1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 23, 2014.

1. nobie

nobie Member

he lacks experience, his moves are great, but not really game tested. If i remember right he wasnt using his post moves that much in europe, and relied much more on face up game.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

to me it seems like it's his base, he can't maintain stability while getting pushed and this forces him to jump/shoot off balance. maybe he can take a slightly wider stance in his footwork to at least help out his balance a bit

3. torocan

torocan Member

Tough win, but a win is a win. :)

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

It almost feels like the Miami game is the last one the Rockets really played good basketball in, but being able to scrap out numerous wins when you're shorthanded and playing ugly basketball is a really good quality. If you'd have told me on day 1 that the team would be 11-3 I'd have assumed the team was working at their absolute peak potential. Instead their starters have missed 21 games and they're still gritting it out. There's room to grow into a real contender but absolutely have to get healthy first.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

People can blast our veterans all they want, but Terry & Garcia were key in this game. Of course Harden was a monster and D-Mo & Black finally both had decent games, but playing below the rim is becoming a problem. Papa had some great moments, hustling and one key TO in the 4th he hustled back for the block. Even though they scored, he was really mad at himself, I like that.

I didn't like how Howard and the rooks were laughing their ass off when Dorsey missed that dunk, you saw Black didn't like it either and mouthing to stop. At least the guy is on the court, Howard being a goof on the sidelines is not helping either so he needs to suit up or shut up!

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you haven't noticed, that's the culture of the team whether you like it or not. and that actually was pretty funny how he got hung on the rim like that. he should have been able to make that

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Maybe it's funny, but I rather have guys like Black who smirk and don't openly laugh @ their teammate's expense..

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah pretty sure this isn't really an issue. at the end of the day dorsey is still pretty bad lol

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Never said it was an issue and I actually dislike Dorsey, but it doesn't help when you are playing bad and then laughed at too. If Morey realized we need a legit back-up C, we have had one and Capela is not the kind of guy McHale will trust so we're stuck with the guy.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't doubt he knows a real backup C is needed now and will probably be addressed. it's probably more of who to keep black or dorsey when it comes to it.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wait, we hacer Dorsey apologists now? Dude missed a wide open dunk. He deserves to get laughed at.

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You seem to not understand how this team operates. We joke, we laugh, we play jokes on each other. Dorsey laughs when Howard misses dunks. Especially those in Mexico City. It's not putting each other down, it's all about enjoying each other. Want a serious team, go play with Kobe and get yelled at for giving an opinion.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I guess Dorsey is the Jerry of the Rockets.

[​IMG]

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>JR Smith says Carmelo could barely talk last night because he was in so much pain. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Knicks?src=hash">#Knicks</a></p>&mdash; Ian Begley (@IanBegley) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/537341356575055872">November 25, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Back spasms are a *****.

17. Naismith

Naismith Member

Every Rocket player had at least one steal,
    HARDEN 3
    ARIZA 3
    THATS DEFENSE

1 person likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Black works hard and can rebound, despite his limitations. Dorsey has played very poorly. Get J. O'Neil and cut Dorsey.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

For some strange reason, my net was all messed up and I couldn't stream or do nothing...

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

WTF it was comical everyone laughed Black was funny too half laughing half asking them to stop.. Dorsey badly botched a dunk at the teams expense...