1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Browns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

I think the Texans secondary is garbage... You guys seriously can't compare the Texans secondary to the Patriots. After yesterday's game, Cleveland better think long and hard about giving Hoyer a contract. Although it could be argued he doesn't have hardly anyone to throw to. But as far as Indy is concerned _ they are pretty much in the same boat as the Texans because they haven't beat a team with a good quarterback yet ---> and "maybe" now the Texans have a good quarterback.

Luck seems to fold when the moment is at it's biggest (which is why I say Winston may be a better prospect coming out of college than Luck)... He becomes a turnover machine in those moments (see playoffs). If the division is on the line then that will be like a playoff game so that's the hope for the Texans...

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Wasn't a great throw but I still love that Mallett took the shot here. Also really good play design, Fiedorowicz was open down the right sideline.

[​IMG]

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Great blocking too, there's no one within 5 yards of him on that play. I hope they keep it up.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Is that the play that was knocked away by the defender in the end zone...? If so that was a great throw _ just a better play by the defender. I'll take that...

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Yeah Haden picked it off. Still think Hopkins could've used his body to shield him as he had a huge height advantage.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I like that Mallett went towards Hopkins even though CJ was open as well. But, Hopkins had his guys beat, the throw just needed to be more to the outside..He didnt lead DeAndre and Haden was able to catch up and pick it off.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It was actually a terrible throw - he put too much air on it. Hopkins has space but you have to zip that one. That throw, and his first throw to AJ he just hung in the air too long.

The interesting thing about the play... Hopkins is open, but Grimes looks like he has a step on his man at the bottom of the screen. Throw that pass and it's an easier 6. I wonder if BO'B think he made the right read....

8. Remii

Remii Member

That's not the one I'm speaking of then (although I do agree with you). There was another play where he threw it to Nuk (I believe it was Nuk) and the defender made a great play to save the TD...

9. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

But, but... he's a statue and will get killed back there because whatever happened to Fitzpatrick will automatically happen to Mallett because the QB apparently has no bearing on pass protection whatsoever. Or so we were told. A lot.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

11. Remii

Remii Member

I was speaking of a different throw... That's why I asked which one it was.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

A pass with a lower trajectory would've been 6...Haden made a heck of an INT, but I believe that pass was in flight a bit too long allowing the DB to close the gap... With more reps, Mallet can work on his timing with his WR. And yes, while CJ was open...DeAndre was too (and correctly went to his first option)

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I know is that neither Joseph nor Jackson can stay with Hilton 1-on-1, but we have a couple of examples of teams that had a plan to beat the Colts. We need to adapt, this means no more 1-on-1 coverage for Hilton. Let someone else beat you. The secondary might be garbage, but you have to try and scheme a better plan than what the Texans did the past two times they played the Colts in Houston.

Did you read the blurb I posted, the Pats didn't put their best guy on Hilton, they put arguably their worst guy on him and gave him plenty of help over the top all night long. If your guys can't compete physically, you have to give them help with the scheme.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Remii seriously after one game bro. Up until this game Hoyer has been solid for the Browns. Credit the Texans mainly JJ Watt for bringing that heat.

15. Major

Major Member

That's a weird statement, given the KC playoff comeback and the ridiculous number of close games Indy has won, and the (record setting?) number of 4th quarter comebacks Luck has led his teams on in his first two years.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

One game. Against the Browns. If it holds up for the rest of the season, feel free to take your victory lap but let's not roll out the "Mission Accomplished" banners just yet okay?

17. Remii

Remii Member

Yes I read it. And the Patriots worst guy may be just as good as our best guy. I think the Texans offense has to put pressure on the Colts and make Luck force the action and hope he F's up.

I'm not knocking Hoyer but if you've watched the games Cleveland has won _ it wasn't necessarily because of Hoyer.

The Colts had to comeback in the KC game (and many others) because of the self inflicted wounds that Luck himself committed. He's a great quarterback like Manning, but just like Manning he usually blows his load during big games.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i think you're talking about the bomb to damaris johnson...

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yes, but the Patriots have a shutdown corner in Darelle Revis. You can throw any scheme you want out there if you're New England because you know Revis' man is going to have a LONG day ahead of him.

And in the Colts game earlier this year, Hilton was rarely shown single coverage by the Texans. We had Banjo coverage on him a large part of the game IIRC, and he STILL burned us on deep routes. Our secondary is BAD. They lack discipline on deep routes, and almost always pass interfere even when they are in position to make a play. It's not a scheme issue. It's a personnel issue.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sounds like Sheard is done for the season … Dansby out up to a month, which might mean four games. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash">#Browns</a></p>&mdash; PatMcManamon (@PatMcManamon) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatMcManamon/status/534453052263399424">November 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pettine on J.J. Watt’s two roughing the punter penalties: “For a while it seemed to be our best offensive play.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash">#Browns</a></p>&mdash; PatMcManamon (@PatMcManamon) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatMcManamon/status/534456465420189696">November 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>