1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This just became ironic. I already said there was no point to this thread because the post season is where it mattered, and people complaining about his faults in the RS are wasting their time.

All this does is show how much of a troll you are. You spammed that same message in giant letters over a course of multiple pages. It was a disengenuous message, and when I call you out about it you decide to whine. Be less of a troll and stop posting misleading information.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I completely agree that there is no point in this thread. But PS is not the only metric to judge a coach. George Karl won 1,131 RS NBA games without ever doing well in the PS. Does that mean that he is not a HOF coach? I personally do not think so.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Brilliant observation. Let me make my own.

Mark Madsen has two more championship rings than Karl Malone.

4. baubo

baubo Member

If you believe the coach's role for a team is similar to Mark Madsen, that is fine. However, for you to not be a hypocrite, you would also have to never criticize a NBA coach ever again, just like no one ever cares enough to criticize Mark Madsen regardless of what his team accomplishes.

Either a coach is so important that fans should blame him for every loss, or a coach is so unimportant he isn't worth criticizing at all. which side of the fence are you on?

5. CometsWin

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. He made a meaningless observation and I made my own meaningless observation.

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

With this current roster, none of this matters...not the coach, our record, team chemistry...etc. We could have a perfect record and hire Phil Jackson's clone, it just doesn't matter. This post season will be indicative of how things will pan out.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Perhaps. But the PS happens only once a year. And it is absolutely talent driven. Karl coached great teams but he met his match in the Jordan Bulls and several other teams. Talent rules in the NBA. Coaches play the hand they are dealt.

8. baubo

baubo Member

Except he compared head coaches to head coaches. You compared 12th men to all time superstar.

If you lack the capacity to realize how stupid a comparison it is, that is not his fault.

9. CometsWin

If you don't have the capacity to understand how a less talented coach could have a better record than a more talented coach then maybe you should back away from the keyboard before you embarrass yourself.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is ridiculous. Miami was clearly a more talented team than the Spurs last year. Houston is more talented than Portland.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Miami also had more talent than Dallas when they won 2011.

Detroit was not more talented than the Lakers of 2004.

Utah was not more talented the The Big Three Era Rockets.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Isn't it remarkable how a couple of last second Hail Mary shots can change a seven game series?

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

JT the Spurs won it in 5 and Portland won it in 6 games.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No one believes that having the highest regular season winning % is meaningless in "Official Fire McHale Thread."

Mark Madsen is irrelevant to a thread about Kevin McHale, coach of the Rockets. Everyone knows you are either disingenuous or dumb.

15. baubo

baubo Member

Doesn't that mean you believe talent >> coaching? Isn't that what my original post to yours was about? That if you believe winning is a product of players and not the coach, don't whine about McHale every chance you get because apparently, you think coaches are worthless like Mark Madsen.

16. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

can someone tell me where i can find these rankings

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

At least he isn't Scott Brooks.

That guy is a joke of a coach.

I think McHale gets a ton of respect from this team. It is full of personalities.

James and Dwight couldn't be controlled by many. The fact is, Kevin has done it before in this league. You can't not follow the guy. Heck, his limp alone is adorable.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. He got a ring for that limp.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

:confused: What exactly does this statement mean? Harden has never been considered a coach killer and Dwight's immaturity has been way overstated by the national pundits.

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The guy still does not know what to do on offense, get the ball to D-Mo, get some bodies moving instead of jacking 3pt shots all the time, worthless crap..