1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Kostas Papanikolaou as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Sep 29, 2014.

1. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

13 games in and this kid is already my favorite player on the team. Once he gets acclimated to NBA speed/length and 3 point distance (may not happen til he gets a full offseason to improve his range) he will be absolutely lethal. He has incredible instincts and versatility.

2. moose

moose Member

I have a good feeling about this kid. No one expects a rookie to be great shooter right away. He has all the tools to contribute to this team. Once he gets his shot going, he's going to be one of hell of a player.

3. jim158

jim158 Member

kostas was unlucky today with his lay up s . He was never good at attacking the rim in a 5-5 situation but he gets better fast. I also believe(hope) that he will find his long range shot.
    But today i realized something else. In GREECE we consider him very athletic, good speed, good jump, very good conditioning.But today, for the first time in almost 10 years i know him, i saw him very tired at the end of a game.
    Overall he has a decent performance till now, but needs a full season to improve every part of his game. As a journalist wrote here in GREECE, the crusial question for kostas nba carrer is if he will find a contract for next year. If yes he will stay in NBA for years. But it si not certain that he will find a contract.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

He was projected to be in best case an Omri Casspi type of player, but he exceed all expectation though the bar was set very low

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This guy is the ultimate teammate...He's always rushing to pick guys of the floor and to see if they're ok after hitting the floor...and he hardly knows them. Humming up and down after Harden got that and one tonight...genuinely loves playing. And actually has talent.

Hopefully he can stick around and eventually replace Ariza in a couple years.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would seriously hate for this guy to leave the team. He is to me obviously a championship quality rotation player.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Spurs would kill to have him, I bet. Fits right in.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if he corrects his shot and conditioning over the summer, he might be a better option as the starter over ariza next season

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Same here, he's growing but producing at a solid rate and giving something nearly every game. Barring any drop off, he is certain to stay in the NBA for a long time.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Barring injuries, he will be playing in the NBA next year. This is his 12th game and he is already trusted to finish the game with the starters.

Even if his shot is not falling, he contributes on defense, rebounding, ball movement, teamwork, and just overall awesomeness.

As Long as he doesn't talk to DALLAS owner Mark Cuban, like Parsons did, we'll love him just fine here. The team is actually looking for continuity, so I think he's staying.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This, the man knows how to slow things down, pass out of traps, and control overall tempo @ the NBA level. It's amazing how vets in this league, less our team alone, don't know how to even manage these intangibles.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I love this kid. In the segment they showed last night, players were asked what would you be doing if you weren't playing ball. Papa said I can't or don't wanna think about that bc all I want to do is play. Something to that effect. He's all about business.

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

While he's not a flashy defender, he understands exactly where to be and when on defense in a way that I'm hard pressed to think of another Rockets rookie managing.

Lots of areas in Kostas' game that need refinement - particularly shooting consistency and finding the right amount of mustard to put on his passes - but I've really become a fan.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He brings it. Every game. He wants to win. Bad. There is no other Rocket like him right now. He seems to be the exact opposite of D-Mo mentally. I just don't think his ceiling is all that high.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He is basically the SF version of Scola. How can you not like this guy?

16. BIGHchamp

BIGHchamp Member

I ended up buying this shirt and wore it to the game on Saturday. My friend had Lexus Lounge passes and after the game Paps whole family (brother, mom, and dad) came up to me and were taking pictures, lol. Such a good "cool story bro", just figured I would share with Clutchfans!

17. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

but why you no get no pic, bruh?

18. BIGHchamp

BIGHchamp Member

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Evertime i read one of your posts i cringe. You are the most negative poster i have ever seen.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

How tall is his brother? Does he have a jumper? Quick release free throw?

Come on man, we need answers!