1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should trade Harden while his value is high.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T.Mcgrady, Dec 29, 2014.

1. NotChandlerParsons

Throwing bad posts onto my computer monitor is equally tasteless.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he is being sarcastic

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So whom would you want to trade him for, and what do you think we could realistically get?

(I am totally opposed to your "idea", but I'm willing to listen if you have thought this through at all.)

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

daam we lost to the defending champs get over yourselves. its not even january, stop hittin ghte panic button.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This might be one of the worst threads of all time.

1 person likes this.
  7. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I made this thread expecting to get attacked, I don't hate the Rockets - I just don't see a team out there that can beat the other contenders in a 7 game series. We are too damn flawed. Our schedule indicates that, advanced stats support it.... Address the points rather than posting random gifs or just don't post.

Lebron/Durant/Paul/Davis/Curry

8. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

This is pretty much a lot of arguments with no explanation. Why is he like agent zero? I don't see the similarities. Harden is a more gifted passer, and one of the few players in the league who can throw pin-point cross court passes, timely bounce passes and lobs, finds open 3-point shooters, etc. Hibachi was always just a scorer who was undersized, and not as good at drawing fouls, or rebounding, or defending, or shooting, compared to Harden. So saying this junk doesn't make it true. There's your requested dissidence.

I don't really understand this logic - isn't the old adage 'defense wins championships'? The team has two players excellent at getting their own shot, and a few guys whom are decent at it. Also, how many teams have won lately playing 'spurs' basketball (which is a bit of a stupid, albeit popular thing to say. when i hear it i just roll my eyes at this point)? Also, have you considered the amount of time starters on this team have missed, and how that affects offensive flow / chemistry? chemistry is pretty important to offensive efficiency. Also, why are offensive problems a red flag? And is the team bottom-5 bad, or just slightly below average? Because there's also a difference between those. You're an alarmist, and a poor one at that.

Have you considered that some of those games have been played in the 2nd half of back-to-backs, parts of long road trips, injuries, etc? Your arguments leave me reminiscent of espn headlines - all flash, but no defensible substance.

Also, what makes you think John Wall is an improvement over Harden, or even Harden and Beal? Before criticizing others for not fleshing out their responses to your arguments, maybe you should think out the things you saw when you start a thread, especially if you're going to take an obviously controversial (and silly) stance on our team's best player.

2 people like this.
  9. rawool

rawool Member

Just in time to be the worst post of 2014.

2 people like this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

OP thinks Harden is an Arenas clone yet Harden puts up better numbers than Arenas and Arenas never defended like Harden is defending.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Because none of your points make any ******* sense that's why. OK so Harden isn't as good as MJ, is Bradly ****in' Beak as good as MJ? :rolleyes:

You point out Harden's flaws but the player you want to trade him for is way worse than Harden in all aspects, from scoring, playmaking and assisting :rolleyes: If Beak is so much better why don't you make a $100 tip jar bet Harden will have better stats than him by the year end?

The OP is either a POS troll or one of the stupidest posters we've had in a long time. Either he deserves to be rookified this is just a waste of everyone's time :rolleyes:

12. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Honestly? John Wall. I think he's on course to be the best PG of this next generation. He can't shoot. Yeah. He's arguably the best playmaker in the league though and maybe the best defensive guard also. He's also an elite slasher. He's taken a big step up this year and I think people would be surprised at how different this team would look with an elite point guard as compared to swing.

Look at the pieces we have now, we have a TON of talent but we lack a playmaker. This team is like a Ferrari being driven by Paris Hilton, we can't utilize our pieces to their full potential and you can see it EVERY SINGLE GAME. It's frustrating.

The salaries match on paper, the issue is I don't think the Wizards would do it.

13. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Guys ignore lol. OP is my friend and he posted this as a joke. #idiot

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ha - it's shocking to think a person could be so wrong about something....

To the OP, you've outsmarted yourself.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The Spurs don't have a top 5 player and they just won the title.

Is the problem Harden or is it the team/coach?

Harden is head and shoulders above Arenas. I have no idea how you got this idea in your head that he is an Arenas clone that has maxed out his game.

16. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I'm sorry, but Harden isn't in the same tier as Wall as a playmaker. Why do you keep pointing at Beal? Did you not see mention Wall primarily? I just added Beal as a pipe dream. There's no way in hell Washington would give up both.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is what it has come down to.

Tracy McGrady making an account on clutchfans and trolling Rockets fans.

Dude isnt even smart enough to hide behind a moniker.

1 person likes this.
  18. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

who are you going to trade him for?
    lebron? durant?
    lebron is declining
    durant is injured
    curry?

19. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

Oh my god

Somebody please call the police because OP is clearly insane and in need of help

20. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Statistically they are the same player. Harden is slightly more efficient due to the improved free throw shooting but look at all the stats/advanced stats down the line. It's almost identical - I don't know how no one has noticed this. They are (in the case of Arenas were) elite ball handlers/iso players who could shoot and went to the FT line *a lot*; they also are both poor defenders who were masters of the Iverson assist for lack of a better term.

The problem is the construction of the team. We *really* lack true playmakers. I don't think coaching can fix that. That's the only viable reasoning for having an offense this bad with the players we have. Wall would be the answer to our problems and I think we may be able to pick him up in exchange for Harden.

Look, we held onto McGrady for too long. Every season we thought something might change, expected a different result and it never happened. We have Harden now in the middle of his prime. We can't let the same thing happen here. Not while we also have Howard - someone we and the media criminally underrate.