1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 12/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

actually it is mchale's fault.

generally when ball movement ceases, the coach runs a few set plays.

clearly mchale does not do that.

2. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Yeah this is getting annoying watching him do it every Fing time. Bev has looked like hot garbage lately and McHale is really doing the team a disservice by not getting Canaan a few mins to see if he can generate some offense. We look pretty awful again tonight on the offensive end and our D seems to come and go, which is troubling.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Bev is 100% sucking it up on offense, but Wall is currently 1/7. Downside: the fact that this is a one-point game w/ Wall contributing virtually nothing is pretty concerning.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Also, no midrange game is working out great, shooting so many threes just for the sake it huh Morey...

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still early, but he has negatively effected the team's chemistry - especially with his poor shooting.

11-32 so far as a Rocket.

The biggest worry I had was that playing him would disrupt the chemistry which is a fragile thing on a team - guys have to know their role, accept it and excel at it.

Tariq black fit because he rebounded, set picks and did not demand the ball, and he could shoot a FT.

I am still unconvinced that JSmooth will make us better, hopefully he does, but if not, maybe Tjones will come back and we can make JSMith our 4th man.

DD

6. j_shooter11

j_shooter11 Member

1999 Avery Johnson disagrees

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Because when people were cheering for the Smith signing they didn't realize it would mean that Papa would lose all his minutes. Some of us tried to explain that though.

This team needs better spacing and people who actually move the ball. Anytime the ball ends up in Bev/Ariza's/Smith's hands the possession is dead. And sadly smith is the least of the problem of these three. Bev and Ariza are black holes on offense unless they're moving around the court for cuts or spot up shots and not trying to create.

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It;s not about trade, we have played bad since Howard returned
    Howard must change his playing style

9. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

NBA Western Conference Playoff PG's ___________________________________ Curry
    Paul
    Conley
    Parker
    Lillard
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    ****ing Beverley smh

10. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Which he then passed to DH for a bad post up move. Whenever I see DH post up outside of the paint I cringe and just pray for the best.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem with the first unit is Beverly.

He's handling the ball WAAAAY too much. Sometimes just ignoring the whole team. Not sure what has gotten into his head (All these Dragic threads?!) but every possession that Harden doesn't touch the ball when he's in the game is a lost possession as far as I'm concerned.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly - 100%.

DD

13. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

this pissed me off too. so stupid, he should run the other way. same thing happend next play with Dwight, aftter he made entry pass to Dwight, he run the same direction,why would u bring another defender to your big man, why

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Correction I meant J smith signing notbthe trade. Brewer has been stellar.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am pretty disappointed that Kostas isn't playing anymore. As bad as his shooting has been, he moved the ball really and helped the Rockets a lot. I don't know if it's a good decision that he isn't playing anymore. I feel we could give Joey's minutes to K-Pap and also reduce Ariza's minute a bit more. I know there is 15 minutes in there for Kostas some where.

Wi

17. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

When Bev isnt giving you defense he isnt giving you anything. His D this year has been pretty bad for his standards.

18. j_shooter11

j_shooter11 Member

kpap very poor play the two weeks since he came back is the biggest reason he is out of rotation. kpap played almost all his important min at the pf in small ball lineup. And he could still be that but dorsey is getting his min instead very little to do with jsmith

19. JazzLakerHater

I can't stress enough how big of an issue we have when NONE of our big men can hit free throws. Howard, Smith, DMo, Jones, and Dorsey are all bad or terrible free throw shooters. Or in Dorsey's case, historically bad.

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

One of Harden, Howard, D-Mo, or Canaan (if he actually got to play) need to not only touch the ball on every possession but need to have the ball for the majority of the possession.

Those are the only 4 guys who can consistently create for themselves and teammates on this team. That's it. Papa can do it to some extent. But eh. Every single possession that the ball just runs between Bev and Ariza for most of the clock is a gigantic waste.

That's all there is to it.