1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is this not a travel?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Normalus, Dec 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Wow, that's not even a travel.. that's a damn paid vacation.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

That is more carrying than travel.

3. mingthething

mingthething Member

Don't wanna be that guy, but carrying is more like dribble-palm-dribble.
    Travel is like dribble-pick up dribble in one of many ways, one of which is palming, then taking more than two and a half steps without passing/shooting. double dribble is well, like carrying, except its dribble-end dribble in methods other than palming- then dribble again.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not arguing with you; I'm calling you a whiner with no point...pointless. You whine about officiating and I don't. Doesn't mean I agree with every call.

How is that arguing with you?

..."whatever"

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

gather steps. he didn't have full possession of the ball

7. CrashTheBoards

Everyone in this thread said it was bad. You are the only one here whining about whiners.

Stop whining.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm going to put everyone who called those gather steps on a list so I know not to play basketball with you.

2 people like this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Add me to that list. He's in the grey area of gather steps and traveling. Harden does that also but not to the extent of what that video shows.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Haha! Same here. That video was just ridiculous. I understand the intent of the "gather steps" logic, but "gathering" the ball for 5 steps over 15 feet is a tad much.

12. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I actually don't have a huge problem when guys take 3 steps instead of 2 on wide open break aways.

However, he did gain an advantage here. There were only 0.7 seconds left on the clock after the Brewer dunk. The point being that an extra dribble or two would have costed more time and potentially wiped away 2 points.

I'm not sure when during the game this was but if it were at the end of the game and Wolves were down 1 or 2, that would be a big deal. If it were against the Rockets you can bet we'd all be here raising hell regardless of when that occurred though.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It takes some serious skill to kind of not holding the ball firmly while taking 3 steps. Try it and you'll know that he deserves the two points. I'd bet 99.9% of posters here can't do in practice, let alone in game.

/sarcasm

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

oh c'mon NBA, seriuosly?
    [youtube]bhhtmizI0BM[/youtube]

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's only a travel if the refs call it.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Video was taken down, but it's hard to complain about not calling traveling calls, considering we benefit from it all the time with Harden. That dude takes 3 steps ALLLLLLL the time. And don't blame it on the Eurostep.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

As someone who swore Harden traveled before, I can tell you after watching hours of slow motion tape on Harden he doesn't travel. It's actually textbook one, two everytime.

18. heypartner

and so did I. I called it a bad call. I just called you a whiner at the same time. that's all.

19. heypartner

Harden doesn't travel. He is doing a delayed gather than HSers and College kids can't do, and only a handful of NBA players can execute. That's why you don't see Harden style dribbling in College and HS,,,not because of officiating, but because he's so special at executing a dribble that is contrary to normal behavior.

Normal behavior is to gather off your backstep, which means your lead foot is Step 1. The best of the best Pros gather only after backstep leaves the floor, which mean the lead foot way out in front of them is the pivot foot...but most people think that's step 1.

It is not Step 1. That lead foot is the pivot foot because the back foot is off the ground at "gather." We are just watching an incredible dribbler in Harden.

#59 heypartner, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  20. CrashTheBoards

harden does not travel. 2 steps. People complain so much about Harden and if he traveled on those euros then you would hear everyone b****ing about him traveling BUT you don't. Cuz he is a baller.

better that than a pedo.