1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Bingo.

This current version of DMo would have put us past Portland last year.

2. omgTHEpotential

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/woVovqgqRBk?list=UUmJen5_cQofZXbtzulZj9MQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Choosing not to give DMo extended minutes to developo last year was a mistake.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even a lesser version would have IMO. I wasn't calling for him to guard LMA, I was calling for him to be on Lopez while Howard or Asik was on LMA. At one point they put Harden on Lopez, but never gave DMo a chance, I don't think it's extreme to point out that was a mistake.

Something we agree on. Had they even given him 10 minutes a game consistently the entire season, I think we'd have seen this DMo by the playoffs.

5. _Numberfifty

_Numberfifty Member

I Like Motiejunas--

6. omgTHEpotential

Checked some other defensive juggernauts and the results are interesting...

DMo is playing better defense that Marc Gasol this year, also slightly better than Noah...

LOL, I'm beginning to think that he may become one of the candidates for DPOY if he manages to keep this insane defensive production for the rest of the year.

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

You have no idea how stupid your "trust the coaches" rhetoric sounds.

I guess we should trust the blazers when they draft Sam Bowie over Jordan cause they're the experts:rolleyes:

We should trust the blazers when they draft oden over durant:rolleyes:

We should trust presti when he trades harden for scraps:rolleyes:

We should trust hitler cause he's in charge:rolleyes:

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

D-Mo had bums and undersized players guarding him all last night.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Godwin's Law: If an online discussion goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler, thereby losing the argument.

10. omgTHEpotential

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You have to remember DMo wasn't playing like this last year. He couldn't guard anyone without getting into immediate foul trouble, and falling down every 30 seconds. I just hope that the DMo we are seeing now sticks around for awhile. I don't want him to revert back to bad DMo.

12. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

DMO could easilly be a starting center for half of the NBA teams. He has great size and he can post up almost anyone. Sanders is one of better defends in NBA and he couldn't do nothing against Motie.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You are assuming that Dmo could have done what he is doing now back then. That is not a fact. It is speculation.

14. kemah

kemah Member

This next game will be where Dmo can show us if he is worth keeping.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I'm just suggesting that putting DMo on Lopez would be better than putting Jones or Howard on him....which isn't much of a stretch. We all know that Jones was incapable of hanging with either LMA or Lopez because he's too small, I was suggesting not setting him up to fail and instead using a bigger guy who has always been a better defender.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

this ^^^^^

even earlier part of this season, he was not playing like this. when TJones was first injured, he was not playing like this. that's why we are raving about him now. something clicked for him this last couple of games. on-court demeanor-wise

we'll see how he keeps this going vs. the better bigs of the league. just keep working hard, and don't fade away when making those post moves

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Bingo. He was not falling down so much last year, but he could not stay in the game because of silly fouls.

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Ersan and Larry Sanders aren't bums. Many Rockets fans in the trade thread were calling to trade the Pelicans pick for one of them.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Encouraging thing worth monitoring: Donatas Motiejunas playing some solid ball over the last two weeks. If it lasts, big for HOU.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/539053300461875200">November 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jones broke out last year....errrr..... mistake it was indeed if you are strictly a player homer

If Donatas did what he does now there would be no question in the offseason or before the season.

He just was not really consistent in limited minutes last year and all you get are limited minutes on a playoff team......

He is doing well right now ... this is not rocket science... you play the hot hand, you play the players that are doing well