1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Fox/Marvel] Fantastic Four reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Jan 27, 2015.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There's nothing defensive about it, it's just like I said. You're claiming he's a "horrible" director based off 1 movie, which obviously wasn't bad whether you personally enjoyed it or not. I call it like I see it, and you're being ignorant. Moving along.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This will most likely be rebooted in 2019.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It doesn't look that bad, but doesn't look that good either. I kind of like they aren't revealing too much in the trailer, but I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to rush to the theater to see it.

And looks like they're going for a very dark tone which would be different for Fantastic Four I think.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Well, seeing as I grew up as a teen reading comics, I don't see how this would be an issue.

Personally, I'm not going to see a comic movie to get culture. I'm going to enjoy popcorn and enjoy the comic stories I grew up with. There hasn't been one comic movie I've been unhappy with, because I'm not expecting anything more than a comic book movie.

For a teaser, looked interesting.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Think i'll give this one a look.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I really like Chris Evans as a superhero character, seems like he was made for these rolls. His human torch will be much better than this one. Also, has human torch ever been black in the comics? What is up with hollywood these days and changing characters to black. Like Heimdall being black wasn't weird enough. Is it to appeal to a wider audience?

Might as well make spiderman or superman black in the next reboot.

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

And Black Panther should be fair game as well.

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I guess Johnny and Sue are now adoptive brother and sister so they got the that demographic covered now to :)

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

miles teller and michael b jordan (didnt really know their names) i like both of them and they will both be around a long long time from now

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't have a problem with it, but I'm biracial. You don't think there was an extraordinary amount of white people in these comics previously? Or maybe that they were all located in NYC? You have to remember when these comics were released. No one complains about Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury now -- and why would you -- he's been great.

My understanding of the situation is Josh Trank wanted him for that character. He chose him because he thought he would be the best actor, not because of his race. They just then made it fit from there. I like Michael B. Jordan a lot as an actor, personally.

Also I'm all for a black spiderman, and I still think Donald Glover would have done a better job than Tobey McGuire (or however that **** is spelled), and Andrew Garfield.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

I think it's because back when these comic book characters were all written up black characters looked like this in cartoons

[​IMG]

I don't mind them changing up an occasional character to another race just to avoid it being all white all the time.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Trailer looks OK. I just think FF4 are boring superheroes. Felt the same way back in the day about their comic books.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No argument here, I've never liked their comics. I don't even like the characters outside of Torch and Thing (who is really just a weak Hulk, that generally maintains his personality).
    Mr. Fantastic is one of the lamest characters ever, in my opinion.

This.

14. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I feel the same way. They are just lesser X-Men/Avengers to me.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Urbanized you mean. Lol

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Silver Surfer one was just beyond awful. I wish Marvel could just come to terms with Fox & Sony to reacquire their property. It would be nice to have them all for the Avengers, but more importantly, we wouldn't get reboots of these franchises so quickly.

Chris Evans was the best thing about Fantastic Four. He was amazing as Johnny Storm (and really, I only disliked Alba of the four). Can't see anyone doing that role better.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That flame on by Human Torch in the trailer looked realistic as hell though.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The X-Men movies had a nice opportunity to embrace the cultural diversity thing but half assed it. Halle Berry doesn't even do an African accent anymore. Did Colossus or Banshee even have accents?

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Banshee did, I can barely remember Colossus even speaking.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That was probably for the best with Halle. I remember watching the deleted scenes of the first movie and her using the African accent. Was poor to say the least.