1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CFB Playoff Rankings

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 28, 2014.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Who did Bama, Miss State play?

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

H2H matters when ALL ELSE IS EQUAL.

Clearly the committee does not agree that all else is equal.

When both teams have 1 loss, the H2H really doesn't matter. Who cares that Baylor beat TCU, you can go all day with this until logic fails, Baylor beat TCU so Baylor is better, but TCU beat WVU which beat Baylor so TCU is better etc.

Baylor beat TCU in a close game at home, if Baylor beat them in Ft. Worth then that would be worth a lot since home teams always play better.

1 person likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Outside of Duke in '17-18, Baylor does not have a single Power5 opponenet scheduled through 2021. That's just pathetic, and maybe this wakes them up.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I don't discriminate - I won't condone cupcake non-conference schedules from any team/conference. SEC teams scheduling an extra, pathetic, non-conference game every year is infuriating as well.

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

It stems from a culture of being historically awful.

6. Major

Major Member

TCU has extra wins over Minnesota and West Virginia. Baylor has an extra win over TCU. Which is more impressive?

Even with the weaker schedule, Baylor was better wins.

7. Major

Major Member

Alabama did play West Virginia. SEC teams don't have as weak schedules as generally viewed. Florida plays FSU every year. Georgia plays GaTech. SC plays Clemson. LSU and Alabama generally play a mid-to-top tier team most years. Ole Miss this year played a 10-2 Boise State. Georgia played Clemson this year along with GaTech. LSU played Wisconsin. Outside of MissSt, the rest of their top teams did a good job with scheduling.

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

wow fsu is getting hosed

9. sammy

The committee has proven to be unpredictable, which is a good thing for Baylor fans.

10. sammy

Major good point. Didn't realize Bama played W Va

11. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Bama played West Virginia. Bama beat West Virginia.

Who did Baylor lose to?

12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Sorry, I commented when I saw your post and didn't read the rest of the thread.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's hilarious. The committee talks about TCU having more wins than Baylor prior weeks, and now this week Baylor has more, so the committee changes their reasoning to "wins over .500 or better teams".

They're just making s*** up on the fly, and they're not even trying to hide it. I really do feel bad for Baylor fans. The committee has shown that winning games isn't the biggest factor, and that's a shame.

1 person likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Meant to have this in.

15. sammy

Bama needed a bs personal foul that helped them beat LSU. Ole miss lost 3/4 coming into last week. That doesn't mean that Bama isn't the best team bc they probably are. Just means that your point was well.. Pointless.

#295 sammy, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  16. sammy

All good. J sizzle...I didn't see where they said that. Pretty hypocrital stuff going on right now.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mmmhmm.

Also, from March

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ian McCaw: We play a FCS game every year. We've done that for a long time. Incarnate Word is moving to the FCS level in the Southland Conf.</p>&mdash; Craig Smoak (@CraigSmoak) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigSmoak/status/446102933004746752">March 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McCaw: If you look at the SEC schedules just about all those teams play a FCS team &amp; I expect we'll continue to do that. No plans to change.</p>&mdash; Craig Smoak (@CraigSmoak) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigSmoak/status/446104004737499137">March 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McCaw: We play 9 conf. games whereas most play 8. For some others that play 8 to take on another BCS opp. just gets them up to our level.</p>&mdash; Craig Smoak (@CraigSmoak) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigSmoak/status/446106029298688000">March 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McCaw: Hear from fans &amp; they want us to play Bama, USC, OSU w/ our non-con games. Might be exciting for them but not for me or our coaches.</p>&mdash; Craig Smoak (@CraigSmoak) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigSmoak/status/446108567297220609">March 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McCaw: Some wanted to keep FC Stadium. I'm happy to have people criticize me for who we're scheduling as well. It just rolls off my back.</p>&mdash; Craig Smoak (@CraigSmoak) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigSmoak/status/446116505202073600">March 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL. Damn.

[​IMG]

19. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Idk. I think Baylor should be ahead of TCU.

Personally, I'm glad they are demoting FSU for their bad wins. I would much rather play FSU than TCU/Baylor/Oregon.

What if Arizona beats Oregon? Do they move into the top 4?

20. sammy

^they would need a lot of help elsewhere but it's def not out of the question.