1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/18/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Me neither. Here's to hoping we make a deal for wright.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It definitely is overrated. Championship players will tell you this. Not just my opinion.

Those numbers are skewed because most times the first round is fodder for good teams to get warmed up. This year is not most years. This year the 8th seed in the West can make the Finals.

No one said it doesn't increase your chances. I'm saying for a championship team it is overrated. If you think OKC and SAS are the only two contenders then sure. I think there are more contenders than that though.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks again.

4. saleem

Angie will ask for an arm and a leg. If we can get him without having to give up too much, that would be very nice. Harden will feed him all day.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It seems a lot of people here like Wright. If he is that good, then Morey should make a deal to get him. You can only save your ammunition for so long.

I am tired of Black and Dorsey. They really don't belong on a contending team or one close to it.

Trade for Wright and Brewer. And those to the starting roster and depth would look a lot better.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I missed the game, what happened?

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Terrible loss. Classic let down game over a hard fought win. We looked dead tired out there but honestly I don't think we played 100% tonight. Just a terrible game, nothing went right for us and when things started going wrong we sort of gave up.

Dwight doesn't look good. Missing dunks, laying up shots he'd normally dunk, and I'm really worried about that shoulder. If he's breaking down that's worst case scenario.

Pretty poor game from DMo, that's the first time I've said that in awhile though. He was absolutely smothered by Davis. And if DMo can't do his awesome post ups, he's pretty useless out there. What can you do. Would have been nice to have Jones out there to space the floor a little more and take AD away from the hoop to let Dwight work.

James had a bad game, looked tired at the end. Nights like tonight is why I think we need another guy who can create some things on the perimeter, our offense is WAY too dependent on Harden, and frankly, our offense has stunk this season. If I'm Morey I'm looking first and foremost to upgrade our offense this deadline.

No one else did anything noteworthy on the court tonight. Will be good to get Terry back Saturday.

8. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

to be fair if i recall well dmo only got chance to do postups on AD 2-3 times of which he hit one and one he barely missed...they just dont go to dmo lately...

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He got 13 shots tonight, he had at least four or five post up opportunities that I recall. Davis was just all over him, he's a beast defensively.

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

After that 5 game start from Ariza, I wouldn't be opposed to trading him at the deadline.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anthony Davis happened

12. Dclay85

Dclay85 Member

Davis swung down on Howard's right arm as he was going up for a dunk. It happens to be the same shoulder and exact say way he tore his labrum and reinjured in LA.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I was at the game - the best part was the rox cheerleaders and the halftime show-girl. :mad: along with the rox tribute clips.

14. redglare92

redglare92 Member

Rockets were looking rough in Denver as it was. The swing back with less than 24 hours was a pretty short window to rest up for a young Pelicans team ready to pounce. I'm not all to surprised, the NBA regular season is a marathon.

15. calcium

calcium Member

It's not that DMo didnt play well. It was more ADavis didnt let him play well.

Ah well, it was a Back-to-back.

Disappointing but it'll get better.

Top 3 seed is my revised prediction (from a 4-8 before).

16. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

theres no way he had 5 postup opportunities... i am no basketball coach but why making dmo into 3pt shooter and not feed him constantly downthere...it was clear from that 1 postup in 2nd half that he can well score over davis he just needed some time to adjust...other 2 postups opportunities in the 1st half were a close miss...why not feed dmo constantly in the post when he is our perhaps most reliable option for getting a nice look at the basket...much better than Harden Beverly or Ariza for 3 ...

17. kevtse

kevtse Member

can we trade howard for davis?

18. saleem

Howard won't bring them close to a championship. Davis is young, and he has a lot of room to improve.

19. CrashTheBoards

Anyone nave the tmac tribute video?

20. conquistador#11

they needed to feed white hakeem. give big man bol!