1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I'm just waiting for D-Mo to have another string of bad games so you cornballs can defend him and make excuses for him again.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And I hope it is a long long time before I see a post of yours on D-Mo. His defense will always be there. He obviously has one of the best post games in the NBA. D-Mo is not going anywhere. Except in the summer of 2016 when he entertains multiple 8 figure contract offers. As I have been saying for the last month.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Is it just me or does DMo look way better as a prospect than Valanciunas? Everybody up till last year was saying Valanciunas was the real stud but right now DMo is playing like an up and coming franchise big man...he reminds me of Pau Gasol so much with his mix of post game, bball IQ, height and some real good defense. If the spurs got their hands on him he'd be Tim Duncan heir apparent by now.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The skill levels and quickness all favor D-Mo over Val in a big way. D-Mo is getting in line for immediate double teams once he catches the ball in the post. I do not believe it will matter. That fade away and hook shots are just this side of unguardable. And he can pass just a wee bit. Perhaps the future is now?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes. Donatas looks better now... but how many games has he played?

Jonas while probably a Top 50-70 NBA player is good, above average.
    He has played two seasons and much more games.

Of course his production will fluctuate

You can compare them after the season is done.
    I think that would be fair to both of them.

6. omgTHEpotential

You're such a terrific fan. Well done.

7. Progs

Progs Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Promise is a promise hook up Bill and <a href="https://twitter.com/bull50">@bull50</a> with kit kat ! Going back home with this W! <a href="http://t.co/GnmixovVaY">pic.twitter.com/GnmixovVaY</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/538930380066529281">November 30, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. omgTHEpotential

Don't forget the IQ aspect. Valanciunas seems to have a below average IQ. Man if DMo also had Valanciunas' length, he'd be a monster.

9. onreego

onreego Member

So we're hoping that players on our own team play bad to make ourselves look better now? Wtf?

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

troll

11. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I'm on the bandwagon. Don't let me down D-MO

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol it just means so much for some people to be right on an anonymous internet forum.

They would rather Rockets lose games than them being wrong, ridiculous

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Man i don't hate D-Mo. I don't want to just roast and criticize D-Mo's game with every post I make. I'm just sick of people overhyping players, and making excuses for players when they play like crap, then turn around and try to get another player traded or waived, when he hasn't even proven himself, and hasn't got nearly as much playing time as other players. I'm not trying to come in here and be a part of an annual trollathalon, saying crap just to get on people's bad side, trying to get a reaction out of a demographic.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I love what DMo is doing lately but his fans are starting to border on LOF status. I just read someone allude to him as an up and coming franchise player as well as comparisons to Pau Gasol and Tim Duncan.

1 person likes this.
  15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I understand. I personally would never say anything bad about the Rockets players. Except when Jones stomped on the head of that homeless guy. And I have a number of posts cautioning against being to exuberant about D-Mo's recent success. If anyone is more enthusiastic about D-Mo than me I start to worry. Preaching caution about D-Mo's recent successes will be much more productive for you than denigrating him and his fans.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Valan is 11.8 and 8.4 (1.2bpg). Not that far behind. 26 minutes a game

Dmo 6.8 and 5.9 (0.4bpg) 25 minutes a game

Dmo last 10 games: 11.2 ppg 6.7 rpg (0.6bpg)

I would say both are doing ok while Jonas has played more games and blocked more shots and rebounds more consistent

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yes. But it is difficult for most fans to get a grasp of the defensive side of the ball. D-Mo is much better than Val there.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Again I think you have your stats and we are winning games.... so I am not necessarily trying to put forward counter-arguments.

Toronto is also winning in the East.
    However again, Valaciunas shotblocking and 6.2 Defensive Rebounding is not bad Defense in my eyes.

Yes, advanced stats calculate rotations......

so how good is 'much better than Jonas'? 4.1 Defensive Rebounding over 18 games (small Ss)

I can only say that when it comes to rebounding and shotblocking Jonas did better over the course of 18 games.

It does not matter that much because both Toronto and Houston have virtually the same record.

Toronto 15-4
    Houston 14-4

19. nobie

nobie Member

JV is terrible on defense based on what i heard from raptors fans.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This.