1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Daniel is back!

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Good ish WWE!

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Welcome back, Hornswoggle. :rolleyes:

5. 713

713 Member

should have saved D Bryan for the Rumble.

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Disagree. I loved everything about this RAW.

The video package and Triple H's promo totally putting Sting over.
    The tag title match, the IC Title match, bringing back the Swagger/Rusev. That has to be Swagger's title for a very long time, solidifying Dolph as the future,

The PPVs leading up to WM are going to be interesting.
    I really have no clue where they are going.

Lesnar, Cena, Rollins, Reigns, Bryan, Dolph, Ambrose, Orton, Wyatt, etc

This has to be the most athletic roster ever put together.

Sheamus, Cesaro, BnB, Harper, Rowan, Usos, Gold/Star Dust, Mizdow, Swagger, Rusev, etc. Can fill out a card with an old school barnburner any night of the week.

Get Ryback off the TV now

7. 713

713 Member

Yeah wtf was that clothesline. Mark Henry looks depressed every time I see him on TV.

8. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

Yep, the "Big Guy" is just a juiced annoyance.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Eh, Ryback is better than Sheamus/Rusev/Swagger/Show/Kane/Henry.

I'd rather see all those guys gone. Ryback should have been put over last year at Hell in a Cell, but Cena buried him just like he always does. No reason Ryback should have been eliminated as early as he was during Survivor Series either since they were building him up as the most over guy during the lead up.

Cena should have been the first eliminated to get a "omg wtf!" reaction. Ryback should have held the team together in a "who would have thought it?" type way. Big Show is terrible and needs to stop being booked during important sequences. But the betrayal should have been on Ryback. And then Ziggler should have carried with the surprise assist from Sting.

But of course WWE doesn't understand how to put over its young talent half the time.

And they def should have saved Bryan or Reigns for the rumble. I guess WWE is really hurting from the poor performance of the WWE Network though since they're pulling out all the stops now.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Ryback is nowhere near the level of Sheamus/Rusev/Swagger in the ring. He might be more skilled than Show/Kane/Henry at this point in their careers but they also still understand the psychology and how to make a match good and entertaining.

Ryback is easily the worst promo guy being put over right now. Way worse than any of the atrocious Batista promos shoveled down our throats.

Any they don't know how to put over talent? Dolph Ziggler just got that push.

Did 98% of the WWE universe know who Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt, Rusev, Usos, Harper, Rowan, Cesaro, etc three years ago. I said theyve done a great job with Dolph, Bryan from the time he debuted, been patient in spite of injuries with Barrett, Cody Rhodes, etc

And they've done fine with Sheamus, Swagger, Del Rio, Punk, Etc etc etc

11. VanityHalfBlack

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Lol please. No one besides hardcore wrestling fans give two ****s about guys like del rio. Swagger is terrible. They did good by pairing him with Colter because his mic work is absolutely atrocious.

Ryback's ability to interact with the crowd is better than you guys give credit for. I looked at his Twitter a few months ago. The big guy is Lolz. He trolls effectively and actually know what's up. All you need is a mindless slogan and a great look to get over. Ryback has both.

And even if he didn't...

Ryback gets over on look alone. Hate to break it to you. That's what matters to Vince. That's the entire reason terrible promo guys like warrior were ever big names.

Btw. Before you say anything to the contrary. Daniel Bryan is terrible on the mic. His promos straight up suck. But he was the most over guy for the longest time because of guess what... A mindless catch phrase.

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Nikki>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brie, Cena is a lucky guy.

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Daniel Bryan isn't terrible on the mic. I wouldn't call him outstanding but his promo was great on RAW and he knows how to sell and advance feuds and has a pretty good sense of humor.

I don't know how anyone could watch Swaggers feud with Rusev and think he's terrible.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Ryback 2.0 isn't any better than 1.0 that fizzled out and died because guess what the guy without the look, CM Punk got over because he's a better entertainer and got bigger pop.

He's back to mid-card filler when Bryan, Reigns and Orton return and now with Dolph getting the big push and Cena having a #1 contender shot. It's not going to last.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Pshhhh

AJ >>>>>

And Layla

And Eden.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

yeah Id take Eden over any of them

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

She's the best.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Colt Cabana podcast with CM Punk is online. 2 hours worth of material on what went down and how he was fired from the company.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Haven't listened to it. But ****. From the excerpts I read, the **** that goes on doesn't surprise me.