1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

God i hate being right.

It's like Vince lives in a bubble completely oblivious to what is actually going on. I didn't want Bryan to win this year, but having him eliminated as an afterthought. WTF. They were tyring to get his elimination out of the way early so the ending wasn't crapped on, but that didn't work.

Even after the Bryan screw up they had Ambrose and Ziggler. No only did they not win, they were tossed out in a completely meaningless manner. I mean god that ended up being terrible. Not only was it bad, it was completely obvious how everybody would hate it.

The whole show sucked, Rollins was the show's only redeeming quality.

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

You had the freaking crowd cheering for Rusev of all people. Thats how bad it was.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Reigns and Lesnar at Mania. The only way I'll accept Reigns winning that match is if right after Rollins cashes in his case and wins the title the same night

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Lesnar is going to be a huge babyface in that match and the crowd is going to crap over it when he wins.

#CancelWWENetwork is the #1 trend on twitter right now lol. Apparently the cancel subscription page has crashed.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

When Reigns wins, not Brock.

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Sorry for the triple post but I just read that fans are blocking the wrestlers cars from leaving the arena and chanting Daniel Bryan... Wow

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's not as much that Bryan didn't win, it's how he didn't win, or even factor. He should have been eliminated well to set up a feud.

And even at the end when it was Ambrose and Reigns with the giants. There was a least of part of you that thought Ambrose might win, but to have him thrown out so nonchalantly, that's when all hell broke loose. It's like they we're doing everything they could just to piss people off.

Even the great one couldn't curb the boos.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

waiting for the day that WWE just throw out fake rumors....

it can happen, hell we were surprised that Daniel Bryan came back so soon....

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

It's like WCW ****ting on Mick Foley's first world title win while not realizing he was the hottest thing going at the time. Completely tone deaf to the audience. I don't ever follow wrestling anymore, but even I knew the PPV was over after Bryan slunk away to the back like a chump.

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

#CancelWWENetwork

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm laying in bed on my phone. Gonna attempt to prognosticate wm31

Main event.
    Roman reigns vs. brock lesnar. Have lesnar win and Rollins cash in after the match.

Sting and undertaker vs triple h and Seth Rollins.
    It's obvious they want at least 1 match out of sting. They can have him team up with undertaker to take on triple h and Seth Rollins or somebody else. Storyline goes like triple h is pissed with sting for doing stuff. Sting keeps getting the upper hand. Finally, triple h gets the upper hand. So undertaker helps him. Both of them are franchises of their company. Yada yada. Wrestlemania moment.

Cena vs Rusev

The post game show planted the seed for the feud. Something can happen at fast lane like Rusev costs Cena the title or something like that.

Some diva match

Goldust vs stardust/Cody
    They went after it at the rumble. Maybe they lose some tag match and it gets going from there.

Some tag match. Thinking some type of four way. Let Kidd and Cesaro get it over the Uso's.

Just a throw away.

Not sure what to do with Bray.
    Not sure what to do with Ambrose.

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Where do you see DB in this? Its pretty much known it is going to be Bray/Taker and Sting/HHH

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think Taker is done. I expect they are gonna go with Bryan vs Wyatt

Also I don't see them going forward with Lesnar-Reigns. They will try to for a week or two, but when they see Reigns getting Batista like reactions everywhere they are gonna have to change that main even somehow just like last year.

Reigns as a face is done, they killed that. They are gonna have to turn him back into a monster heel and rebuild him, with a more natural face turn down the line.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's been bugging me forever that Damien Sandow looks like someone else I've seen on TV before. Finally occurred to me while watching Deadwood:

Titus Welliver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

To me he looks like rafi from the league.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Dunno about any of you guys but aside from Bray Wyatt going beast mode, that whole rumble just seemed so weird to me. Kinda like put together at the very last second or screwed up.

The bad vibes for me started when you realized that D'Von obvouisly wasnt going to come out when RTruth helped Bubba Ray with the 3-D. I shoulda know when that happened that it was doomed.

Also, the Rock couldn't even help Reigns. The money they probably had to spend on the Rock to show, for the very reason to help cool the fans down and it backfires!

They should have just had Reigns when it last year, when he was well over with fans.

17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What's the point of saving Rusev only to have him jobbed out by Reigns? So that Reigns "legitimately" wins the match? What was in the post show that hinted Rusev-Cena?

No mid rumble high points, no Kofi Kingston theatrics, no push of any midcard guys except Wyatt I guess. Like others have said, DB being so unceremoniously eliminated was really maddening. And pretty much the same thing happening with Show/Kane just cleaning house by picking up THE FINAL guys and just dropping them over the ropes so boringly. Those two offer nothing to the product and it's insulting how much they influence/interfere in almost every match.

Reading the counterpoint to forcing Bryan into the WM31 main event makes sense. If they go through with the Reigns megapush you can't undermine him. Batista at least wasn't on the permanent roster.

And if you're gonna get one match out of Sting it's got to be a singles match. Maybe Sting's ring debut will be featured in Fast Lane to promote that PPV, and some ground is set for a tag match. Orton's bound to come back too, and his last beef was with HHH.

But that Paige pin attempt. whoa

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The WWE really really has to stop forcing people down the fans throats. Nothing is wrong with Reigns, I think a lot of people liked him...but they just present it like "You all love him...right? RIGHT!?"

Guys like Austin and Rock were not pushed down throats, they just...became popular and Creative ran with them.

Other than Cena, Bryan is the only other guy that I'd say is close to being a household name. Why they just ignore that, who knows? It's almost like any guy that starts to get really over with the fans, WWE tries to job them out in spite instead of just going with it. (Ryder, Fandango...mid-card guys who should have become strong midcard guys instead the WWE took them off TV and buried them and killed any hype they had going for them...)

It's not that Bryan should have even won, or Bray, or Dean, or Dolph....but they were all just eliminated without ceremony or flare. I guess they wanted to do the authority angle at the end, but there were better ways to set that up.

Also, every rumble match I remember the last 4 standing is a big thing. It usually tells you who will be the major players that year. It is usually the most exciting part of the match...then they get down to two, and the last two have an actual match. They go back and fourth and it's usually a great moment of guys just being exhausted, digging deep, giving what they have left to get that title shot. This one was...no. Then they tease that it's going to be Russev whose going to go toe to toe with Reigns and before the crowd could even get an idea of what is happening...Russev, a man who has dominated and has yet to be pinned or submitted...after resting what must have been 20 mins...is just tossed to the side.

They are pushing a guy that just isn't ready. His promos are blah and comes off as trying too hard, his in-ring work is polished but still lacks that special something that a true top guy has.

My guess is they will fix this as much as they can (maybe throwing a 3rd person in the match.), last year was on par with this one. No Bryan at all and they eventually put him in the match.. I'm not sure how Bryan fits into Mania at all now, or those other guys they should be pushing (Wyatt, Ambrose, Ziggler...) as Sting will fight HHH, Lesner-Reigns, Russev-Cena and any Taker match has now lost it's luster.

The only saving grace is that I'm betting Reigns beats Lesner and Seth will probably cash it in (What is sad is that people can accurately predict what will happen...NOT EVEN following wrestling and people can predict what will happen) setting up a year long Reigns vs Authority angle :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure what they were doing before the championship match either. Do they even care any more? NAO vs Ascension, they can get away with that because of the NAO and nostalgia...after that though it seemed like two matches just thrown in there with no other purpose than wasting time. Why not just have a Divas single match? WTF was the purpose of the tag match? Divas Battle Royal for the belt? Something? Then the standard Tag Team Uso's match.

And I missed the first half of the Rockets-Lakers for this mess, I should neg-rep myself.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean i kinda have to disagree... the Rock was shoved down our throats pretty hard also and people really didnt like it, so finally they did the smart thing and turned him heel.

I bet Bryan is hated in that locker room... I mean its not his fault but the crowd goes into this crazy "F U" mode if he doesnt win every match he is in.

I was shocked when he got eliminated, not because he didnt win but because they didnt make it a big deal, i mean the WWE has an ace up their sleeve and they still seem to be ****ing it up