1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher: Rockets hot and heavy after a PG upgrade; don't count out Deron Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jan 8, 2015.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also: If Morey really wanted DWill, rumors were flying around that they could have traded Asik & Lin for him months ago this Summer. If Morey wasn't willing to pull the plug on a DWill trade after they knew Melo wasn't coming, why would he want to do the deal now?

I think he just wants to keep the conversation alive for a few different reasons, but if he was that infatuated with him, he would have already been a Rocket.

2. MissouriRocket

Ty Lawson would be a great addition with Rockets. No way do we want to see D Wil here.

1 person likes this.
  3. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

No way we see Lawson here either. He's the only good thing Denver has going for it.

4. downbytheriver

Rockets come up short against big name teams because they win if Harden plays like an mvp, lose if he plays like an all star or anything less. Despite all the additions, it's the same ol story. Dragic is needed at PG, deron is not happening.

Lawson is a franchise cornerstone in Denver. Same with lowry in Toronto.

Basically have to go all in for dragic or its another 1st... or 2nd round exit at best. Even th ough Dwight steps up the D in the playoffs, they don't have the half court scorer to play off harden. ACT FAST MOREY, DON'T WASTE TIME ON THE DERONS of yesteryr

5. delishman

delishman Member

Paging Ric Bucher.. Paging Ric..

It's been so interesting to watch this Gogi story develop from a seed on Clutchfans over the summer into league wide fodder.

6. MissouriRocket

What is scary Nba media is really focused on the Golden State Warriors. I love it because Houston has not hit a big win streak yet. I feel Houston is going to get on a big roll after all star game. Warriors not going to have playoff success with that style of play.

7. MissouriRocket

I was hoping Nuggets would dump him for a pick. They do not seem interested in winning this year.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Nuggets would seriously have to think about an offer of Canaan/Jones/Pap/NOP pick/NY pick.

That gives them quite a bit. Even with Jones injured. There is plenty of tape on Canaan and Pap as well.

I would just put that on the table and let Phoenix or Denver bite first.

9. alethios

alethios Member

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

i wonder how ty would feel about working with the cowboys defensive coordinator

11. Raven

Raven Member

He can be? That's probably news to Morey. I think if the Suns were willing to do that, Dragic would already be in a Rockets' uniform.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Lawson is a total pipe dream. Teams don't make those kind of quality-for-quantity trades unless their hand is forced like our Pippen trade.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No way we get Lawson unless we give up Dmo and no way that is happening.

If Lawson was on a expiring deal then yeah, you could lowball that offer. Denver is not a dumb team though, they will get as much as possible.

If there is a guy I'd like to steal from the nuggets for cheap it is Nate robinson. His value is low right now but that guy performs when you put him in a right situation and on a winning team.

He's not much of a creator but he's that spark of energy and looks to get buckets something we need when Harden goes out.

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

My thought exactly. I was really surprised when I read that.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

our chances are probably better with lawson. nuggets are losing and suns are in the playoffs right now.

they also have fareid. we could make this a larger deal to become strong at our 2 weakest positions.

we have enough picks, young players, and expiring contracts to get it done.

16. delishman

delishman Member

Why? He is a very good but not a stud. Are you expecting them to package Ty and Faried for a disgruntled star and leave them to a roster with Afflalo and Pierre McGee? Trade him for a player of equal value and be left with the exact same situation?

The Nuggets are stuck in the slightly below mediocrity treadmill. While the Mozgov trades does not necessarily imply they are ready to blow it up, with their now cache of draft picks and middling record.. it would be the prudent thing to capitalize ASAP.

If they trade him, the expirings, draft picks, young players pupu platter is exactly what they are going to get be it from the Rockets or another team. It just so happens, the Rockets have a very good PuPu platter.

17. basketballholic

Would rather have Prigioni over Nate right now. Better shooter, moves the basketball, better passer, and works the defensive passing lanes well.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

nuggets have been without gallo and mcgee for most of the season.

if the nuggets come into next season healthy they're going to have a loaded roster.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All those things are true, but Nate is a better scorer. When he's hot you can give him the ball and let him go. It would be a lot easier for him too playing with Harden and Dwight.