1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It was the knock on him coming out of college. It was the knock on him from New England beat writers. Texans beat writers said the same thing from watching him in practice here. He's in his 4th year in the league. If he hasn't fixed it yet, it's hard to believe he will.

He's probably capable of doing better as evidenced in the Cleveland game. But what I'd heard about Mallett all along is what we saw today. Struggles with accuracy and touch. And considering that that's been the knock on him since college, I'd lean to that being closer to the norm for him.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ehh, handing off the ball without a mistake? I don't know dude.

Kidding. But who really cares what Fitz could accomplish.

He wouldn't have been able to make noise in the playoffs and that is all that matters.

Give the young guy a chance.

He looked very Blaine Gabbert like today! LOL.

At least you aren't the Jaguars, because there QB situation might be worse now then last years.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, our offense failed to score a TD today...we know the results with Mallett. Fitz would have given us a chance at least. Fitz doesnt have a cannon, but on those 10-15 yard passes, he doesnt overthrow them by 5 yards. We would have most likely had a more consistent offense today because the receivers were in positions to make plays...just couldnt connect.

We can go back and forth all day, but Mallett was absolutely terrible today...and for how crappy Fitz is throwing the ball, he still had 11 TDs to 8 INTs...which isnt the worst thing ever.

4. Houston79Astro

I blame pancakes for this lose..

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Fitz is a waste of time. He will not be here next season.

6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Its time to move on from Fitz, waste of time playing him. More productive for the franchise in the long run to see what they have in Mallet and/or Savage.

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Texans need teams behind them in the rankings to win games now.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, if the Mallett experiment fails like it did today, he definitely won't be re-signed. So then you'd maybe have a new, rookie QB in 2015. Still need a vet on the roster who knows the offense and Fitz's contract isn't very expensive. I can easily see Fitz on the team next year as a rookie mentor/backup.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh well on to the next one.

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it would be nice if hopkins didnt b!tch out & step out of bounds to avoid the hit on that 3rd down...

that was the game right there.

11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Offense between the safety and the pick to start the half basically gave up more points than they scored.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

VERY frustrating because he looked to be making all the right reads - he just couldn't deliver the ball to the receivers. I, too, belive that this is the norm for him as well. Sigh! The saga continues...

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Greg Koch putting much needed blame on the coaching staff right now for this game and I fully agree. Bad play calling and team didn't appear ready to play a huge game today.

14. conquistador#11

superbowl dreams gone to the toilet =(
    this search for the franchise qb can be exhausting. i'm hoping it's easier than the early 2ooos miami, took them 11 years to find someone adequate.

but this is all on pancakes. please keep us out of your predictions! good grief!

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What did pcakes say?

16. conquistador#11

that we would win by 3 and go 8-5 going into the colts game.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pathetic.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Panckes predicted the win. Ya have to give him credit, he is consistent.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Remarkably consistent, there is no man in the entire country more reliable then him.

I mean, you would expect him to luck into a few correct predictions, but he continually defies the odds.

20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I wonder if his accuracy would be a little better if he took a something off his throws. Especially on short and intermediate throws.