1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer Traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of Troy Daniels and two second round picks for Corey Brewer?

1. YES

662 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. NO

44 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I think he's just disappointed that Cisco and Troy are gone. I would be too. He'll be over it by tonight though.

3. HRox832

HRox832 Member

He's a champ :cool:

4. NotChandlerParsons

Play okay enough defense to sit Harden/Ariza for a bit. May get out of his offensive slouch in our high paced offense.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I feel like Dwight is more upset at the notion that the Mavs took a big leap forward while we are still taking intermediate steps and hoping another big fish comes around again

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't blame him if that's the case.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He is a solid 2nd unit player. He is now our #7 on the depth chart and solidifies the bench.# 6 if you dont count jones.

He automatically becomes one of our go to players for the 2nd unit:

depth chart on court (not trade value)
    #1harden
    #2howard
    #3dmo
    #4ariza
    #5beverly

#6jones
    #7Brewer
    #8terry
    #7kpap
    #8 canaan
    #9 shved
    #10black
    #11dorsey
    #12johnson
    #13capela

8. Progs

Progs Member

He's mad Dmo is still here. He can't stand that there is a better post player on the team.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So.dwight would rather play with rondo and black instead of pbev and dmo?

10. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

It's exactly this. Dwight had been very upfront about how much he liked mentoring our younger players. I wouldn't be concerned. Dwight wants to win and ultimately knows what it takes to bring other players in.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

yeah he fills a need more than anything... He isnt an outstanding player but he is a good finisher on the break and will allow us to rest Ariza some which is really needed.

More than anything tho he is an expiring contract

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think everyone is pissed that Garcia isnt here anymore... he was like everyones bestie

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

We did upgrade the bottom of the deck. Daniels and Garcia were the bottom. That moved Capela and Nick to the bottom. But grabbing meh players from the worst NBA teams, isn't the move that is going to improve the team all that much.

Some people in here are excited about the new toys they just got for Christmas. And that is natural. What I'm saying is that while we did slightly improve the team, the team is still going to struggle to make it out of the 1st round unless we make a bigger trade before the deadline as I'm seeing these as used toys with limited value...though more than the 2 boxes we just threw out.

14. mazinger

mazinger Member

Have you seen Brewer and Shved play? They don't shine because they're on **** teams but on a Team like the Rockets, they'll make a huge difference just like Terry and Ariza do. They're far from being meh players.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I'll wait and see how this works out, but I've always disliked Corey brewer even going back to his college days. I don't like giving up draft picks not one bit.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale says Brewer will bring a lot of energy &amp; defense to the team. Says he's a great team chemistry guy.</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/546443999477641216">December 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale says Brewer and Shved will not be available to play tonight.</p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/546444410959835136">December 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well umm, is he playing tonight?

Edit. Nope.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Darn.... KLowry would be the fit and no one would be mentioning Rondo

Dragon is also ok but I feel we should go after Afflalo that guy should be an upgrade over Corey Brewer.

19. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Weren't there some metrics out there that pointed to AA as one of the worst defenders in the NBA?

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I agree with you about Lowry, but regarding afflalo you have to remember that we gave up minimal assets to acquire brewer. I can't remember who it is, (maybe bmd?) but someone outlined exactly what we have in our arsenal to throw at anyone from Dragic to a disgruntled Bosh or Melo.

I can't confidently say that Aflalo or some other better player would keep us in such a flexible and powerful position.

Only time will tell if this was the right move.