1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Git Er Dun!

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hell no. I'm not giving away all our bigs and Bass and Goran unless Okafur is healthy and will to sign for us for the minimum.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Who said anything about giving away all of our bigs? This trade CLEARLY keeps Black and Dorsey in the Rockets rotation :eek:

4. rockbox

I don't mind if we could get "serviceable" bigs to take their place. Maybe Adrien, Okafor, and someone for the Lin exemption like Jason Smith would work.

5. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Why does Denver do that trade?

Why does PHX do that trade?

6. rockbox

Honestly, I don't think we would have to give up much to get Bass. Some draft picks and the TE could make it happen.

7. rockbox

PHX does the trade because they are going to lose Dragic for nothing in the off season and they get a quality shooting guard to play along side Bledsoe. I don't know what Denver gets out of it.

8. steddinotayto

Someone thought that we'd end up with Bass and Dragic and I granted his wish.

In all seriousness, I think Phoenix needs to find themselves a swingman that can shoot the 3 because they have yet to address the issue of not having a player replacing Frye's perimeter shooting.

9. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

The first free agent the Celtics called was Thomas 1 minute into free agency. Maybe there is a 3 way deal being worked between Celtics, Houston and the Suns. Rockets end up with Rondo, Celtics end up with Thomas other pieces, picks flying everywhere

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

My bad, FeaR, I was talking about scoring. He did lead in scoring IIRC(99% sure).

I tell you what, let's cut Morey and Ainge out of this deal and you and I can work it out. You seem pretty reasonable.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Too bad T Jones has an injury with no time table.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm implying it rarely happens where a young, up and coming player agrees to a new deal with the team that drafted him and then gets shipped out weeks later. I'd argue Nene was a little bit of a different situation, but he was a good one to mention. Nene was a 10 year vet at the time and his ability as a player was pretty known. Rubio is still developing and has a lot of potential.

No he doesn't have to say anything, but there haven't been any smoking guns that indicate Rondo wants to leave. Ainge likes Rondo and he won't give him up easily.

Sorry I think I got you mixed up with someone else who thought Davis was a weakling that would get hurt again. Anyhow, I don't think this Pelicans pick is going to be of significant value. It's likely going to be in the 11-14 range. It's a nice asset to have but I can't see it netting a big fish like Rondo or Dragic. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyhow....go Rockets!

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don't we also have our own pick and 3 2nd rounders next draft?

Not to mention we have some expiring contracts which potentially allow us to take a longer contract off the other team's hands in a separate trade.

I still agree though that for us to land Dragic or Rondo, they must have a specific desire to join the Rockets either for money or to win.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

We traded our first round pick to the Lakers in the Lin deal.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep. TJ is going nowhere soon with that nasty nerve damage in his foot.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love how the GARM has mythologized Garcia as an enforcer when he is clearly the one moving away from Paul even before he is separated.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Getting Bass, and a healthy DH along with a healthy Bev is a quick fix that can make this this team legitimately a top three team in the West. RIGHT NOW.

Add a healthy Jones (or big man acquired in a trade) down the line and I see a legitimate WCF team. A solid team with a great defense is a solid team indeed.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Um....no he's not. He didn't lunge at CP3, but he wasn't moving away either.

19. steddinotayto

You watch your tongue when you're talking about the legend known as Cisco

[​IMG]

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Umm .. yes, Garcia is moving to his right instead of directly toward Paul - his pupils stay on Paul the whole time so the motion is even more pronounced there. While Paul is moving directly towards Garcia. It might be a quibble but it is a fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.