1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Sep 30, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

are you knuckleheads really arguing teddy vs fitzpatrick???

hahaha, this thread has so much trollolol in it!

get a life, losers.

2. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

year end qb rankings by nfl.com

notice where ryan fitzpatrick is, and notice that bridgewater went from unranked to 18

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

4. MystikArkitect

Middle of the pack

18. Teddy Bridgewater (N/A)
    19. Andy Dalton (18)

Bridgewater has been compared to Smith and Dalton, but he showed a higher ceiling with his play down the stretch. He just has the look of a player that will be around for the next decade. ... Dalton's stats were worse this year, but his level of play was the same as ever. He remains the prime meridian of quarterbacks and remains prone to a few meltdowns each season. The Bengals can only hope he avoids one this week.

Next season will be a better barometer for both him, Bortles and Baby Carr. Teddy definitely looked the best of the 3 but the work they put in this off season will go a long way to seeing which one carves out a good NFL career. Early returns trend good on Teddy. Amari Cooper will probably catching balls from one of these guys soon enough.

5. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Bridgewater already looking much better than Andy Dandy

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

/Thread

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why is that the thread? Regardless of his success once getting there, Andy Dalton has gone to the playoffs four years in a row. I think Bridgewater may very well be a great QB in this league, but can we wait until he makes the playoffs and does something there?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Because he isn't a BUST
    Andy isn't a BUST
    It was not a REACH!
    There is a place for TB in this league

That is why all this poopooing on him should be over

Rocket River

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

http://www.vikings.com/news/article...64444137835&campaign=social_20150114_38734117

Teddy Bridgewater’s play in his first pro season earned him selection to the 2014 Pro Football Writers of America’s All-Rookie team, but the quarterback said the “tremendous honor” should be shared with his Vikings teammates.
    “I give all my credit and all of our team credit to the guys in that locker room with me,” Bridgewater said. “They’re a great group of men on this team and they all make each other better whether it’s on the football field or off the football field. Those guys deserve the credit.”
    Bridgewater set a total of 91 franchise records in 2014, including starts (12), wins (six), completion percentage (64.4) and passer rating (85.2) by a rookie.

Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was named by the PFWA as the 2014 Rookie of the Year and 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Year. Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald was named 2014 Defensive Rookie of the Year.
    Bridgewater said the honor also had significance because of the group of guys in the rookie class.
    “Odell Beckham and Jeremy Hill are two guys I was able to establish a relationship with prior to the draft, and even dating back to recruiting days in high school,” Bridgewater said. “I look forward to continue playing amongst those guys.”
    Bridgewater, Beckham, Hill of the Bengals (one of two running backs on the PFWA team), Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans and Bills receiver Sammy Watkins are the finalists for the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year, which will be decided by fan votes that are collected through Jan. 29 (click here to vote for Bridgewater). The winner will be announced at the fourth annual NFL Honors show that will be held in Arizona on the eve of Super Bowl XLIX.
    Bridgewater attended Super Bowl festivities in New York/New Jersey last year in the lead up to the NFL Draft and said he is looking forward to the experience this year.
    In the meantime, however, he’s been appreciating the opportunity to spend some time resting and visiting family, friends, former teachers and classmates in Miami.
    The consolation of being home during the playoffs, he said, has been the home-cooked meals like the one he enjoyed Sunday at his mother’s house.
    “I’d rather be playing this time of year, but just had to watch the games from home,” said Bridgewater, who didn’t have a prediction for the Super Bowl. “I’m just a fan of great football, and during the playoffs is when teams are playing their best, and the games have been pretty exciting so far.”

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

11. Raven

Raven Member

Bridgewater has as many sacks as Clowney. :)

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

bridgewater and clowney aren't connected... it's more like bridgewater and XSF + Nix.

13. Remii

Remii Member

People are already crowning O'Brien as a great coach without making the playoffs and he road the coattails of Romeo and Foster so what's the difference....???

It's a big portion of Texans fans who wanted Teddy so this thread will live on for a long time. But with the lack of respect that Houston gave/gives to Moon.... Going to Minnesota (with Norv Turner) may have been the best thing for him.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you're babbling now...

perhaps the "lack of respect houston gave to moon" had to do with him beating his wife.

15. Remii

Remii Member

And you're just bumping your gums spitting out uninformed information... It's even on record that she admitted that she attacked him and he was trying to keep her off him. That chick is wild. She was even arrested a few years back for having sex at the rodeo... Google it.

But thanks for proving my point.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i've known the moon's since the 90's, but thanks for your input.

we all hope warren offers more time to his newest son, than his children of the past.

17. Buck Turgidson

You post like a ****ing moron. You may in fact be a ****ing moron, I don't know therefore I cannot say, but you sure post like one.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Uhh, Moon didn't beat his wife - I believe it was the other way around. The story I heard was that Moon had a woman on the side (ala Arian "BabyDaddy" Foster) and he bought said woman a BMW. Wellll, the BMW dealership screwed up thinking it was for Felicia Moon so they delivered it to the Moon residence. You can guess what transpired next: A "confrontation" occurred between Warren & Felicia; A car chase ensued and physical violence broke out. Most unprofessional if I may say so...

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"Prosecutors charged Moon with scratching, hitting and choking Felicia and tried him for spousal abuse in 1996. A jury acquitted him of the charges."

Moon's wife said the injuries were the result of him trying to restrain her.