1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Objective headlines on Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jan 22, 2015.

?

Does it irk you to see an article say that GS "exposed" us on the home page of our fans' s

1. Si

14.1%
  2. No

85.9%
  1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Lol, you proved me right. You have a group of teams that are ranked beneath us with higher efficiency, yet we still win more games than them. Efficiency is important for judging players but not as much when judging teams. If you play fast and shoot threes your efficiency will be lower.

The fact remains - the vocabulary used sounds like something a GS fan would shout in the parking lot.

And if you can't handle people stating their opinions in a forum without telling them to "start their own forum", then you don't really have a grasp of what a forum is.

The fact is that these guys work their butts off and thrashed okc on a second night of a back to back mere days ago. They are human, they will make mistakes sometimes. I understand booing your team when they consistently don't work hard, but that is simply not the case here.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm... I'm not sure you read her post correctly, she said we had the worst offensive efficiency of the teams in the playoffs (including NO) and she is correct. That means there are no teams below us that are more efficient that are not in the playoffs other than the Pelicans. I will also let you know, if you read her posts she backs it up with factual info, and is not just being mean to the Rockets, she actually knows what she's talking about compared to some of the make believe **** I've seen posted here.

The other thing I find interesting in your topic/post is that you explained you didn't like the negativity, got answers ranging from "their current play is bad", to "they haven't done anything in almost 20 years", and still continue to think positive posts are all that's needed (which is fine it's a forum). To further add, you're right this forum is what you make it, but at the same time you also stated "I would prefer for the home page to be a little more homer", meaning it might be easier to make your own forum if you want to pretend everything is peachy in the Rockets org. I mean I think it's great to not be filled with bull****, if I wanted to hear a sales pitch I'd listen in on a session for season tickets holders on why my company needs to buy more tickets to a non-performing playoff team.

I also agree with KlutchQT, this team needs some harshness because their play lately isn't great and they don't have the identity/record in the playoffs like the other teams have. Maybe if the players see this it'll give them a kick in the ass to try harder. I mean, come on, they aren't little league and not everyone gets a trophy here. I just hope the Rockets don't waste Harden's talent, because he's the one consistent performer the Rockets have.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sorry I misread your first part since houston is currently seeded higher than other teams in playoffs, but I'm still under the impression these last 20 games have been much worse for them. I really don't care about regular season, as long as the team can at a minimum get out of the first round.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

it is what it is...

I prefer objectivity....

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Wasn't just the first part you misread, but you admitted your mistake so I won't waste time on that, except to say that team with more points per game and can ranked defense will always be better than team with less points per game and higher efficiency with x ranked defense. More ppg is simply a better telling stat when it comes to team stats. Player stats is a totally different thing. Efficiency really matters there.

Our play hasn't been great as of late? As I just said, we absolutely demolished a full healthy OKC team mere days ago. There are going to be rough patches especially with so many new players.

I did not say that I think all posts should be positive. I said that I think the "objective" post was unfairly subjective towards the rockets by using the word "exposed" and "especially horrible" that the losing score was up on the homepage for an offseason. Things that I personally don't like seeing on the home page.

It's the most childish thing for people to say "if you want to criticize cf, then make your own forum." Obviously on a much lower level, it reminds me of line of thinking of people that say "well if you don't like our laws, then get the hell out of America"

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Meant to say "with x ranked defense", ie, equal defense

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

No, I'm not offended. I agree.

The GSW losses are not out of nowhere. Houston has been playing like this for the last month. Their talent has kept them over .500 for the month but the effort and execution have been that of a seven seed.

I'm a positive person and I think the season is far from over, but I'm also willing to call a spade a spade. The Rockets need a major improvement in effort, especially on defense where our trades should have upgraded, to even win a playoff series.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Illuminati!...:eek:

#28 BamBam, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

You could just as easily have made a poll asking: "Who is a cry baby?"

We were exposed, we should be a title contender. But we have been destroyed by GS in these games. We just do not show the passion and the adjustments needed to win a championship. We are all hoping this will change. But if the team cannot even show some passion playering against the team with the best record a couple of nights after behing humiliated when will they show this passion.

I will support the Rockets no matter what, And Clutch and most of the people on this forum will. But you have to have missed these games not to feel hugely dissapointed in the rockets in these games.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Everything is awesome!

11. soupman

soupman Member

Unless I remember my history incorrectly, we swept the Spurs last season and they won the title. Some teams are constructed in such a way they match up better with certain teams. That is why the post-season matchups are important in a race to the title. Regardless of that, the Warriors are on a roll right now and look to be odds on favorites for the title this year.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yes, we beat OKC so Clutch should post lies. I totally get it now.

ETA: What's your response to the players themselves acknowledging that they have not been playing well for the last 9-10 games? Are they biased against themselves?

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I get what you mean on efficiency and thanks for seeing the follow-up post I had, it was pretty late when I quickly read it. I also agree the team could use more time to gel, since they have new players, I mean previously houston didn't even have a bench. I just hope they're ready in April when it will matter. The OKC game was great for them, we need more like that. I guess I was thinking more about that NO game as well a few games in that stretch where there's still some lapses/lack of effort, but hopefully it'll get better.

And I see your points on Portland score, I was thinking it was an automated script for the score, but definitely didn't need a reminder of their poor post season since it was fresh during the summer.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think that the Rockets might have had a better showing than Portland against the Spurs in the post season, I'm just not sure if they could get passed them like they did in the regular season (4-0, you're right). The Spurs have this post season mentality that the Rockets don't seem to have yet, the good news is the team is still fairly young though.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

100% - they have to get better at protecting the ball and playing D, and things will turn around.

DD

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

OP,

It's simple... If you don't like the title or the home page here's what you do..

Go to www.godaddy.com Register your site and then create your own Fan Forum...

Clutch has been truthful since the 90's and I don't expect (or Hope) things will change..

T_Man

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Shut up OP

You and the other homers who cry "we have some fo the wrost fans in the NBA" can go elsewhere.

We like to keep it real here.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, you and KlutchQT are right, Houston needs to change these things and it will definitely be better for them. I'm just hoping these guys get it together soon, definitely can't be lethargic in the West. I mean sometimes it's like they play uninspired like they already won, can't have those slow starts.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I would rather read a dozen homerfied threads from the OP than have to read more of your insulting tripe. You need to chill yourself, your posts have become increasingly hostile towards others and your posts that arent directed at others are full of venom and vitrole.

Just chill before we chill you for you.

As for the topic, Clutch writes the truth as he sees it, and if you think this team has no problems with their play lately you are the one that is delusional.

I see things like CD, Im generally positive about the team but if they dont get back to the hustle and hard work they showed early in the season they will gradually fall out of the playoff picture, the west is far too strong to play like crap for an extended period of time.

and btw....the players are discouraged from reading fan forums and I dont know of any confirmed instances of players actually wasting their valuable freetime reading fan drivel on internet forums....

btw btw...solid work lately KlutchQT, one of my favorite posters here

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Calling out the team is one thing, sure post your frustations and whatnot thats no problem, but sometimes some of the members in here reach sometimes. Like that let's trade Harden while his value is high, would you trade this would you trade that? I'm over trades for a minute lets see what this team in general can do in the 2nd half. Gotta chill out sometimes.