1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Nov 27, 2013.

1. HRox832

HRox832 Member

[​IMG]

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

What's funny is that he was doing all of this with the Vipers. Hopefully Capella can make the transition.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Capella to Miami

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Why isn't he starting, yet? I knew he would re-emerge on a good team.

Whiteside (if he keeps this up)
    Bosh
    Deng
    Wade
    Chalmers

Is a formidable starting five.

5. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Your move, Dwight..

6. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

7. basketballholic

Thanks for the rep F77. But honestly I'm sick to my stomach every time I see Whiteside play now. We had sooooooo many opportunities to sign him up and get a couple cheap seasons out of him. He would have been so perfect behind Dwight.

Think about this now, right now. Dwight and Whiteside locking down the paint for 48 minutes a game. And paying Whiteside the minimum. Just makes me want to puke.

By the way Carl Herrera. I always give you credit for everything good you post. I've given you so much rep I can't give you anymore. But for now, because of your constant derogatory digs at my Whiteside scouting I did for you that you rejected....eat my dust.

1 person likes this.
  8. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Oh man, you're really making me feel horrible right now.

9. Asian Sensation

Nice.

10. basketballholic

By the way, this guy below constantly harangued against my Whiteside analysis. In fact, he harangues constantly against every analysis I give you guys here. So much so that I blocked him several months ago because of his personal attacks. You can see what kind of talent evaluator he is below. Just click the red arrows and you will see he's responding to my posts most of the time.:

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

yeah, but some of us where on his bandwagon before the draft.

;)

DD

1 person likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hassan Wiltside

13. downbytheriver

Lol get over it. Youre analysis is nothing special.

Show us more predictions you got right? Anyone can jump on a players bandwagon and look at all his strengths online when jobs aren't at stake. I'm sure you've had many more misses than hits, and in this case, he hasn't even shown what he can do over an extended period of time [after he's been scouted nonetheless]. You do remember what happened to Lin after he was scouted? 3rd string on a terrible team, called soft by his own coach,l and on his to way out of the league. Hype is a funny thing.

1 person likes this.
  14. basketballholic

You were. I liked his talent but I wasn't sold that he had the bulk to make it. I think I was right there. It did take him a couple years to put on the weight. When I saw he had put on muscle and he still had his athleticism and hops that's when I started pimping him and wanting us to sign him.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Yes...me too, although I once asked whether he would utilise his talent or be the Harold Miner of Centers.

But I did say this:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7155099&postcount=11

Would look for earlier posts, but hard on iPhone...& just about to watch Rickets vs Lakers.

16. DaDakota

I just liked him as a project, he had a great touch in college, and good hands, and is insanely long athletic and tall.

Thought he would at least become a decent backup - honestly, I think he will make a good starter now - used as a Deandre Jordan type of player, he can be really effective.

DD

17. basketballholic

No question in my mind he's better than Chris Andersen. It's just a matter of time before he takes the starting role over completely for the Heat.

You know that dude has a nice looking jumper. Too bad he's got such a head problem. If he could actually be worked into an offense....seriously...he's got one of the best looking jump shots for a huge big that I've ever seen. Can turn around and shoot the thing from 15 feet. But I don't think that part of his skill set will ever develop in the NBA. I don't think he's got the ability to handle decision making and the like and getting him to shoot it would just cause him to become less efficient and to think that he's actually a star...which he is not.

18. DaDakota

14pts
    13rbs
    12blks

First triple double off the bench since - uh, Jeremy Lin against the Caveliers about a year ago, who do I know? I took my son's soccer team to that game as we were in Houston for a tournament - at the end of January 2014.

DD

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

And Mo Williams went off for 52 points a few weeks ago. Doesn't make him the next James Harden.

Once other teams have a book on Whiteside, his numbers will tumble back to earth.

20. DaDakota

Nah, he is not someone you game plan for, he is just a PnR dunk offensive player, who also can rebound, and block shots.

Pretty much Tyson Chandler or Deandre Jordan ish.

DD