1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 12/17/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2014.

1. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Yeah but playing DMO as hard would have won us game BEFORE the OT and you wouldnt need their bigs out...because DMO knows what hes doing and Howard postups often hurts us instead of the opponents

On the other hand its not like they wouldnt have made a lot of fouls on DMO...dmo fouled out faried and that milwaukee guy when we played them if i recall well or it was Dieng in OT...

2. archinkent

archinkent Member

Just watched the archive. What a comeback by the team. Very proud of them.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If players were allowed to guard DMo the way they are allowed to guard Howard, he wouldn't be as good. At least a third of Howard's possessions on offense should be a foul. Dude straight up gets wrestled. Same thing happened to Yao. No one had to play legal defense.

Now, I love DMo's game, but he's ramping up to the physical stuff. If he proves he can be wrestled and still score like Howard does, we have something. For now, the jury is out on how to defend DMo. Let's see how he adjusts once they figure his latest style out.

Who knows, maybe teams will try double-teaming him and he'll show he can't pass out to shooters from the post. Basically, my point is the closing minutes where the other team is down is called loosely and our plays to DMo were at the beginning of overtime where we tried to establish the lead. Game is different with 1:30 to go or even 4 or 5.

4. don grahamleone

Where did you find it? League Pass hasn't released it yet.

5. don grahamleone

I have to partially take this back. I just watched that second shot DMo hit in overtime and that was how they guard Howard. Although Howard might not have gotten the call. That's just one play, but that is type of defense I'm concerned about him facing.

6. FeaR

FeaR Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IRVNF6aVlIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

also rememeber minesota game when DMO got us back in the game at the end and followed it by a couple of key points in OT...whetever he should be posting up instead of howard (or posting up more) during the game...but perhaps coaching stuff is trying to make howard going...

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah he definitely looked tired out there getting around picks and not closing out on chandler several times, and he is playing a career high in minutes this season. but the guys right behind him are shooting terrible so far as well. papa at 38% / 30% and garcia 27% / 22% (ouch!)

9. don grahamleone

At this point I'd take either happily because it makes Ariza's minutes more productive. Papa is more of a creator than shooter though. The effective 45% 3pt percentage isn't the worst and his passing can be spectacular. Come back papa, we need you like Leia needed Obi Wan.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

in the post the ref is looking for the defensive player to change the momentum of the offensive player, dwight doesn't get the call because more often than not, the ref can't see that the bump even moved him, dmo being a euro will never suffer from that :p

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

9:30 starts suck
    that is all
    please continue

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

The bench was fukin awful

7pts thats pathetic

13. omgTHEpotential

When you compare it to a bench production of a team like Toronto it is indeed. I think in the game against the Pacers, Raptors bench scored 64 of their total 106 points. LOL.

14. Mattician

Mattician Member

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

cmon can you realy imagine such a great passer having trouble or not being able to pass out of double team?

16. rocket_phem

rocket_phem Member

I second this. The man can do a behind the back dribble then finishing it with a behind the back pass to harden in transition and he can't make a simple pass?wow

17. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I almost wet myself when DMO did the behind the back pass to Dwight right out of the gate..if only Dwight was ready.

18. omgTHEpotential

They're both good passers actually, DMo a bit flashier. Once they have some chemistry going, look out - we might have a ZBo/Gasol type of interior passing going on on this team.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The bench is depleted by most of our top bench players being out.

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

this is awesome