1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 9, 2014.

1. CrashTheBoards

28th against the pass, wow. Just goes to show kubiak was not the conservative motto. We never go for the home run pass in a game where putting points on the board wins games. It also keeps the defense honest by spreading them out. Everyone knows the texans love the running and short passing game. It is to the point where it rubs off on the other team when we play the and when they go for the home run play it is so unexpected it works.

This franchise is joke.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. CrashTheBoards

Right now, getting a qb is all the texans should focus on. I dont think they can develop one. Qbs and pitchers are the most valuable positions on all of sports.

4. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

The Houston Texans, Losing in the most idiotic ways since 2002

1 person likes this.
  5. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

That Awkward Moment when Shane Lecher almost came in at QB...

6. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate articles like this. He lambasts the Texans for their plan but doesn't actually offer any solutions. And he complains that their 3rd string QB was a rookie who had never played a snap in the NFL...what team is EVER planning on getting anything out of their 3rd string QB? I expect pretty much every team expects that if they are ever forced to throw a 3rd string QB on the field for any lengthy amount of team they will be getting a loss. That's cheap journalism to criticize a team for that.

I'm not saying the Texans couldn't have done things better this season, but if you are going to scream out that a team did things wrong, you need to explain what they should have done RIGHT. Otherwise you are just a whiny b****.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He gets paid to be a whiny b**** but he was dead on about Savage being totally unprepared to play. Once Mallet went down and he became their number two QB, he should have gotten more prep time but that's all water under the bridge now. This season has become a perfect storm of misfortune for this franchise - I haven't seen things this bad since the days of the Bill Peterson Oilers.

9. Major

Major Member

Is this really any worse than 2011, when a 10-3 playoff-bound-for-the-first-time-in-history Texans went from Schaub to Leinart to 3rd string rookie Yates? At least this year, the team was already mediocre and going nowhere.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

There goes our playoffs hopes. Oh well, on to the next season.

Our boys played their hearts out.

11. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I will root for them regardless but Jesus it gets harder and harder each year.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They have zero time to get a back-up QB ready *just in case.* If that's Solomon's premise, he knows even less than I previously would have guessed.

The line of drama queens in this forum would stretch around 3 globes... Petersen's Oilers were 1-18 (and 2-26, overall). The Texans have their issues - but they're 7-7 with a decent chance to finish 8-8. If they do, they'll complete a four-year stretch of 32-32 with two playoff seasons.

I've been impressed with O'Brien and the coaching staff. The defense, especially, has been really good. If they can find a QB, this team can absolutely compete for a playoff spot next year.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Awww man don't I know. Lol

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hyperextended knee for Savage

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This wasn't a drama queen reaction but more of a description of how I felt from my POV. This is unbelievable - they have lost to injury: The 1/1 and 3/83 picks in the 2014 draft and three starting QBs (Fitzpatrick, Mallet, Savage). Also DNP on Sunday: Mercilus, Graham, AJ, Su'a-Filo. I mean DAMN! BoB is to be commended for squeezing the last possible drop of lemonade out of the lemons that have rained down on him this season. But I have to agree with Solomon about Savage not being ready to play. He wasn't and it showed. The guy was No. 2 on the depth chart for Sunday and you're telling me they couldn't devote any time to taking snaps and handoffs? That the best they could do was to send him in cold turkey? Sorry but I just don't buy that but as I pointed out, it's a moot point now.

As am I because I can sort of see what type of team he intends to field once he can get his type of players in here. But as I have posted earlier, there has to be a total reorganization of the talent evaluation and scouting side of the team because they aren't getting the job done period. BoB totally foofed up on the QB this year and that HAS to be resolved before this team can even think about moving forward.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I feel like I don't need to read the Solomon article based on the replies. I feel like I'll hate it, and in three or four years, he'll feel dumb for writing it.

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yes. First of all, he's a rookie with limited college experience; they could have taken two weeks working him day and night and he wouldn't have been ready.

Second, contrary to what many believe, they don't practice 24/7. They have a small window, week-to-week, to get ready, so devoting ANY time to back-ups is a waste of time. That's why teams prefer experienced back-ups; guys who can walk-in cold and hold the line. Every second they spend babysitting a guy they don't expect to play cuts into the limited seconds they have to get the guy playing ready. If you're having to play your (at the start of the season) third-string QB, you're screwed. They know this.

I'm not sure what "foofed" means but I disagree. What were the better alternatives? People can jump up and down about Bridgewater/Carr - neither have been better than Fitz/Mallett nore hav they confirmed that they're long-term answers.

He got Fitz to do exactly what he hoped: play well enough to make the team competitive and keep the seat warm. I don't know that I'd argue it was the best decision - but it's hard to argue there was an appreciably better one.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

why?

texans deserved to be called out. savage was grossly ill prepared and that's not acceptable when you're a back up. for christ's sake, he had massive problems handing off the damn ball.

none of it matters though. texans are in qb hell, and there is no end in sight. poor jj... mcnair, rick, and bob are wasting his prime years.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Meh... He's a rookie. I would like to see more of him.

And J.J. signed a big fat contract knowing the Texans QB situation just like AJ did... I also wouldn't be surprised if J.J. eventually ask for more money like AJ did. Lol...

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Savage was drafted as a known project with valuable tools. The goal was for him never to play this year. Yeah, he looked ill prepared, but the guy has played a total of about 20 games that matter in the last four years or so. To top that off, he is trying to learn a new, complex system while playing in a very fast league - much faster than he's ever been used to. He was thrust into the middle of the biggest game of the season, and looked a little star struck. All told, I saw a ton of promise from Savage. I hope he plays again this year for experience.

Anyone that doesn't expect that, knowing Savage's background is a fool. Anyone criticising how Savage was managed is a damn fool that deserves to be called out and/or ignored. I'm gonna ignore Solomon, and secrelty, I'll hope O'Brien puts him in his place.

1 person likes this.