1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Murray go for Wright?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 18, 2014.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

He would be a great fit on this team. Only problem is he would impair TJones value....which Morey may believe is unacceptable.

Dragic / Beverley
    Harden / Canaan
    Ariza / Brewer
    DMo / Papanikolaou
    Howard / Wright

That's championship quality.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

:eek:, NOOO!

Getting Wright would be awesome though and I think Morey should shift his focus on obtaining him and Dragic.

Dragic, Pat, Cannan
    Harden, Dragic, Cannan
    Ariza, Papa
    Dmo, Tjones
    Howard, Wright

Howard and Dmo won't have to play more than 30 mins a night with Jones and Wright.

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Papa should stay at the 3 and Jones will be back by the playoffs.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Morey ain't doing nothing but getting a mid tier player...

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yep no to brewer. Rather get jeff green or Wilson chandler if possible

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

These days, Rondo only elite in laying bricks

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If we can somehow add Dragic and Wright that would be absolutely amazing. The guy who thinks we could get Dragic, Wright and Corey Brewer while only giving up Jones, Terry, Daniels, Garcia, Black and Dorsey though? That seems more than a little optimistic even if we're including the pelicans pick and numerous second rounders.

In order to do that we would need Boston to be willing to give us Wright for say Jones and whatever makes the salaries match (Dorsey?) + a second rounder or two if necessary.

Minnesota would have to accept the Knicks 2nd rounder + TPE for Brewer.

Phoenix would have to accept Terry + Black + Daniels and the Pellies pick for Dragic - and I doubt the salaries match there. I suspect Papanikolau would have to be included.

I guess all of those deals seem at least somewhat plausible individually if you can make salaries match - but the chances of all three happening? Seems pretty unlikely.

I absolutely hate that I'll be dreaming of this scenario now! It'll never happen!

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Doesn't Boston have to wait 90 days before trading him?

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Why would the Celtics want to trade him? They basically got a pile of crap for Rondo and Wright was the least revolting piece...

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes...we should go after quality players who provide depth to our thin roster.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Don't worry about Jones value - just trade him FOR Wright, and bring back one of those 1st rounders from the Cs.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Slow down there rook!

13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Because he's expiring and due for a pay bump. Is wright in there long term plans? Enough to give him a new contract at market rate? If not wright is just an expiring and that has little value to Boston. Might need to trade him if he's not a keeper for them. Ainge seems to be collecting picks to use as versatile currency to make future deals.

Also might be time to change your sig?

14. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Wilson Chandler to spell Harden. Would be the shot creator we need for the bench.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be interesting if Morey was working with Ainge to make sure Wright was in the deal so a 2nd deal could take place in Feb.

DD

16. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

It makes too much sense which is why it probably won't happen. Morey seems too focused on getting another star and surrounding them with a bunch of scrubs. The problem is, Howard is really just a star in name only. His days of dominating are over. Yeah, he's capable of putting up descent numbers against weak centers and PF's but he's not an elite player anymore. He's never been able to hit FT's, he doesn't always hustle, and he's far from being able to take over a game offensively. Matter of fact, I think he's one of the most over-rated players in the league.

Just my two cents but Morey needs to build depth. He needs to spend some money on quality players like Wright, Draymond Green (Golden State), and Speights. Guys that will give maximum effort on defense but can also put the ball in the basket. Instead, he'll continue to sign d-league players that play for the minimum so he can pay millions to a guy like Howard. In the end, this won't get the Rockets a championship.

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'd go with your initial gut. Wright and dragic would be a great haul. Brewer too is unrealistic. Terry + Capella+ 2 2015 2nd's from minny and Sacramento to Boston for wright.

NOP pick + TPE + 2015 2nd from NY to PHX for Dragic.

PHX would have 1st in 2015 from Minny, LA and NOP but the lakers and minny pick might not get conveyed with the protection.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I'm glad someone else said it. I also believe Howard is overrated, and we're paying him freaking $20 MILLION!!

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Whoa. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Wright is nowhere near equal to Anthony Davis. Not even close.

...I would still love to him for our team. Would be an amazing backup for Dwight.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Did you watch the playoffs last year?

Dwight was, by far, the second best player during that series. He was better than James Harden. He was better than Damian Lillard. He was better than Chandler Parsons or Nicolas Batum. He was way better than Robin Lopez.

Unfortunately for us, Lamarcus Aldridge had an insane series, and he was the best player in that series.

But if Dwight can bring it like that again for us in the playoffs when it actually matters, he will be just fine for us.