1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. archinkent

archinkent Member

And what if he passed it to Johnson and he missed? Would it be a great play? Young was on fire tonight and I would pass it to him any day.

2. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I am actually a Spurs/Duncan fan b4 I became a Yao/Rockets fan. It's a tough lost for the Spurs but a good night for Lin. Hope BS can trust him more down the road.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes, it would. Not rocket science.

You make the right play. You pass to the open guy, not the guy that was covered.

Lin didnt pass it to Young because he was looking for Young.

Lin passed to Young because he couldnt get past his man, picked his dribble. and had to pass it to someone. He passe it to the guy who was covered and never even looked at the wide open guy.

Like JVG said, Young bailed Lin out on that play.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I updated my signature because it was bothering you so much.

You are welcome.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>AMAZING quote from Jeremy Lin:
    &quot;I thought we played pretty hard for a team full of toilet paper.&quot; (on <a href="https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet">@TWCSportsNet</a>)</p>&mdash; Serena Winters (@SerenaWinters) <a href="https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/543642378284707841">December 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jeremy Lin on practice yesterday: &quot;It was really blown out of proportion. That's just what our practices look like.&quot;</p>&mdash; KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/543641858216189952">December 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Lin with the game winning assist. Must have stolen from Clutchness from Houston.

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Manu was 0-8 in the 1st half a couple of days earlier. Many players can be hot and cold in one game. Last game against the King, Nick Young was so hot at the beginning until he cooled himself down in the 2nd half. People's confirmation bias is so strong here.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>AMAZING quote from Jeremy Lin:
    &quot;I thought we played pretty hard for a team full of toilet paper.&quot; (on <a href="https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet">@TWCSportsNet</a>)</p>&mdash; Serena Winters (@SerenaWinters) <a href="https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/543642378284707841">December 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Is that all you saw when Lin was inserted in the last minute of OT?
    Well, that would work for those who did not watch.

10. mig0s

mig0s Member

Well i personally dont mind but you just seem to be obsessive with Lin so it's for your own good

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That is strange.

No one accused me of obsession when I had quotes from or of other players in my signatures.

One of many Lin exclusions from Lin crazies....

Have you even looked at your own signature lately?

I am not the one obsessed with a mediocre bench player, my friend. :)

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You called that an assist? Passing it backwards to a covered swag p almost to half court?

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so let me get this straight.

scott took lin out of the game and the lakers proceeded to choke away their lead and ended up going to OT. then scott put lin back in the game with 1 minute left in OT and the lakers pulled out the win.

is that right or is that not right?

no opinion here; strictly dealing with facts only.

14. archinkent

archinkent Member

It's recorded as an assist, isn't it?

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The lakers commentator made an interesting assessment

Basically said that Lin predetermines what he wants to do, and when that can't happen he looks really stupid because he'll force it, this is what frustrates coaches, Mchale called it the home run, Scott calls it not knowing how to play point.

If he decides he wants to lay it up, he'll do so against 3 people and get stuffed, if he decides to pass, even if he's open he'll pass it to the covered guy and trying to change his mind mid play is what leads to jump in the air with nowhere to go, he just doesn't think well on the fly.

Terminally low BBIQ can't be fixed by anyone, he is who he is.

1 person likes this.
  16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What I honestly do not understand is why people equate book smarts with bball IQ. I don't care if someone went to Harvard or Standford. More than anything else, basketball is about instinct, hell all sports are about instinct and having that innate feel for the game. Look at someone like Mayweather. Dumb as a post, reportedly can't read, but the dude is a flat out genius in the ring.

Being able to absorb/understand and process large amounts of information is USELESS in sports unless you are able to act/react upon it. Lin just doesn't have that feel for the game that would elevate him to being a top-tier PG.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's probably because the word IQ is used, so people extrapolate, it's not really a fitting description, because as you said, it's instincts and reflexes.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Pretty sure even the Lebrons and Melos of the leagues have poor first half's and great second halfs. If Lin had a crappy first half and an efficient second half, we'd still hear the criticism from the detractors. It's basketball man. If you ever played (somewhat) competitive basketball you'd know that's part of the game.

Overall Lin had a solid game.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

My fantasy team rejoices. This was Lin's last chance to prove his mettle

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

You are talking about tunnel vision, which Lin already had since Linsanity. Difference was the defense didn't know what to expect then.