1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell has got to go.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lightningferron, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Kid So Fresh

Kid So Fresh Member

He keeps Donuts in shape by raiding Motie's KitKat stash every time he's on the plane. That alone is reason enough to keep him around.

2. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I thinkbroadcasters that travel with the team for 82 games are always going to be homers, Bill is no different.

he is not great, but the clippers are awful, like i cannot understad how you could listen to them at all. 2 snippets of their amazing commentary from the Jazz game yesterday.

end of the third Chris Paul gets Joe Ingles on a switch, color guy goes "Chris shouldn't need a pick here he can go it alone and score on this guy." - Paul bricks a 3

early in the 4th Griffin facing up against Gobert... "Blake should be able to explode past him, blake tried and got blocked. jokers

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets fans say Bill is too much of a homer and everyone else is not homer enough.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

They have to try to be the voice of reason when bill is going full homer

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I like pie

Get off Bill's jock. I like his style and his hair is smoooooooth

#445 Tfor3, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

hihihihihihi

Yes, Drexler is awful

But one might reasonably expect the play by play guy to know SOMETHING about basketball?
    The only time I have heard WORSE commentary was when the Australian government broadcaster (read very cheap) put on a guy to call the Australian league. He called the 'stars' of the league by the wrong names (like consistently), and yelled 'goal' everytime someone scored.

I don't mind Bullard - seems like he is the only guy there who thinks about why the Rockets are doing what they are doing, and how that may or may not work.

1 person likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't understand why it is such a problem. Bull is there to kind of balance things. If anything Bill's homer ways is almost exactly what we are saying at home on the couch.. until there's the replay...

I love that Bill loves the Rockets and it comes through in the broadcast when Rockets are losing and wining. I think it's fun. If Bill was more indifferent/neutral those iconic Rocket moments would be less euphoric.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

But it's his ignorance of basketball that hurts!!

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

OP needs to get lost. Worrell's commentary is gold...

1 person likes this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bill, if you're reading this, please yell GOAL at some stage this season for me when someone makes a basket? PLEASE! I will recant any negativity I have towards you.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Bill Worrell is Houston through and through. I'm proud to have that guy calling games. Is he a homer? Yes, but he has a right to be, more so than anybody else and I stand behind him 100%.

Drexler? Dafuq outta here... A 2 man team of bill and bull is good enough. I couldn't imagine myself being a player at UH when he was a coach. Holy cow... would I want a transfer outta there.

12. rockets13champs

I love guys with knowledge and who are big fans as rockets broadcaster and we have that in bill. He is a legend

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wrong sport:rolleyes:

;)

GOBJ

Get off Bill's jock

14. redglare92

redglare92 Member

Trill Bill Worrell >>>

He always has the best nicknames for the players. I associate him with the Rockets organization forever.

15. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

You are the type of person im looking for! wtg =)

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bill is great... Bill needs to do Texans games too.....

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I agree. Last night he blew about 4 calls on change of possession and fouls. My friend consistently reacts to Bill's wrong calls and I have to correct him. Bill's errors don't strike me as intentional homerism. I think he just doesn't pay close attention to the referees and relies on player reactions.

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

You might not have realized he was even the coach since he only showed up to practice about half the time.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

THis This this This This.

U SHUT YOUR MOUTH OPEE!!!!!

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I loved it when Bill said the "sucked the gravity out of the building" on Mergady's dunk.