1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i'd say thats a pretty big advantage having a stronger gun/weapn,,,pretty important in a FPS no?

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This is going to sound harsh, but I'm just being honest.
    Don't like running around dying over and over? Then get better. Everyone starts off on the same footing.

The first time I played counterstrike the person showing me how to play ran circles around me knifing me, I couldn't shoot him even once. You get better by playing more and perseverance. Same thing happened with NBA 2K...I was abysmally awful, and I got tired of being bad. How did I get better? I played until I wasn't, I looked up tips on the internet, and voila.

You're only as bad as you allow yourself to be.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Also what he told you about gun's damage is irrelevant unless you're in iron banner. They get stat bonuses from their weapons, like if it makes their gun reload faster on a
    kill or something, they get that bonus.

While it is an advantage, as a level 5 you can absolutely kill a level 30 in crucible as long as you know what you're doing. You're at a disadvantage, but not an insurmountable one.

Outside of iron banner the only damage stat that counts for weapons is IMPACT.

#303 seclusion, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

You don't hshe to play crucible to level up in the game. Just do vanguard bounties. Strikes , daily and weekly missions and the public events. My friend doesn't do crucible and he is at 31 now

5. benchmoochie

Yes so if you just headshot everyone you will be at an advantage or be strategic and kill people from behind

6. benchmoochie

That's true impact is important. Especially if you do head shots. Those hand cannons have high impact. If you are a run and gun player then this may be good for you

7. benchmoochie

It's like anything else you just play it more and get better. You'll figure out the maps and places to go and such which give you better shooting angles. Also if you play with friends then you'll get tips and improve

8. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Dude just play crucible an dont run around like a chicken with your head cut off. Capture a flag an sit/ hide/ protect the flag till the enemy comes an use a shotgun to blast them an then meele them it's really easy. Shotgun then meele is the easiest an cheap way to kill someone in pvp it takes no skills. Try it out.

9. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

again i'm not suggesting the game is jipping me...i make no bones about it...i'm awful at FPS shooter multiplayer.

i just find inherently the games unbalanced. if someones weapon is an exotic and they're level 31...their gun does more damage off the bat. am i wrong that you also don't pick up any other weapons while playing? i saw tons of special ammo and heavy ammo laying around...but don't recall picking up any weapons.

for instance in the halo games...at least everyone started out around the same level...maybe 1-2 levels difference at most...but also weapons had locations throughout the map. now at the very least you could battle to go get a rocket launcher...or whatever. you didn't start out with one while everyone else is carrying around a pistol.

another thing i noticed and this could just be me not knowing about it...but pretty sure i saw dudes almost teleporting in gun battles so they'd disappear for an instance then re appear a few feet somewhere else. assuming thats some kind of ability you gain as you level up? maybe i even have something like that and i don't know it or how to use it?

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

oh believe me i've tried this...been trying that for years...does me no good.

the best way to put it is...

me and my friends played halo a lot growing up...usually CTF on big maps so you'd have to get in the jeep and drive around to get to base to base. remember that?

i was usually the dude who just ran around and tried to sneak/ctf going unnoticed...simply because trying to gun fight wasn't going to work.

11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Flyer, are you playing the multi-player against people in the Iron Banner mode? If so, you WILL get slaughtered, as you are already at an inherent disadvantage. It has nothing to do with your skill, or possibly lack thereof. Iron Banner is a limited time event, which just started yesterday, and will last a week. This is the 3rd time they have done this event, and in the Iron Banner, your rank absolutely plays a role (it goes beyond that, like Defense and other stuff, but let's just keep it simple). So, if you are a 24, and you are trying to kill a 30 or a 31, you will lose that firefight 9 times out of 10.

I would not judge the PvP experience from your time on the Iron Banner. Iron Banner is a b for just about anybody. I haven't played it this time around, but I killed it the last time it was around, as it provided me gear that helped me level up. As this armor gets you to 31, and I am already at 31, I do not want to raise my level of frustration for limited to no gain.

Also, you have your 3 equipped weapons, just like you did during the story mode. However, the Heavy ammo drops happen only a few times a match. I would strongly recommend learning the 2 or 3 heavy ammo spawn points for each map. If you pick up the heavy ammo (purple), then you have to hold Y to bring up your heavy weapon, either a machine gun or a rocket launcher.

Lastly, yes, the brief teleport is a skill that you can learn as your character levels up. I believe that one is for the Hunter class, and it basically replaces their double-jump. You have 3 classes to choose from when you started (Hunter, Titan, and Warlock), and each of those have 2 skill-set trees you can develop as you level up.

I hope this helps, good luck!

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i'm 99% sure i wasn't doing the iron banner stuff...i mean possibly but pretty sure i wasn't.

either way...guess i'll keep playing...idk...it just gets old dying non stop...and i'm a competitive guy...i mean i'm not looking to be the top kills leader every game...or at all really but at least middle of the pack with a handful of kills?

infuriating haha

13. benchmoochie

You play with the Guns on your person. Teleport is blink function of glide with warlocks

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Bladedancer hunters get blink also.

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

That's right. So are we ever going to join forces and dominate this game or what? Let me know when you and your friend are ready for the Crota raid. If at all possible, it would make our lives much easier if 1 of you was at least a 30, and the other at least a 31.

Since you can obtain level 31 gear from the vanguard, it was surprisingly easy to go from 30 to 31. You just need to purchase 1 36 light exotic armor from Xur, and then get light 33 armor for the other 3 spots, which again can be simply bought.

I typically run with one other dude I met through this thread, Mojo. We are usually doing the weekly and the Nightfall with just us two. If ever would like to join, hit me up. The same offer goes to you benchmoochie. We are always in need of a 3rd. Also, if you guys ever need help with a specific mission or weekly, or strike or something, feel free to send me a message and an invite. The bigger our Clutchfans Destiny family, the better!

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I just need gloves (technically I need shards) to hit 30. I have marks, but I'm just going to get the mission gloves. I'm saving my marks for a new rocket launcher or sniper. You don't need everyone to be 30 for the raid. I believe the first team to complete the raid had 29s. 30 or 31 is ideal, but it isn't a necessity...plus whatever I lack in levels I make up for in headshotting everything.

We're going to raid friday if you can be on.

17. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I have no problem with it, but the team would have to be real solid as a unit then. I have confidence that I can hold my own (and Mojo is more than legit), but I going to go out on a limb and say that I am not at the level of the professional gamers that did the raid first (Invigorate I believe), haha. I am not saying it is impossible, but it will be a little more challenging. I am always up for a challenge though.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Luckily for you sir, the 3 of us are all former pro/semipro gamers.

19. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

just picked up that blink ability....who knows how much that'll help...anywho...if i can ever level up again i'm down for teaming up. unless any of you wanna team up and just pick up my slack since i'm quite a few levels down from most of you guys it seems.

anyone around level 24 wanna team up and do some strikes?

#319 FlyerFanatic, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the first team was all 30s (at least that is the word on Bungie.net). They added a 31 to function as the relic holder after they stalled out on Crota.

The Bungie.net screenshot listing 29s was after the team had equipped raid gear thus lowering their level -- but they supposedly all had gear from the Vault of Glass and were 30 during the run. Because of that screenshot, there is a general impression that half the team was 29s (an impression that sticks because of sites/blogs reporting the team levels based on the screenshot).

Anyway it goes, keep in mind that the enemies at the Crota encounter are level 32. 29 might be OK. But a 29 won't be contributing much to the terms of damage output.