1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2104-15 Denver Dumpster Fire

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Raptors on top of the East. I didn't think Ujiri was that good....

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

yea sure, we got rid of an $8 Mil back up center do go get a dumber one for $12 mil. Javale Mcgeeeee for 12 million ???? are you out of you're mind ?

3. baubo

baubo Member

Huh?

This IS Ujiri's team. Most players here were here under Ujiri. The only difference is that he rented Iguodala for a year, the only year they really exploded, and then left for Toronto.

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

r u drunk bruh?

5. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Why did Faried decide to stay with this team? Sell out man! Dude was a monster during the FIBA tourny.

6. gigantism

gigantism Member

First of all Shaw's running a slow paced offensive game plan where constantly tries to feed the post to Mozgov, McGee and Faried which is hilariously laughable considering they don't have a single post player on the team and almost every one of their players' strengths is athleticism.

Defensively they just bad because all of their players are giving no effort. Rotations are beyond slow, the amount of uncontested layups are worse than the Doug Moe era. I can only assume this is because none of the players give a **** about playing for Shaw anymore.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i'll take mozgov and harris, deal harris in a midseason trade

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

If Morey could somehow find a way to snag Faried from them, I would be a very happy panda.

9. Chamillionaire

They have 4 centers. We need to get one if them. JJ Hickson, JM, Mozgov would all suffice. I'm think JJ Hickson might be the bedt one since he can play 4 or the 5.

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

The Nuggets seem to have a plethora of bigs. McGee would be nice but his contract is very hefty. I would take Hickson or Mosgov to play that backup 5 position, although Hickson isn't intimidating anyone on the defensive end. Both are still upgrades at that position though and their contracts aren't too bad. Not a fan of Arthur and they're probably going to want to hold on to Nurkic.

11. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

I wonder who from this Denver team would be willing to get bought out and take a pay cut to play for a contender in order to showcase themselves for a larger payday down the line....

12. omgTHEpotential

If a guy wants to showcase himself he should probably go to a terrible team where he could get lots of minutes (ala Ed Davis to LA Lakers). Chances are you won't get a big payday playing very limited minutes on a contender.

13. Mr Chuck Norris

Again We got rid of Asik because HE DIDNT WANT TO BE HERE. Centers are expensive, and if we acquire him is an asset that we own that we can trade later. Teams need centers. And he still can block some shots. I'm tired of the lay-up drill when Howard gets benched.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I would really love Mozgov as a 10-15 MPG backup for Dwight. Plus on the Morey side, he's got a $5 Million team option for next season.

1 person likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sounds very nice. I wonder what would it take to get him, and if Denver would be willing to trade within the Western Conference.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

i remember all the people that said faried would blow up after seeing him play in FIBA and some arguing that Denver was a legit playoff team. well looks like that's not happening

17. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Mozgov or JJ Hickson for cents on the dollar would be intriguing.

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

Mozgov and Chandler would be two cap friendly contracts I'd go for. The two coming off the bench, IMO, would be an upgrade to what we have. Change of scenery and better team might work out in Wilson's favour. Mozgov can help bring Dwight's minutes down and preserve his health come playoff time.

Still think Atlanta is where we should be targeting in terms of trade partners. Their PGs and Bigs situation is getting interesting.

19. Nook

Nook Member

The Nuggets benched Kenneth Faried to start the second half last night. It is the second time Faried has benched in less than a week.

Aaron Afflalo was also benched to start the second half and only played 10 minutes last night.

The Nuggets don't have the all star caliber player the Rockets want, but Kenneth Faried would be an upgrade at the 4, and Afflalo would be an instant upgrade to the depth of the team.

I could see the Rockets decide to deal their assets for a larger package of Faried, Afflalo and another player for their expiring contracts and other assets, with the idea that the Rockets could always move Faried and/or Afflalo at a later date if necessary.

The bench and starting line up both would be stronger.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't see Affalo wanting to ride the pine behind Ariza - his last chance for a payday is upcoming either next offseason or one after.