side. Then there is the player side. Those guys lived, traveled, bled, worked out and hung out with each other every single day. A new jersey and a few stupid tweets isnt going to change that.

15. MissouriRocket

I have respect for Cuban but he failed but trading for a overratted point guard for bench players.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I'm not. I still say "**** that loser" Said he didn't like his contract and negotiated a better one. Oh really? He was LET OUT OF YOUR CONTRACT EARLY! He likes Dallas better, doesn't mean he has to go and call Houston dirty. He feels he is a star? Well that doesn't mean he should trash the team that believed in him enough to give him a chance to shine in the first place AS WELL AS A first round contract for a 2nd round pick. Last but not least, he left to be a star. Now he is like the 4th or 5th option on the Mavs. GOOD JOB!

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The guy is a phony. An egotistical fake guy. He just talks what he thinks fits well and sucks up when required. Nothing coming from him is genuine or what he truly means.

With that said:

F*** Parsons
    F*** Cuban
    F*** Fegan
    F*** Mavs

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't care what Parsons says. Yes, he complimented Harden, which James deserves, but he knowingly hung the Rockets out to dry with that contract. The guy isn't stupid. When he signed that deal, he had to know Morey wouldn't match, and seemed delighted at the time that he wasn't matched. As someone earlier said, if he wants to play for us at the MLE when his contract expires, then maybe it'll be time to stop booing the chump. Until then? He can suck it, with all respect due.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't care what Parsons thinks. He's not a Rocket anymore, so EFF HIM.

People here seem to get too attached to our role players as they endlessly come and go according to Maury's grand plan.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Parsons had a good game, but I am glad his big mouth was shut after the game. He would be gloating along with Cuban, and the rest of the Mavs, if they had beaten us. His comments about Harden, doesn't change anything as far as I am concerned.