1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Garnett loses his cool, headbutts Dwight Howard, gets ejected

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They really are. Dwight is all shoulders and traps. This picture also shows his posture compared to KG's. KG's is pretty much straight up and down, while Dwight is pushing his pelvis forward. Better posture = better athleticism.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

First Take's opinion on the situation for those who are interested

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9DQR2s8Vamw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Oddly, I agree with SAS and Skip to a degree. If Dwight ever gets "enough" of players trying to punk him and such and decides to "get aggressive" and use his dominant imposing figure, the Rockets will be elevated to a whole new level.

I don't know if Dwight has it in him to do that, but if he does, he can be an absolute terror.

Sage Steele, though. Always letting her Laker bias and Howard hatred shine through.

4. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Agreed, I thought it was very interesting...Anticipated Howard bashing, but that was not the case...They more so echoed what has been said on the boards for the last few hours particularly at the end

5. Handles

Handles Member

See I agree with everyone here to a certain extent. These guys want to see Dwight swing at someone but I don't believe that's gonna help anything. They say that nobody is afraid of Dwight...why the hell does there need to be a fear of getting punched?

In my opinion, Dwight stepping up his game and dominating is the most effective answer. I've always been an advocate of turning the other cheek and letting your play do the talking. That's what great players do. That's the kind of fear I want Dwight to instill in the opponent. Not "omg dwight might elbow and hit me if I get too physical", but "holy **** Dwight might drop 28 and 20 on me tonight"

2 people like this.
  6. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

I think they're talking more about Dwight just being more physical and imposing, not necessarily purposefully physically hurting anyone. And I'd have to agree with them.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

KG a punk b****

8. AkeemTheDreem86

Repped.

9. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

That's not Sage Steele. That's Cari Champion. Jeez.....(deleted for D&D reasons)

10. Handles

Handles Member

How much more physical can he get though? The dude gets called for fouls if he breathes on his man...it's ridiculous. Luckily I got used to the foul calling disparity during the Yao years.

You don't think Dwight is imposing enough? He makes slashers think twice just by standing near the paint. He's arguably the most imposing big man in the league.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've been thinking about how KG, as crazy as he seems, he sort of plans what he does. He knows what to do and how far to take it. He's never really been reckless. So, I think what made him snap was Dwight's "punch"...I think up to that point KG thought it would just be a shoving match, as it usually is in the league. Most guys don't really want to fight, so KG was surprised at Howard's reaction and probably felt like it was Dwight who stepped over the line.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's what I thought was funny.

KG was trying to troll Dwight but he lost his cool.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Calm down, when those two retire they will hug each other.

That is going to happen

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The funny thing is it happened when Garnett played his first 4 minutes (8 minutes left in the first quarter)

Nothing was at stake.
    KG just wanted to smack someone. Dwight happened to be an opponent he did not like.

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Agree with Handles. These First Take guys don't know what the hell they're taking about. Par for the course. Even with LA Heat and Knicks sucking so hard this year, they can't get themselves to watch a few Rockets games and know what's up. NBA rewards the floppy b**ch. how many fines have been issued this year for flopping? And they do it the most in the paint to the defender. Opponents use Dwight's imposing physique against him. He so much as touches someone, bumps, nudges, blocks out, backs down, or unknowingly has a limb stretched out too far and opponents start flying around like some bad Kung fu movie.

#s prove Dwight is one of the most imposing defensive figures in the league. That one recent "return of Dwight" does well with an in depth look at this.

Gortat, Splitter...all those big ass 250+lb dudes flopping at any contact are not going to get those calls in the playoffs.

16. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Make some change for you. KG got his second foul right before the altercation just 4 minutes in the game.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Garnett maybe an A-Hole. But he's an A-Hole with a heart. He contributed, idk, how many millions to different housing for the homeless organizations, especially Habitat for Humanity.

18. Amir's Johnson

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nothing is at stake every night for the Nets, so I don't think he just wanted to get thrown out. I think it was his way of getting Dwight a tech early. That way he could keep pushing his buttons longer, allowing more time for Dwight to pick up the second tech. Or Dwight could simply lose focus early and have a bad game or start.

But then Dwight actually threw a "punch" and KG wasn't having that.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Actually they need to win.

There first round pick is at stake with every game they lose.

It's not lottery protected. They keep it if they make the playoffs.