1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boko Haram Islamists burn down whole town Baga, up to 2,000 people murdered

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 8, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's not surprising really. Scores of people are murdered in Iraq and Syria on a regular basis. So when the usual suspects talk about how "moderate Muslims" need to step up to stop this stuff any time there is an attack in Europe or the US it shows how ignorant they are about the subject as Muslims are dying in far greater numbers than Christians and it's not really comparable.

Iraq Suicide Bombing Kills 24, Injures Dozens

Suicide Bomber Kills Dozens In Iraq

Deadly Attacks In Iraq Kill At Least 43

Triple Suicide Bombing Kills Scores In Iraq

Iraq Suicide Car Bombing Kills At Least 21 In Baghdad

Iraq Suicide Bombing Kills 35 In Busy Cafe

Iraq Funeral Bombing, Other Attacks Kill 62

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

3. trustme

trustme Member

Where was the outrage over this incident by ATW et al:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...1adbb2-9032-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

These people aren't Christians. There is no debate in Christianity about committing violence against "infidels" - it is completely contrary to Christian beliefs. In the Quran, there are many verses that seem to imply that violence against unbelievers is legitimate. I am not an expert on the Quran or Islam though, so I won't pretend to understand why they are included.

6. downbytheriver

It's africa, nothing really represents anything accurately. Just savagery atm, tying itself to different religions and rhetoric.

7. Remii

Remii Member

The back in forth talk about religion is interesting but all of this is about power. Genocide in Africa is nothing new.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Because it's Africa...

276 school girls are kidnapped and the media hardly mentions them. A few cartoonists were shot up for antagonizing people and it's on a 24 hour news loop.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Did they say they are acting in the name of Christianity, to advance Christianity, and do they have widespread support from other Christians for religious reasons for their actions? Sounds to me from these articles that these militias were actually set up in response to Muslim militias having terrorized the region for quite a while. However, any violence against civilians is bad.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, why isn't the media talking about it?

Posts link to Washington Post article

11. Remii

Remii Member

So you're comparing a news article to 24 hour TV coverage like an article is enough... Lol.

My point is made _ It's Africa.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically

Brown people die .. . it is not newsworthy to most

Rocket River

13. val_modus

val_modus Member

You should read leviticus, deuteronomy, and most of the old testament. Mass murder has been committed in the name of Christianity before in history. Circumstances, and the political landscape of the modern world has set the stage for the current violence seen by certain believers of Islam.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is an easier justification for more violence towards, apostates, blasphemers, and kaffir in general in Islamic doctrine than Christianity. Look at the most important figures in the two respective religions and just compare their lifestyles. One was a glorified hippie who never allegedly got laid, and another had a sex addiction and ordered the killings and corporal punishments of many and lived an extravagant life full of women and booty.

Second, is the clear distinction between the violent part of the bible and the passive part of the bible. The Quran does not have this clear distinction.

15. val_modus

val_modus Member

This is true. The New Testament essentially bails out the jealous, wrathful, vengeful God on 4th and long lol.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trust me, I know the cognitive dissonance required to believe in the logic between the old and new testament. However, at least Christian ideology does have that clear distinction.

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I don't think anyone is impressed by your ignorance or your scorn. I would give a rebuttal based on Christian theology, but I don't think I'm qualified - I will leave it to someone who is.

As far as violence in the name of Christianity, you will be hard-pressed to find a lot of examples. Christians unequivocally condemn violence in the name of God. The media likes to find one example of Christian violence and cast it on the entire religion. However, the word "Islam" is rarely associated with violence by the mainstream media or President Obama. Instead, it is "violent extremists" or "fundamentalists."

18. dragician

dragician Member

why is Garnett's head-butting all over the internet?

19. Remii

Remii Member

And the Mexican cartels are running Mexico and murdering people daily and they're right next door and don't get the news coverage that they should. It's about satisfying the majority.

Because it didn't happen in Africa genius.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Except major newspapers like the Washington Post