1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently not all Lin fans like to challenge clutch when he posts less than stellar results from lin's game against the rockets.

They prefer to divert the topic to other posters who want to talk about lin.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

A whole hell of a lot of them are if Facebook is any indication.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't blame Clutch.
    LOFs threatened to sue him at one point and constantly berate him over social media and declare him to be a racist.

They deserve every ounce of this.

4. kanariya

kanariya Member

It's funny that you spent half of your vacation on the Lin thread. :rolleyes:

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Absolutely.

Clutch was generous in that he let them vent out all that unwarranted anger on his own site. They came to his Houston Rockets website, which has a long history of being one of the best sports site online, and tried to bully him. This site existed long before Jeremy Lin was turning the ball over on his playground. This site will exist long after Lin will soon be turning it over on his playground once again. They thought this site would die once they all left because they were generating all the traffic and giving him all the hits *laugh*.

In the end, bottom line is this....

Based on how things have turned out in LA, Clutch was right. They were wrong.

I am going to post an amusing piece written by a Lin site owner himself which should show you guys how out of touch of reality these guys really are....

#6405 Zboy, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Told you guys this nerd is obsessed with Lin rofl. Zboy you are such an active member of Lakersground and these 'Lin sites' that only LOFs read, wgat are you doing on a Rockets forum?

Spends vacation time on Lin thread and Lin articles... I wouldnt like to be your dad who paid for all this

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Supreme level posters like you and me support clutch against these fans.

lower tier level members like mig0s turn the other cheek when our boss gets attacked.

Dback and mig0s don't support clutch.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Keep on preaching and doing the Dream's work.

10. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Olajuwon would be proud? :confused:

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I'll explain again cause obviously you're too vacant to realize my point. I'm not bragging about anything. I don't care if people like to collect stamps or play fifa or make ****ty YouTube videos cause I do all of that. I posted pics cause others encouraged to in a best ass thread, if you seriously think I yearn for the approval of posters on the other side of the world you're sorely mistakend.

And The fact that you're still trolling LOFs is pretty sad.

I did not post before 2012 so I probsbly do not have the appreciation for how vile LOFs were, or how much they changed the garm, but when I see a LOF I just glaze over it cause it's obvious they're mentally challenged, unlike you, I think it's best not to engage in basketball discussion who thinks Lin Is better than harden

all I'm saying is judge Lin on how he plays basketball, but if want to keep trolling then however you get your kicks mate

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Rudy t warned us about non believers.
    He was talking about clutchfans.

Those who don't love the rockets purely must be treated like david Robinson in the wcf 95

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

As promised, sharing an amusing and hilarious piece written by the owner of Lin site himself.

My thoughts spoilered.

We've come full circle - From Linsanity back to DNP-CD

Amazingly, it's been less than 3 years since Jeremy Lin's first NBA start, where he scored 28 points and dished out 8 assists in a home 99-88 win over the Utah Jazz. Last night he received his first DNP-CD since January 27, 2012 a few games before the start of Linsanity. I still remember those days just hoping and praying JLin would get in and have a chance to show he belonged.
    [​IMG]
    Well, it looks like we're back to not knowing if he'll even get in the game. He's said it, we've all said it, he has to prove himself over and over and over and over again. It will never change. That's just how it is when you are the first.
    http://rs1170.pbsrc.com/albums/r523/LeRageShirts/yao-ming-wearing-yaoming-b****-please-shirt-meme-yaomingception-ception-t-shirt-rage-face.jpg~c200
    There is no getting around it. He has to not only be better than the next guy, he has to be way better
    So what is stopping him? The next guys are Jordan Clarkson and Ronnie Price. Not exactly HOF material.
    [​IMG]
    and he needs players around him to buy in.
    Since when do other players on a team have to buy in to whatever a 3rd stringer is selling them??
    [​IMG]
    These last two and a half years have been so tough for all of his fans. We're all frustrated and angry with the way things have worked out.
    [​IMG]
    What were you expecting by living vicariously through a below average NBA player??
    Jeremy is not absolved from any blame as he has looked inconsistent and unconfident at times.
    At times?
    [​IMG]
    He has many areas to improve on including, ball handling, leading the fast break, defensive on ball pressuring, over helping on defense, and decision making.
    Uhh...so basically all the fundamentals of being a PG.
    [​IMG]
    However, there are countless factors why he hasn't played up to his potential many of which we aren't even aware of.
    [​IMG]
    Some obvious to me this season include but not limited to:
    Here we go....
    [​IMG]

1. Terrible fit with Kobe who is a ball dominate 2, just like Harden
    [​IMG]
    2. Having a coach who you don't see eye to eye with
    [​IMG]
    3. Thus having a coach who instead of empowering you, intimates you're soft
    [​IMG]
    4. No respect from most of his teammates for whatever reasons
    [​IMG]
    5. Thus leading to fewer outlet passes, less on ball screens, less strong hedge help from bigs
    [​IMG]
    6. Close to zero calls and some very suspect calls from most refs
    [​IMG]
    7. No one wanting him to be their leader because of his appearance
    [​IMG]
    8. Not fitting in culturally
    [​IMG]
    9. Changing roles from starter to backup to starter to backup to end of bench
    [​IMG]
    10. Few minutes with best fitting teammates such as Ed Davis early in the season
    [​IMG]
    11. Too many ISO black hole players who take contested jumpers instead of passing to open JLin
    [​IMG]
    12. Mostly Kobe, Boozer, and Swaggy
    [​IMG]
    13. Little to no off ball movement and swinging ball from side to side
    [​IMG]
    14. Not many finishers on the team
    [​IMG]
    15. There are so many others but I'll stop there.
    [​IMG]

If you're really honest about it, its amazing how well Jeremy has played with the deck stacked so much against him.
    [​IMG]

It's so easy to say why don't you just do this or that or just shoot more or don't pass to that guy but the reality is there is so much he has to over come and his benching without any warning is a prime example of why he can't just do what you'd like him to do.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, Jeremy is all about the team and will try his best to always put the team first over his own stats. But as bad as things look at the moment, there is still a flicker of hope out there. There is a chance that he'll be traded before the February 19th trade deadline.
    [​IMG]
    If not, he'll be an unrestricted free agent next year. All he needs is one team willing to give him a real chance. Then maybe just maybe we can circle all the way back to Linsanity. We gotta believe and have hope. We all know what he can do given the right opportunity.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Haha that can't be real. He almost had me at first until he started listing the excuses.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Rustlemania

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Zboy can now be crowned: the best LOF (Lin Only Fanatic)

17. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

It just took me 5 seconds to quote this post. How long did this post take you to write? The other posters are right, you spend an awfully lot of time talking about Lin

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Amazing post zboy.

What the lin fans have purposely ignored is the fact that yao ming had it much harder than Lin.

1. Yao is from a modest family in china.
    Lin lives in palo alto, the most affluent town in America.
    2. Yao faced complete culture shock and needed to learn English.
    Lin is American and scored high on his sat English portion to get into ivy league Harvard. A place for elites
    3. Yao was required to play for the china Olympic team every year.
    Lin has no Olympic requirements.
    4. Yao had 3 different coaches in the nba
    Lin had 3 different coaches

Despite all these challenges, yao improved his game every year.

Lin has not improved at all.

No government, no cultural barrier, no communism

Lin had it easy

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I can't understand why this thread keeps going?

Can't we all just agree that Lin is a total scrub, and move on?

20. dback816

dback816 Member

You spent you vacation composing this?

[​IMG]