1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Brothers Hate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Dec 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Portland series???

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Atlanta was playing well enough to beat us without interference from the refs. To lose or win a game is an acceptable (it should be) fact of life for any sports fan, but to have officiating interjecting themselves into a game to decide the outcome is repulsive to no end.

You give the ball back often enough to a good team like Atlanta and they will beat the best teams in the league.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This.... or Morey

T_Man

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

That was the worst officiating i can remember. Damned ref seemed like he had money on the game.

5. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Here's the thing that no one regularly talks about either, the league doesn't even publish their results of how they evaluate referees year over year. Neither the teams, nor the public are allowed to see the information showing which refs make the most accurate calls, or the most inaccurate calls.

We as fans watch the game as closely as anyone and who do we see refereeing the finals every year? Joey Crawford.

I know that we (Rockets) used to send tapes into the league showing how poorly Yao was officiated, but it never really did any good. Until the system that the league uses to evaluate referees performance is made public, or better yet evaluated by a third-party much like they do with the draft lottery now, things will not change.

My fear is that much like FIFA, the NBA is banking on controversy helping sell their product.

6. CrashTheBoards

Here is my question. Why doesn't the league hire new refs? It is not like they are so great at there jobs (or are they, depending on which side you look at it from). I have been watching the nba since the mid 90s and most of the players are gone but it is still the same exact refs. And everyone complains about the same exact ones. You would think they would, but they still have dick bavetta who is older than the game of basketball reffing. I am sure many teams would hire him to be a practice ref in any city he wants to settle down in. It would save him a lot of time traveling.

Also, refs arent very diverse. I cant think of any hispanic, asian, or european refs.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Tony Brothers has always made awful calls that **** over the Rockets.

I still remember in 2008 this ******* called the Kirilenko flop against Scola that cancelled out the Bobby Jackson three to tie the game in game 2 with like 30 seconds left.

He's easily the worst ref in the league in my book.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

I hardly see Kevin McHale take a tech for thisa team. If the officating is bad, take a tech and let it be heard. I feel that the players think he's not all they way in for them. ITs proper times for coaches to take an tech or even an ejextion (which will probably help us). Maybe the players wil go to war for you after that.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's asinine.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Very. It's always a good idea to give extra points to your opponent in close games where it seems that none of the call are going your way. Smh

11. cjcj#1

cjcj#1 Member

Referee Number 6 Tony Brown who was one of the refs from the game resides in Atlanta he is listed as being from Atlanta just as I said in one of my previous posts just another one of those coincidences lol

12. sabesque

sabesque Member

I THINK he the guy who was sooooo emphatic about the charge call on Jason Terry that you could argue swung the game in ATLs favor.

That had to have been one of the top 5 most emphatic charge signals I've ever seen. His motion went from free throw line to scorers table. And did it twice because he was so excited about it.

13. Textroets

Textroets Member

Sorry if it's been posted, I can't find it anywhere. Are there highlights of these so called bad calls? I wasn't able to catch this game.

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

I was at the game..and I knew we were going to win that game with the way officiating was going.

So many bad calls.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

ATL 25 - HOU 15 fouls called...

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Not that it needs to be equal but one assumes the Rockets will always have more foul calls then the opposing team considering you have Howard who draws alot of fouls/hack a howards and Harden you gets fouled alot

17. cjcj#1

cjcj#1 Member

I totally agree with you

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bump...there seems to be a lot of b****ing about the refs tonight and that's [partially?] why Houston is losing. :p

Zach Zarba | Sean Corbin | Scott Twardoski

Direct your anger accordingly!

19. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

The refs tonight are just bad overall. I disagree with at least 1/2 of their calls regardless of which time it's on.

They are calling charges when it's a defensive foul, and defensive fouls when it's a charge.

At least they are consistently bad I guess. :rolleyes:

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Refs were bad tonight but that's not necessarily out of the norm. Tony Brothers in the other hand is consistenly anti-Rockets for years on end. I still remember all the bad calls from the Yao years.