1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Great. I don't disagree with the basis of your argument. But you continue to fail to understand what I'm trying to tell you. People begin to (and many already have I can tell) tune out everything you say not because of what points you're trying to make, but because of how you're trying to make your points.

That's why its a shame.....

2. basketballholic

I feel the same way about many.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A war is NEVER OVER. Next in line Clint Capela. That guy has no value right now. He can only get better.

He is more athletic than Dmo. Once he figures it out.

PS: I do not think TJones has given up or something at the age of 22.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I love when threads devolve into basketballholic vs. the world.

5. basketballholic

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to put him on my list of trade assets.

6. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Or just run with what we have including "short neck" Jones. Dmo and Jones and our two bruisers Black and Dorsey and we are set at the 4 and 5.

7. basketballholic

We're not good enough as we are. Still need a second playmaker, that guy that can make the game easier for Harden and keep the offense flowing when Harden sits. And I'm sorry, but we've got to have one more guy with size and length up front. I'm ok with keeping Black but to depend on him or Dorsey come playoff time....no. Need another skilled big, long defender down low. And still need a shooter at the 4.

8. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Canaan and Terry and Papa can handle the playmaking.

9. Rox>Mavs

Then this begs the question is your intention to simply argue with people or convince others of the merits of your perspective? If it's the former than carry on, if it's the latter than your approach needs serious adjustment.

10. basketballholic

Terry cannot. If Terry is our secondary playmaker when the playoffs roll around we aren't going anywhere. Terry is a spot-up shooter. He's our Anthony Morrow. That's it.

Canaan is actually our secondary playmaker now. I'm just not sure if he's good enough defensively or if he can keep the turnovers down. We need the secondary playmaker to really be a guy that is a low turnover guy that can create open shots for others and can D up the other end. I think we need one more guy on the perimeter that brings that skill set.

11. basketballholic

Dude....let's talk basketball and not psychoanalysis. I entertained all that I'm going to entertain. We had many long, looooooooooooooooooong debates on here last season discussing DMo/Jones, etc. If you go back and look at all that folly you will see constant badgering by many posters who thought I was stupid for saying Jones wasn't a difference maker and constantly poking box scores at me when Terrence did great but disappearing when Terrence sucked egg against the better teams in the league. I said then and I still believe it today that for Jones to be anything more than another pedestrian NBA player he either has to learn one of two skills:

1. He's either got to learn to shoot an efficient jump shot, specifically a 3-ball.

and/or

2. He's got to become a stellar defender.

People were going beserko about Jones boxscores last year. I knew it was a product of the ball being funneled to him by the opposing defense and that we could've gotten similar production from Jeff Adrien or Tyler Hansbrough or any number of pedestrian players playing alongside Dwight and James at the 4.

Jones has great physical, athletic talent. But he don't have it upstairs. Doc Rocket, a well-respected long-time member here, confirmed that earlier this year. Terrence has not improved his stroke nor his D in 3 off-seasons and 2 seasons here. At some point you've got to face facts. Guys have to show improvement or else it just ain't going to happen. Playing alongside Dwight and James and cleaning up messes is not showing improvement.

It all came unraveled against LaMarcus and Lopez. McHale had NOWHERE to hide Terrence defensively and Terrence finally met his match offensively as both LaMarcus and Lopez are way bigger than he is so he couldn't just follow up junk and throw it down against the real big boys. Terrence was far and away the WORST player on the floor for either team in last year's playoffs.

Morey and McHale have done their best to cultivate Terrence for the good of this team either on the floor or in trade value. It just hasn't worked out. He has marginal value on the floor as a player and probably marginal value in trade. After all, Morey has been trying to trade him for about a year now and can't get anything done that is good for this team. Nothing.

It's probably not going to happen now that Jones is injured. And then next season is his last season leading into restricted free agency. His trade value will slide further down UNLESS by some miracle he steps up his game in a HUUUUUGE way. And anybody that is banking on that....might as well go to the gas station and buy a lottery ticket. Because your odds are about that high that Terrence at this point in his career is going to take a huge leap upward.

#1071 basketballholic, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Yea.. It usually does not end well when Terry is creating. Seems like Morey has some assets to work with. Would be nice to bring back Dragic. We need the Suns to tank out.

13. Rox>Mavs

you lose the credibility and voice to talk about the first because you aren't apparently self aware of the second.

Trust me I make a very good living off helping people improve their conflict resolution and arguing skills.

Either way, it's free advice that you didn't want or ask for so take it how you want. All I wanted was to at least reason with you about why I think you're relatively solid content gets lost on the ears of CF.

1 person likes this.
  14. basketballholic

You can email me if you like and it's that important to you. Let's talk basketball and the Rockets here.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He said we are set on 4 and 5.

And don't bring up a trade which may or may not make us better especially in the playoffs.

really? Ilyasova for jones is the best you can come up with?

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'd do that, we need a Diaw type to add some flexibility (and i dont mean cap flexibility) to the rotation

17. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

I don't know bout you guys, but Terrence Jones off the bench sounds good to me. There are hardly any teams with a backup PF who is as good as him. Let's just hope that he makes a full recovery and go from there.

18. basketballholic

Ummmmmmmmm.....No.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

DMo is totally bailing Morey out this year. His improvement has totally changed the outlook on this season, IMO.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, the fact that Morey hung onto him so long shows that he knew something a lot of other people didn't.

DD